• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Who were the really oldschool Europa players?

• Thread starter BignastyMGP
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
B

BignastyMGP

I played back in 1998/1999 and the only names i can remember are :

Zevano
Rogerrabbit ( think this was Xlord's alt)
XLordX

Anyone else remember any of the PvPers or PKers from the glory days?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sheepdog ...

well Hatchet Harry and his Crew. ;)

Even tho they were a pain in the ass towards EKC/Rosamar/Talysman (RP community) i still have lots of fond memories of that time. Atleast they kept the life busy and the game interesting.

The Ohmsford Brothers. Par Ohmsford, Wren Ohmsford and Edward Bearclaw. They were a daily evil in our "small" rp town. After all the EKC village (found in 1998) went from ice dungeon to the south of wrong dungeon. If the OP can't remember those names then so be it. For alot of other players they were "famous". In '98/'99 the known world to my characters was much smaller.

D

Deric Brokenhelm

Riva, Photek, Ashe, Weaslemode & Oona are names that i´m missing from that other list on page 2. Can think of a bunch of others as well, but they at least should be known to this part of the community.

B

BignastyMGP

I played on Europa the day it went live and dont recall any of those names on that other list.

K

King Frankie

I played back in 1998/1999 and the only names i can remember are :

Zevano
Rogerrabbit ( think this was Xlord's alt)
XLordX

Anyone else remember any of the PvPers or PKers from the glory days?
XLordX and rogerrabbit is 2 diffrent persons.

X Lord X, Rogerrabbit and Lucky look were 3 mates that played together Sheepdog was luckylooks alt afaik :)

I played Uruk Hai and Tor the smith i hanged out outside eastbrit selling untolds of DP weps since i was 1st to have gm poisoning :p

D

Deric Brokenhelm

I played on Europa the day it went live and dont recall any of those names on that other list.
I have no idea if the ones i mentioned played the day Europa went live, and you probably don´t either. But you were asking about 98/99.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
XlordX, isnt he the suspected script idoc player we see occassionally? think he lurks north of brit fel

sadly if so seems he has fallen into bad habits after being in game so long?

Riva or Ailea or Elistaria, oh whatever she calls herself, self confessed "Seeress of, Countess of" ELV, Default title due to being the other half of the GM of ELV? certainly its NOT due to excellence, unless attacking running and hiding behind earth ellies or other players, or waiting for others to tank Navrey etc is a sign of superness in ELV! but we digress!

What a way to spend all them years ingame

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm - well - depends what you define as 'really oldschool' :D

starting in mid 1999 myself i don't think that i really was able to focus on 'celebreties' of that time, but i surely remember Riva, since he was one of those people that gave me regular adrenalin-rushes, esp when i was mining.

He was definitely an 'oldschool'-PK, even camping the little house i shared with a good friend at the road to Vesper east of the Britain Swamps. No idea if its the same Player you are talking about, Jack, but i doubt it to be honest. Apparently Riva was one of the first Characters of a player that then was a Member of I-C for a long time and i have now idea if he is still playing (If you read this, feel free to comment or get in touch with me ;-)).

I remember Sheepdog from the Bounty-Boards of that time but if i remember right i never saw him in game. XLordX was also on those Bounty-Boards, but he was not so much a pure PK but something like a very early PvPer. He loved challenges and he was very skilled in fighting other players. He was one of the founders of the Ancient Oak Community and he was also its main guard, leading to a remarkable save spot in the wild lands.
Since he was a good fighter, he became an andmired and hated PvP celebrity guy, leading to a lot of imposters, that made charakters of the same name - maybe its one of those imposters that Jack is talking about - doesnt sound at all like the old XlordX that i met in game those days!

Then i think one of the Posters of this thread also meets the specifications of an 'oldschool'-Player, don't you agree Mr. Brokenhelm? *smiles and winks*, because what would us weak citisens do without the protection of the brave fighters, who hunted those feared Murderers, may them be called Seanius Flay or Brockenhelm ;)

I also agree with Brockenhelms list of other 'oldschool'-Players, though i am not sure if they all would like to be mentioned in a thread that so far mostly refered to PKs :D

Lord Ulysses should also be mentioned, since it was his Katanas, that helped me to earn my first decent gold in those days, not by using them though - i bought them at his shop at Deepwater and sold them at britain forge and other places with a 20% profit :).

I also may use this opportunity to point to my the entrance-showcase of the Museum for Common Britannian History at Castle Finstermoor - there is a book and a Bulletin-Board where you can read a bit about the PKs of the Area between T2A and AoS and also leave your comments if you like ;-)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hiya Crest

no way different Riva for sure!

i remember I-C, wildcat etc they all left the shard a few years back, cant remember now where they went or if they are even active anymore

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riva or Ailea or Elistaria, oh whatever she calls herself, self confessed "Seeress of, Countess of" ELV, Default title due to being the other half of the GM of ELV? certainly its NOT due to excellence, unless attacking running and hiding behind earth ellies or other players, or waiting for others to tank Navrey etc is a sign of superness in ELV! but we digress!
Well Jack I have known Elle (Ailea - Elistaria ) for years from just before I joined ELV many years ago. I dont hunt much these days esp right now when every night is lag city for me. But then I spent many hours together with Khurzon (ELV GM) Elle and others doing T/maps and the original Tokuna champ, also expeditions into Ilshenar for verious things like killing the Ancient Wyrm.

All I can tell you is that I have always found Elle to be a good, genuine, and generous player very much as I have found you to be.

If there is a difference in playstyles this is often due to the difference in the characters played. I am curently using Sparrow for the EM events. You dont see him much as he is a thief/stealth/mage. If attacked he gets to be dead in seconds so apart from the odd EV his participation tends to be ressing and healing when possible but mostly remaining hidden.

K

King Frankie

Current owner of X lord X is not the real one. The real sold account right after AoS release and now play WoW. :)

K

King Frankie

Ah ok, then i hope i do not cause offence to you(assuming he is a friend) or the original X Lord X :)
No worries mate and yeah they are all still mates i played wow with them not long ago. Thanks for the stealth SoA again :p

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember StarDust having an armour shop not far from the mining area West of Britain. I still have a piece of that armour somewhere :)