• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who thought it was a good idea to lower sigil corruption to 2 hours?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think anyone was asking for it to be lowered. I certainly hope they left something out otherwise guarding towns just became impossible.

W

Willow30

It will definetly put a twist on things. I don't think we will see one faction holding all towns any more.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like 2 hours better than what it was before.

Some of us have careers and families. I personally don't have 10 hours to spend guarding.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of us have careers and families. I personally don't have 10 hours to spend guarding.
On the other side of this, we won't be able to participate as much because we have jobs etc. Plus, 2.0 doesn't guard much anyways. Problem solved there.

If the idea was to incite more action among factions, is the purification still 3 days?

Dubar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think its the right direction, leave the time grinds to games like WoW. where you need to put in 8 hours a day to see any results

leave UO for those with other responsibilitys, so they can log in for a few hours and have fun. whether it be a peerless, spawn, harrower or corruption of sigs etc

i think 2 hours is perfect

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its a BS move, too. Players should have to put in some time for gaining control of towns. IMO, 6 hours wouldn't be bad for this event, but I hope for damn sure this 2 hour bit isn't permanent.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have settled for 5, but with 2 I think they need to modify stat loss time and purification time to be effective.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the other side of this, we won't be able to participate as much because we have jobs etc. Plus, 2.0 doesn't guard much anyways. Problem solved there.

If the idea was to incite more action among factions, is the purification still 3 days?
Why guard? We have our faction horses.

Whats the point when you will zerg us with more greater dragons than we have people. Since Greater Drags walk over candelabras and bag balls it's really not fun guarding.

I have more fun just killing TB and SL.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two hours is way too low ... I see why they want to cut it for the event, but TWO HOURS? That is too low. Five would have worked. Even four. Two? There will be no factions ...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk, read the rest of the publish notes.

Tamers who use their greater dragons during this event when the crimson or platinum dragons are in the area are just asking to have them go wild and then losing them for good if they can't retame them quickly enough and gate them out of the area. (Not even sure gating's going to work when invasions are active. The patch notes say that you probably won't be able to teleport into invasion areas, so who knows. Probably recall or SJ out only.)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why guard? We have our faction horses.

Whats the point when you will zerg us with more greater dragons than we have people. Since Greater Drags walk over candelabras and bag balls it's really not fun guarding.

I have more fun just killing TB and SL.
Guess there is no need for you to worry about corruption time then is there?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 hours was a terrible idea. Guilds will just steal them 2 hours before/after server down when everyone is asleep. Atleast with the previous timer people could do that and have a chance at getting them back.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just completely obvious to me that the devs have not even played factions to get a feel for what it is like. The only time there is faction pvp is when the sigs are live.. Now a thief will log on at server up, put the sig in there base, no one will log on for another 3 - 4 hours. There will be almost no raiding or defending, basically its going to be which thief times it better and which team can sneak off a 2 hour guard.

This is just pathetic. They took the only 'pvper-only' system and gave it to the trammies. There is no reason to get sigs. Wait a few days until a faction has the items and isn't paying attention to the sigs, hold for 2 hours, get your items and then let another faction do the same. Everyone is going to have the items and this is just complete garbage. Gutless and pathetic. There is still not a reason to fight for sigils. They gave incentive to be in the faction and go back to trammel where there is no risk AT ALL. I guess they gave some incentive just to leave the game if you are a pvper. Its pretty clear to me we are just over looked and being phased out. It's incredible how they slip BS like this into the patch with out telling anyone.

Anyone who likes the 'sigil-play' can just forget about the running sigs back and forth and fights in between. I know some people didn't think it was fun but for a lot of thieves out there it was a blast. I just cannot fathom how you over look things like this when you try and change a system like the factions.

UNREAL....

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever your opinion is on the corruption timer, consider posting it in the thread below. Draconi seems to be paying attention and is looking for feedback. :thumbsup:

Get out there and test with us!

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=107933
Correct, we're paying attention. Things to keep in mind:
* The timing isn't final, we needed a shortened timer for testing on TC, since we're only planning to be there for a week
* The other times for purification, etc, are also subject to feedback
* Sigils are unavailable after server startup for a predetermined amount of time. Currently, this is an hour, and can flex as needed to make up the slack for the now quickened pace.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So TB faction cannot place traps at the bridge and area in front... HMM

So can TB faction still place poison traps?

Cuz as far as I know faction stronghold suppose can place poison traps.

If no poison traps can be placed as well, then it is surely a bad change.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So TB faction cannot place traps at the bridge and area in front... HMM

So can TB faction still place poison traps?

Cuz as far as I know faction stronghold suppose can place poison traps.

If no poison traps can be placed as well, then it is surely a bad change.
They can still place inside the castle boundaries

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought that behind faction sign up stone area already is TB or any other factions STRONGHOLD area.

Why can't we place poison traps at the bridge and area in front (behind the faction join stone????)

This is very unfair.

W

wee papa smurf

At first i thought this was a bad idea, but the more i think about it i suppose its gona be aight! And if you can time it right you can corrupt them in an hour lol,

Just dont make it permanent ;)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, people shouldn't forget that the sigil is still corrupting for the hour it isn't stealable. So if the shard crashes for any reason during a guard attempt, half your work is over. Or perhaps they already got 1 hour of guarding done and the shard goes down, now there is no chance to raid.

W

wee papa smurf

Yeah, people shouldn't forget that the sigil is still corrupting for the hour it isn't stealable. So if the shard crashes for any reason during a guard attempt, half your work is over. Or perhaps they already got 1 hour of guarding done and the shard goes down, now there is no chance to raid.

exactly, i can just see a trend of people gettin the sig 1 hour before server down then guardin till server down and the sig cant be stolen for an hour after server up, maybe theyl take that timer away?

W

wee papa smurf

I meant to ask, anyone know that once the towns have been corrupted is it still the 3 day time limit that they cant be stolen for once this new pub comes in?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
10 kill points per sig and 2 hour corruption... Good news for MPR. Hah.

Ironically, I am against both a shortened timer and the points for thieves. I like the system that was implemented for it, but 10 points is way too much. If I read that correctly, then that means a single thief can go ahead and get himself 80 kill points for none too hard of a task.

Edit: That bridge IS part of the stronghold, and should allow nox traps. The guard zone line and stronghold line are two different things. For TB, the stronghold line is right between the lamp posts near the signup stone. The guard zone, however, is a handful of tiles from the portcullis. By keeping it this way, enemy OJ's are allowed to get a foothold in a indefensible part of your base (in terms of traps and fields). Move that guard zone line, let us nox trap and field our own damned base.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting kill points for stealing sigils is rather absurd. So if one thief steals all the sigils they can get 80 kill points for basically doing nothing. This is going to make kill points absolutely meaningless. Do you realize how insanely hard it is to get just 10? A silver bonus is fine but kill points for not killing is not right.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Change the name of the points if that is what is bothering you. You could try to do the faction thing with out thieves... I here there is plenty of action at Yew gate.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Absolutely.

As a GM of a thief guild, and playing almost solely a thief these days, I'll be the first to say: No incentive for thieves!

It goes against UO. This game is meant to offer NO incentive for "immoral" play styles. A bit Garriot-esque, perhaps.

W

wee papa smurf

Im not sure what i make of the points for stealing, but hey, im up for it but its like you have to steal the sig, get it to your post and hold it for 2 hours then that same theif has to steal it from there post and place it on the town pedestal! So it wont be that easy, oh and the same theif has to be online to get the reward!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I swear to God, Smurf, Im-a slap you....

1. Thou shalt not steal from or loot fellow thieves.
2. Thou shalt not purposely reveal fellow thieves.
3. Thou shalt not identify disguised thieves.
4. Thou shalt not kill fellow thieves.
5. Thou shalt not follow fellow thieves around telling people that they are thieves.
6. Thou shalt offer aid and comfort to fellow thieves when possible.
7. Thou shalt not ask stupid questions that are thoroughly covered in the FAQ.
8. Thou shalt check the forum to see if thine question as already been answered.
9. Thou shalt retain a sense of humor.
10. Thou shalt not call thy self a thief if thou hast not stolen from thine fellow player.
11. Thou shalt remember that thine profession is spelled thief and not theif.

W

wee papa smurf

I swear to God, Smurf, Im-a slap you....

1. Thou shalt not steal from or loot fellow thieves.
2. Thou shalt not purposely reveal fellow thieves.
3. Thou shalt not identify disguised thieves.
4. Thou shalt not kill fellow thieves.
5. Thou shalt not follow fellow thieves around telling people that they are thieves.
6. Thou shalt offer aid and comfort to fellow thieves when possible.
7. Thou shalt not ask stupid questions that are thoroughly covered in the FAQ.
8. Thou shalt check the forum to see if thine question as already been answered.
9. Thou shalt retain a sense of humor.
10. Thou shalt not call thy self a thief if thou hast not stolen from thine fellow player.
11. Thou shalt remember that thine profession is spelled thief and not theif.

HAHA, u wanna summit funny, i knew that was the correct spellin and i never ever changed it lol, bad habbits die hard :lol:

C

Coyt

i still remember the 24h guarding sessions in my youth as awesome, ofc back then there was a playerbase to back it up, if there is nowdays im not sure about,
i remember removing stattloss on reds and lowering sigill timer as 2 reasons for factions making ppl losing interest in it

J

Jaster

IMO 2 hours for corruption isn't a bad idea if they had the sigils go live every 24 hours. It would keep factioners around the bases and away from yew gate during the day. Maybe put a cap on how many sigils each faction can corrupt at a time, maybe 4 max that way 1 faction doesnt just horde all the sigils at a time. They would have to be selective. Each town corrupted would open up some of the new items to the faction. For instance if they corrupted magincia sigil, they would have access to the orny and the ir gloves, but if they corrupted brit, they would have the mace and shield glasses and the ring of the vile. It would make factioners have to make a choice.

It would also allow faction fighting to happen every day, not just once a week or twice a week. SL could be lame and corrupt the 4 sigils at server up, but there would be 4 others left. Chances of there not being anyone around for some good faction fighting that day would be slim to none. If it happened, they could do it again the next day.

S

Sir Kenga

On origin with new publish it's 4 hours for corruption and 6 for purification.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they want to drop the timers down to help make the event go better I think the is okay. But when the event ends I think is should be strongly considered to raise the corruption timer up to at least 16 hours.

J

Jaster

IMO the thing that is going to bring faction activity alive on a daily basis is going to be quickness.

*4 hours to corrupt

*Sigils can be restolen each day between 11am and 2 pm servertime.

What this does is it keeps people on their toes and active in the faction community each day. When the sigils are corrupted it gives them a day to either set vendors up and stock resources, transfer silver from towns around etc. The next day, their stuff will go poof if they don't recapture the towns. By putting a timeframe on when sigils go live each day, no one can just camp them for the exact time and corrupt them at serverup. There are usually a few people online around lunchtime, and it would stem into 5pm server time while people were getting off of work.

The reason daily purification would be good is because someone who can't be around on a Wednesday maybe can play a Thursday and will be able to enjoy the same kind of faction activity that someone on Wednesday did, plus for that faction only player that is on everyday, they can have constant action.

This will also branch pvpers away from the moongate fighting. You will have your moongate reds and blue gate huggers, your faction players in the towns fighting, your spawn guilds down in the dungeons, and it also will allow people to get back into dungeons to kill monster for silver to acquire the faction rewards.

Just my opinion of course, but constant action = happier players

Finally a chance to have a halfway decent organized pvp system.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are saying the exact opposite in Warhammer Online. Objectives and Keeps are changing hands so easily that it is becoming impossible to hold them.

Having to organize every single day, actually twice per day as it is now, is going to burn players out fast. If you can't make it on Wednesday then there is going to be Friday/Saturday. If you can't make it that weekend then there is next week. Making sigils live 24/7 is going to kill things fast.

I think some people are missing that to take a town was a lot of work. If someone holds it for 24 hours then it isn't unreasonable to expect someone else to have to hold it that long. If the system was reset so no Faction owns the towns to start with the new longer timer, that would help things out too.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with JC.

Factions burn people out in a terrible way. I've heard people go absolutely crazy. Back during the 24-hour days we had a couple people in our guild throw a fit, log off, and we never hear of them again. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they killed themselves, losing the sigs after 23 hours ... twice in a row.

It's the same as when the sigils go a week without being corrupted. Once they corrupt, EVERYONE is saying: "THANK GOD! 3 DAYS REST!"

J

Jaster

Difference is that its not 24 hours to corrupt anymore, but it can be if the fighting keeps up and they keep switching sides. If people play the game to pvp, its not really just about corrupting sigils as it is with finding organized pvp away from spawns and the moongates. Keeping the fighting up daily as opposed to every 3 days seems to allow the everyday player and the casual player to always be able to find something to do and allow them to play factions and no miss out. Needing ranks to use certain items/certain amounts of items will also make the constant fighting not a burn out. People transfer servers looking for better pvp and more suitable atmospheres. One thing I do wanna make sure EA has updated is how the rank system works ... currently you go from rank 1 to rank 4 with like 2 or 3 kills ... that can't be the case. To be rank 4 use to take like 10s of points ... 20-30 i dont remember exactly.

Not many ideas that are posted here actually happen, in fact I can't think of 1, especially coming from pvpers, so I'm just voicing my opinion is all.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Difference is that its not 24 hours to corrupt anymore, but it can be if the fighting keeps up and they keep switching sides. If people play the game to pvp, its not really just about corrupting sigils as it is with finding organized pvp away from spawns and the moongates. Keeping the fighting up daily as opposed to every 3 days seems to allow the everyday player and the casual player to always be able to find something to do and allow them to play factions and no miss out. Needing ranks to use certain items/certain amounts of items will also make the constant fighting not a burn out. People transfer servers looking for better pvp and more suitable atmospheres. One thing I do wanna make sure EA has updated is how the rank system works ... currently you go from rank 1 to rank 4 with like 2 or 3 kills ... that can't be the case. To be rank 4 use to take like 10s of points ... 20-30 i dont remember exactly.

Not many ideas that are posted here actually happen, in fact I can't think of 1, especially coming from pvpers, so I'm just voicing my opinion is all.
1. I've seen several ideas from this forum get put in game. 1 recently was the faction status trumps notoriety. With that being said it only took them about 6 years to put that one in.
2. No it's not 24 hour corruption. It's 10, and soon to be 4. You watch and see how pathetic raiding and defending is..
3. It was exhausting fighting to reset the sigs 3 - 4 times a day. Wait and see how it is when you have to do it 8 - 10 times a day.
4. There is no balance system so there will always be a front running faction.
5. What incentive do you have to get the towns? What incentive do you have to hold the towns?
6. We already have scabs asking how to farm points on the forums.. The rank system is still broke and you can bet you ass it will be broken when the patch reaches the rest of the shards.

The only thing this patch introduced is pvm garbage (in trammel only) and a reason to farm points and hide in trammel. With such an emphasis on rank/points you are going to see people killing themselves with boxes, and house hiding more than ever in fear of losing their points/rank.

This is just a mess. Faction activity sparked,,, it will explode and then it will become so frustrating and annoying people will leave factions or quit the game. Whether its frustration from lack of pvpers who actually fight, sick of bugs, or sick of exploiters the factions will die out.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is just a mess. Faction activity sparked,,, it will explode and then it will become so frustrating and annoying people will leave factions or quit the game. Whether its frustration from lack of pvpers who actually fight, sick of bugs, or sick of exploiters the factions will die out.
Haha! That is precisely what I've been ranting in vent and ICQ.