• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game Who is planning to play these kickstarters?

Which of these games are you following?

• Total voters

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
There are several Kickstarters under development that closely resemble Ultima Online, and many of the former developers of Ultima Online are working on these new games. I'm curious about how many Ultima Online players are tracking these developments, have participated in the Kickstarters, and are planning to play the games when they are released.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know of shards online and shroud of the avatar. What others are there?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been following shroud of the avatar for about 2 years, it looks really great so far but seems like it is so far away still....2 years and it's still in "Pre-Alpha" phase.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yea it is a long development cycle. I'm getting pretty excited for Crowfall. They just announced alpha testing will begin late this summer.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
It doesn't really have much similarity to UO but I'm wetting my pants about star citizen also.
Yes that looks pretty awesome. I'm not a backer yet, but the amount of money they have raised to build that game is absurd. The graphics will be astounding.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am biased on this view. I have J Todd Coleman on my facebook. I just going to wait till the game is out for public. Crowfall does look tempting.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was following Shroud of the Avatar for a little, but instantly fell out of happiness, when the world was full of instance fighting. I like being able to "run across a monster" and having the battle on the screen right then and there and not "spiral into" a place to fight. It just seems so little kid like. As far as the others, I did not know they existed and may or may not take a look. I don't see my attention being diverted easily.

Tinky Feetz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Mees waddin fer Camelot: Unchained. Mees always lubbed DAoC.
Mee noes dat noo bee wut yoos talkin aboot, but mees puds mee 2 coins in neway.