• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who would like GuildStones back?

Would you like Guildstones back?

• Yes, I want them back, and allow emmies to view alliance roster.

Votes: 64 50.4%
  • Yes but just as deco dont change anything.

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • Yes. (and insert use in post :p)

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Dont care

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • No why do we need them?

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters
R

RichDC

Simple really who wants them back...vote and hope the devs listen :)

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be great, but they need to be different then the ones in game now. Old guilds that have been around for a long time should be able to be recognized. Like a guild vet reward.

R

RichDC

That could be easily done with a different artwork, and/or maybe a new name (rather than guildstone an ancient guildstone?)

F

Flora Green

I want them back. Don't care the function if it's only deco, for just guild members to view, whatever.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like guildstones for one single reason... I was able to recruit my own characters on the same account without assistant from other player or an extra account.

Well in fact I like how it looked as a symbol of a guild and the "spiritual" feeling/bond that distinguishes a guild house from a regular house.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dumb questions here, since I wasn't around when guildstones were still functional. Are you asking for guildstones as a replacement to the guild menu currently accessible from character paperdolls? If yes, how exactly do they work for adding characters to the guild, promoting/demoting them, kicking them out? And how do you set up a guild using a guildstone if neither you nor your friends owns a house on the shard? Can you have more than one functional guildstone in a house? What happens if the guildstone is in Trammel and all the guild leaders and emissaries become murderers and are stuck in Fel? Is that a problem?

Again, sorry for the dumb questions but I really don't know how the guildstones used to work. Don't want to vote based on what little I know now because it could be completely wrong!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dumb questions here, since I wasn't around when guildstones were still functional. Are you asking for guildstones as a replacement to the guild menu currently accessible from character paperdolls? If yes, how exactly do they work for adding characters to the guild, promoting/demoting them, kicking them out? And how do you set up a guild using a guildstone if neither you nor your friends owns a house on the shard? Can you have more than one functional guildstone in a house? What happens if the guildstone is in Trammel and all the guild leaders and emissaries become murderers and are stuck in Fel? Is that a problem?

Again, sorry for the dumb questions but I really don't know how the guildstones used to work. Don't want to vote based on what little I know now because it could be completely wrong!
No no no. Still use paperdoll interaction.

I want the guildstones back as a decoration that can be added in the HQ or Guildhall, whichever you prefer to call it. One of the nice things about guildstones was that it added a kind of "presence" to the game. Something that really made the headquarters the headquarters.

Currently, all new guilds only have their titles and abbreviations above their characters to make their guild known. Nothing else.

Guilds need some kind of decoration specifically for their guild, a symbol. And that was what the guild stone really was for me. I didn't like having to go to the stone, so what I just want is my guild symbol back :D

It could be a craftable house add-on. When used you could select a number of designs for the stone, color options for the stone, and of course it should only be useable if you are a GM of a guild.

R

RichDC

Well Currently 88% of people want them back, 6% dont care and 6% dont...

Thats pretty unanimous at the moment hopefully we can get some more votes and a dev will actually see this post :p

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want em back, and want em the exact way they used to be!!!

R

RichDC

Lil bump...i wana keep this a "hot" topic cos i want them back...BAD!

edit: i think it would be a great way to solve the alliance roster issue.

S

Sebrina

I'd love to see them back, but this brings up some good points. I remember the old days when only the guildmaster could work the stone, and it might be days before he/she showed up...what a pain. So yes, bring them back as decor, but leave the paper-doll menu in place.

R

RichDC

I'd love to see them back, but this brings up some good points. I remember the old days when only the guildmaster could work the stone, and it might be days before he/she showed up...what a pain. So yes, bring them back as decor, but leave the paper-doll menu in place.

Why not do both??

Keep the current system, paperdoll wise but use the guildstone to expand the they system allowing the GM or Emmies to view the Alliance Guild Rosters?

Obviously they would have no control over there rosters but they can see whose on

L

Lord Zephyrus

I'd love this maby a different animation for the stone there are lot's of things that could be use as a guild stone but deffinatly yes ftlog please yes.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it needs a return. Maybe new art and made by a mason. Comes in deed form and when placed by a guilded character has their guild name on it. Also would be nice if any player clicking it would see the guild roster and ally info. Someone interested in joining that guild can see over time how active they are when you are on. Stones placed by characters show on the guild roster and are tied to that character. Guild Leader can have stone remove option on guild roster window. If the deed is placed by the Leader of a guild it has its own more dramatic artwork.

T

Turdnugget

The new system is nicer than the old...it'd be cool to have guildstones again, kinda defeats the purpose of having a 'guild' house if the guild really doesn't have to go there that often. Besides for events/rolling for items.

If they'd incorporate the new guild system, but be able to use stones as well, giving a reason to actually go to a GH that'd be cool.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so many people, not myself included, would be pissed off if they did bring them back because people have paid 10 mil+ for certain guild stone names

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Rare speculation should have nothing to do with normal game play.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and the should work like they used to
If you want to see what you enemies are up to look at owo.com

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You turn your guild stone in to a seed then place it in a fell house.

S

Sebrina

*laughs* Two things would have to done. Turn off the "Desolation" then get someone to water the seed. Step one is easy enough, but step two, *takes a deap breath* "sigh"

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so many people, not myself included, would be pissed off if they did bring them back because people have paid 10 mil+ for certain guild stone names
Meh, no ones fault there. I don't see why that would be a problem though. If someone wants a guild name so bad let them pay for it. Still the same now with guild names, you still can't have the same guild name as someone else.

K

Karthcove

I still have my guildstone :)

Knights of HellFire [KHF], Had the stone for about 9 years now, it is set up as a shrine in my house.

R

RichDC

Quite amazing that today as i post the count again stands at 88%for 6%against and 6% dont care!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I like having them because it shows some physical (Even in a pixi game) Of the guild.

Some jerk off lost ours a long time ago and i still mad.

I have a Ni! Guildstone that I could sell for millions but who cares. The guildstone is for a guild. not some person who has MILLIONS anyways and tons of arties out the butt.

Dem your not allowed to complain over 10mill :p Thats nothin to you. heheh

B

Baciver of CCC

Sure would like them back and functional. I'd like the one we got 8 years ago, when my wife and I formed our guild,(and still have), to be a bigger part of play than a decoration.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I want the current system--it is a million times easier to use for the GuildMaster.

Deco--yes

Guild chat yes--expand to alliance level too please.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want em back, and want em the exact way they used to be!!!
the old stones were attached to a outdated system that caused problems and had quite a few bugs, the guild functions were updated by Mr. Tact, and the option was then put on paper dolls.

There were some abuseing the guild stone feature that it was 100% needed to access the gump for guild or joining a guild and there were alot of griefers who were lureing folks to felucca and ganking then under false pretenses of joing a guild.

Also there were folks complaining that they could no longer access the guildstone to remove aliances because a guild master left the game their homes became inaccesable, and they were lost due to house falls.

The outdated function were the origonal reason they were removed along with the griefing aspect