• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

why 120?

• Thread starter YuriGaDaisukiDa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

Since there are only 2 pets in the game that dont have 99% controll chance at 110, the only benifit to 120 taming, is the extra controll slot, and 120 lore and vet, gives 2 slots, and slightly more damage healed...

Now 30 extra points can do wonders in any template, and without a doubt, 60 would be an imense benifit, considering you can have gm in all 3, and use jewls for the stable slots,

and one +10 taming and lore jewl, can get you your greater dragon, if you want it.

I know some people get the 120, for the slots, or the principle, and maybe for easier tames, (i find that only usefull if your marketing pets, since once you ahve you pet tamed, its done)

I think there should be some better benifits for having 110, and 120 in all 3, like maybe an extra 2 slots for each one at 120,

and it would be cool to have pets that require 120 both to controll with 99%

and not just another big 4-5 slot monster, maybe a 2 slot, and a 3 slot

also... would be nice to see more 1-2 slot pets at the high levels, 110 and beyond perhaps the equivelent to a drake in power

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you get 14 stable slots at 120/120/120, how many slots do you think you need?

Lets face it, you probably only have serious use of 6-8 of them.

I think a grt dragon is overpowering and should require 120/120 for 100% control. With it dropping 1% for every full point. 110/110 would give you an 80% control chance.

I also think if you lose control of a pet it should turn on the tamer immediately. I don't think you should have 100% chance to retame, but I don't think you should be able to get gains off the same pet twice!

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also think if you lose control of a pet it should turn on the tamer immediately. I don't think you should have 100% chance to retame, but I don't think you should be able to get gains off the same pet twice!

Just to clarify here. you cannot get a gain off a pet you have tamed. difficulty is dropped to 0 on any pets you have owned on retaming attempts.

As for the rest of your post about stable slots and greater dragons. Well lets just say we disagree.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I know you can't get a gain off of a re-tamed pet. That is my point.
They don't want people standing in their homes taming and releasing and re-taming a single animal for gains.

So they make the difficulty of a re-tame as 0 ( no chance for a gain). But what that also means is that if you lose control of a powerful aggressive pet, all you have to do is hit your tame macro and re-target your old pet and bam, it is re-tamed. No aggression, no difficulty, 100% chance at success.

To Balance Grt Dragons instead of nerfing them, I would require 120 taming and 120 lore for 100% control....anything else you risk it going wild.

Then if your pet goes wild it should automatically target you and attack. You can release a tamed pet now and it ignores you and walks around for five minutes and does nothing.

I think if you allow a pet to go wild it should turn on it's old master, and I don't think you should be able automatically re-tame it, I think you should have to go through the same original hard work to re-tame the aggressive.

That would make tamers who hunt with Grt Drag to have 120 /120.

I would rather see something like this, then to see them nerf the big guys!

K

Kazumi the Wild

I would rather real taming skill be used for control (though allow +taming items to help in the actual taming attempt) than force EVERY tamer who wants a greater to buy a Power Scroll that is easily 3-4 mill.

Do you really want to alienate new players that much? Do you know how long it takes for a new player to make 3-4 mill?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 taming shouldn't be a requirement for anything IMO. The whole thing with powerscrolls is to enhance, not be a necessity. One of the things I like about taming is that 120 isn't needed, you can still do well without it. I don't want to have more and more pets require 110 and above. By all means make a particular pet rare or hard to tame, but I don't think slapping a high taming or control requirement is the best option. Especially as that 120 skill is so easily reached with items. Unless we're talking real skill, the perks will simply go to those players with the gold to get scrolls and items.

If I wanted something at 120 I'd suggest, for example, a (nicely) coloured hitching post that was bound to the tamer's account and had their name inscribed on it. It's an item that can be acquired in other ways as a basic hitching post, but if you had your own hitching post it would be a nice perk. You could also allow a choice of a crook as well I guess, or some other decorative item to show that you'd hit 120.

Wenchy

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

120 taming shouldn't be a requirement for anything IMO. The whole thing with powerscrolls is to enhance, not be a necessity. One of the things I like about taming is that 120 isn't needed, you can still do well without it. I don't want to have more and more pets require 110 and above. By all means make a particular pet rare or hard to tame, but I don't think slapping a high taming or control requirement is the best option. Especially as that 120 skill is so easily reached with items. Unless we're talking real skill, the perks will simply go to those players with the gold to get scrolls and items.

If I wanted something at 120 I'd suggest, for example, a (nicely) coloured hitching post that was bound to the tamer's account and had their name inscribed on it. It's an item that can be acquired in other ways as a basic hitching post, but if you had your own hitching post it would be a nice perk. You could also allow a choice of a crook as well I guess, or some other decorative item to show that you'd hit 120.

Wenchy
thats right 120 is meant to enhance,

but in the case of taming, it really doesnt, sure lore and vet increase healing, but taming has almost 0 benifit

all we get for those last 10 points is one extra stable slot, which does not enhance our characters power at all

other characters get bonuses, parry give +5% block at 120, tactics give extra damage, swords give more git, magery gives more heals, ect.

but taming, gives nothing, unless there are better creatures to tame for us, so yea, i think more high taming creatures should be introduced, but without making 100 or 110 tamers useless

even if it is just like a ridable version of a greater dragon for example, that would be awsome

U

uoBuoY

thats right 120 is meant to enhance, but in the case of taming, it really doesnt, sure lore and vet increase healing, but taming has almost 0 benifit
I don't understand this statement? I used the chance to Tame calculator on a White Wyrm with these results:

Taming/ChanceToTame
100/8%
110/30%
120/53%

Isn't that a not insignificant benefit?

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

I don't understand this statement? I used the chance to Tame calculator on a White Wyrm with these results:

Taming/ChanceToTame
100/8%
110/30%
120/53%

Isn't that a not insignificant benefit?
no it is not unless your marketing pets

with 8%, all you need to do is try a few times, its really not hard, once you get it, bond, and its done, you never have to do it again

the other skills, give you a permanent bonus that is always there

K

Kazumi the Wild

no it is not unless your marketing pets

with 8%, all you need to do is try a few times, its really not hard, once you get it, bond, and its done, you never have to do it again

the other skills, give you a permanent bonus that is always there
Like the extra stable slot?

:D

Edit: That said, my god I would love it if they made a ridable dragon (probably with the regular dragon's stats, rather than the GD... oh god, the whining for nerfs that would come!), preferrably one that actually spreads its wings when you move fast. The amount of cool that would look makes the Ice Age sound hot.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a reward is one thing, it's just that I don't want players feeling that they need to squeeze 120 into every tamer template just to get a particular pet. The firesteed still grates with me over that stupid taming requirement, which is pointless given that players can use items to control it anyway.

I think cool pets should be available to as many players as possible, and that other rewards like stable slots and hitching posts and so on, would be more suitable for the high end tamer milestones. At least if you got an item you could wear or decor your house with, it would show your achievement.

Heck what's the great perk for having even GM taming real skill? Some players won't bother training even that far while we have items. I'd rather see a reward for GM real skill first if I'm honest :)

Wenchy

R

RichDC

i personally wont be going 120 show real, but i will probably end up at about 112 (i believe that is the lowest taming with 120lore of course :p to control all pets at 99%) and jewel up to 120 whne it comes to stabling pets.

Btw i already have 120 lore and vet show real

Gotta love that vet!!!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I've done the full 120 once, but I know for sure I won't have all 7 tamers at 120 even if I play another 10 years. Mind you, I could be less defetist and line them all up for their training each day.

I'm sorta managing 3 at the same time just now, but having done it once I'm thinking I know that boredom level a bit too well. And I was having some unhealthy thoughts about those ridgebacks too. Sorta like the thoughts I had about bulls after GMing the first time. Even the RL ones made me twitch slightly for a few months after. You can only whisper sweet nothings to a critter so many times before therapy is necessary.

Wenchy

S

Shaydow

Im comming back to the game after being gone for almost 5 years. Im sure its been suggested before, but wouldnt an Extra CONTROL slot for 120 taming be the best benifit? The greater dragons take 5 right? Is there a combo of 2 (3) control or 3 (2) control creatures that would make this to powerfull an option? Or is it simply a matter of coding issues?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CU-Baked combo
Dual White Wyrms
Dual Rune Beetles
WW-Rune
Dread-Rune
Dread-WW
Hiryu- Baked
Dragon-WW

I think all of those combos would be as bad or worse then the Grt Dragon to PVP!
lol

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CU-Baked combo
Dual White Wyrms
Dual Rune Beetles
WW-Rune
Dread-Rune
Dread-WW
Hiryu- Baked
Dragon-WW

I think all of those combos would be as bad or worse then the Grt Dragon to PVP!
lol
Oh easily!

6 control slots.... ikes!!!

I think today's pets are waaay too powerful for that kinda thing.

3 kitsune anyone? Triple giggles after every kill!
3 fire steeds - hey they might actually be good then!
a pack AND a mount... ok, that's not too horrific
greater drag + mount..... now that is horrific :D

I'm just not liking that idea!

Wenchy

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how did I miss three kitsunes????

lol oh that would be funny!

:)

We really aren't slamming you man....no such thing as a stupid idea when brainstorming. But some ideas make you think of funny things!!!!

R

RichDC

how did I miss three kitsunes????

lol oh that would be funny!

We really aren't slamming you man....no such thing as a stupid idea when brainstorming. But some ideas make you think of funny things!!!!

Oooohhhh i could have 3 fully train 7xgm imps with Pack instinct!!!Or 3 Fire steeds with pack instinct!!!yea baby!!!think of the possibilities!!!!

I like that idea :p

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Im comming back to the game after being gone for almost 5 years. Im sure its been suggested before, but wouldnt an Extra CONTROL slot for 120 taming be the best benifit? The greater dragons take 5 right? Is there a combo of 2 (3) control or 3 (2) control creatures that would make this to powerfull an option? Or is it simply a matter of coding issues?

I love this idea!

But I can already hear the chorus of whiners warming up their pipes, so I doubt it will ever happen.

U

uoBuoY

My favorite is the 3 Kits! Gotta love that laugh.
It would also be amusing to run with 6 Frenzieds.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are more than 2 pets in game that at 110 taming you dont get 99% control chance. Here are some off top of my head. Gr Dragon, Fire Steed, Unicorn, Nightmare(yes it's true.) Prob anything that requires over 100 taming to tame isnt fully controlable at 110 taming.

K

Kazumi the Wild

There are more than 2 pets in game that at 110 taming you dont get 99% control chance. Here are some off top of my head. Gr Dragon, Fire Steed, Unicorn, Nightmare(yes it's true.) Prob anything that requires over 100 taming to tame isnt fully controlable at 110 taming.
According to the pet calculator, you get 99% control chance with Greater Dragons, Unicorns, and Nightmares. Though there have been changes to the weight of taming and animal lore in control chance (as I understand it, its now 50/50 instead of 80/20 taming/lore), 110/110 wouldn't make a difference.

Your claims of veracity are going to have to be backed by something other than "my GD/nightmare/unicorn totally disobey way more than 1% of the time!"

To my knowledge, only the Fire Steed and the Dread Warhorse aren't at 99% control at 110/110.

R

rwek

The guy who asked how long does it take for a new player to make 3 or 4 mil.

Lets just say its a lot , lot , lot faster then it is to GM taming. In fact I bet he can get 4 mil in an hour at any busy bank :p

W

Warrior of Time

The guy who asked how long does it take for a new player to make 3 or 4 mil.

Lets just say its a lot , lot , lot faster then it is to GM taming. In fact I bet he can get 4 mil in an hour at any busy bank :p
If your talking PVP at a bank you can lose a lot of gold too. Too many people run in on the tamer in war mode only to get killed by a dragon or other pet. They only need to run in and change to war mode, kill the tamer. ( leathal poison works.) Then keep on going. That dragon don't double cast, and once tame don't do 135 hp damage or he would not need to double cast. That dragon targets slower than some thinks.

Kill the tamer the pet dies. So you may not want to bet too much. Double team a tamer and you will never get the second 'All Kill " out. That tamer better know how to run too.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1 Title
#2 Its rare to see an actual 120 tame skill takes ages to get to and is a reward in itself
#3 Stable slot
#4 Zoo donation rewards if you tame enough critters and donate them there is alot of cool stuff to say your a tamer! and 120 will make it quicker to tame :)

though i do agree tame at 120 is kinda useless in itself i am going to 105 myself with 120 lore my dragon listens enough at that level of skill and then i can put my luck jewel set to rest on my tamer permanently.

Say might somthing that makes sense be a good reward for real tame skill 120
Like say..... 1 extra control slot for a skill of 120 natural tame skill. let us have an ethy with our big dragons or a mule to carry the gold you farmed up in that remote place. I just think its silly that everyone can controll same number of things yes i can see why 6 would be a hastle also 2x dread war horse would become the nasty thing everyone complains about or a cu and a nightmare... hmm acctually that may just be about the same level of power a gd gives.

So Give us extra controll not stable at 120 now that would be a reward to work towards.

ok so i need to read all the posts next time b4 i post hehe but one more slot would be nice and yes 3 giggles would be fun hehehehe

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why should 120 taming be different from 120 disco...or 120 bushido etc etc. The is no actual benefit to real skill.....and I don't think should be...other than title.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

why should 120 taming be different from 120 disco...or 120 bushido etc etc. The is no actual benefit to real skill.....and I don't think should be...other than title.
here is the thing though

tamers can get the 120 benfit by putting on a ring, saying "stable" and then taking off the ring again.

they no longer have 120 but are still benifitting from it

at 120 peace, if you are jewl reliant, you have to keep the jew on while you hunt

and at 120 parry, you lose you 5% extra block chance if you take the ring off

not to mention that 120 in almost any other skill offers actualy field benifit to the character, where ase 120 taming is comepletely useless

we should get some benifit for having 120 taming, or at least keeping our jewls on,

and i mean a real benifit, something like a stronger pet, or a bonus to pet stats, like every other class gets