• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who would wanna do arenas?

B

Brackit

Been thinking about this for quite sometime. Here is the plan. :p

Find and place a decent size house in fel.

Build it as if it were an arena.

Advertise the event.

But however, I am needing some stuff from all the players. What I need from you?

Since your going to be the ones fighting, what restrictions do you want to see.
How many pots?
Artifacts or no?
Reg armor over LRC, HCI etc etc.
How big would you like the arena to be? Atm I have found a place alittle bigger than a log cabin. Still looking. :p
2v2,1v1 or both?

Tamers have their own division? Just post some ideas here. I just recently returned to Ultima Online, and would like to get involved with the community. :D

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking forward to your community event! Remember to update me or Tia and we can post it to LS news for you *grins*

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to do this all the time. Pvp tournaments like this can be easy to plan, but very difficult to manage and run smoothly. If you would like to talk more about it, hit me up on icq between 6pm and 9pm Central time any day. I would be willing to help, and can donate use of a house and/or reward money.

B

Brackit

That would be great. :D A few messages here and there with some ideas. Ill get in touch with you in the next few days or so.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once a year or so, the City of Jhelom will host a free for all tournament in the Jhelom Dueling Pits.

Everything allowed (pets, pre-casting, incognito, any equipment, summons, etc.) except attacking before I say to begin, and a few other scattered things (like leaving the Pit area during the fight).

-Galen and his player

B

Brackit

Alrighty! Shamus Turlough and I have had our little discussion, I threw em some idea's and everything seems good to go. This is all subject to change, so please lets not freak out on the smiles! Look what happened to this one :gee: ;)

So far, the rules are as follow:

-No lrc/lmc/hci/dci/Artifacts

-Mages and Warriors will have their own battles! Tamers...I am truly sorry, but there will not be a class for you. It's park the pet and hope the magic arts can pull you through. :)

-25,000 Charge to join. Ill be adding 15,000,000 to the "prize money" if over 100 participants. Shamus will also be adding some type of reward.

- This will take place in fel. This is so reds are able to join.

-Two guilds will be created. This is so other players wont give other players counts. However, it is optional, this is just to insure you wont be receiving any murder counts that night.

-Reg bags will be given to all the mages.

-Armor and weapons will be created by mules that offer their services. Some of you may remember Lord Chevrolet from Circle of Bastards.

-Odd, but needed to be done. Everyone will show up without any type of clothes or gear on. Their bags will then be snooped to insure you have no bracelets/rings/totems(even though they can be seen through the paper doll, it is rather annoying to have to worry about searching during combat. However, it will be done.)

these rules seem kinda "Stupid" but I assure you we already have a steady following for this type of tournament.

We will take the winners from each bracket. The top mage, and the top warrior. They will vote, they can vote to go get their "pvp gear" or stick to what they have used through the whole event. This does include artifacts/dci/hci/SSI etc..

This will be reposted when a date/time has been set. Just putting it here for you guys to shoot anymore suggestions my way. :D

F

Flaton

I've been meaning to comment about this i just never have the time i wrote my opinions and suggestions in the quote in red and bold...

I have a max lockdown big house in fel that would be great for this competition and i can help with other things as well as long as its not while the fights are going on as i'd like to be in it!

Been a Pvper for 10 years since 98 so i hope my suggestions are taken to consideration!!

If you are interested in my help PM me your icq or something and we can talk!

Alrighty! Shamus Turlough and I have had our little discussion, I threw em some idea's and everything seems good to go. This is all subject to change, so please lets not freak out on the smiles! Look what happened to this one :gee: ;)

So far, the rules are as follow:

-No lrc/lmc/hci/dci/Artifacts

This will get alot of people not to participate in the even i mean come on no HCI DCI LMC?? a mage can use regs but the LMC?!!!

-Mages and Warriors will have their own battles! Tamers...I am truly sorry, but there will not be a class for you. It's park the pet and hope the magic arts can pull you through. :)
This is great!

-25,000 Charge to join. Ill be adding 15,000,000 to the "prize money" if over 100 participants. Shamus will also be adding some type of reward.
Fair Price!! if you dont get 100 you can even raise it up a bit more im sure us pvpers will not mind

- This will take place in fel. This is so reds are able to join.
woot woot im a red lol

-Two guilds will be created. This is so other players wont give other players counts. However, it is optional, this is just to insure you wont be receiving any murder counts that night.
:)

-Reg bags will be given to all the mages.
:)

-Armor and weapons will be created by mules that offer their services. Some of you may remember Lord Chevrolet from Circle of Bastards.
I dont know if this would help too much unless the armor and weapons are very elite but i get the thought and idea

-Odd, but needed to be done. Everyone will show up without any type of clothes or gear on. Their bags will then be snooped to insure you have no bracelets/rings/totems(even though they can be seen through the paper doll, it is rather annoying to have to worry about searching during combat. However, it will be done.)

these rules seem kinda "Stupid" but I assure you we already have a steady following for this type of tournament.

We will take the winners from each bracket. The top mage, and the top warrior. They will vote, they can vote to go get their "pvp gear" or stick to what they have used through the whole event. This does include artifacts/dci/hci/SSI etc..

This will be reposted when a date/time has been set. Just putting it here for you guys to shoot anymore suggestions my way. :D