• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who else is going to the midnight showing of The Hobbit?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
As opposed to seeing the movie, buying the bluray, then buying the extended edition bluray... I'll just wait for the extended edition to come out lol

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've still not even seen Lord of the rings yet!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I have been at the first showing for one of the Star Wars movies and it was kinda cool. Usually the place is packed. Uber fans. People in costume, etc. Lots of cheering. I get it. It can be a really fun experience.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
worst movie ever. i sat thru like 3 hours and then the story didnt even have an ending. Now i dont really remember what happened in the last one because it was so long ago, so doubt i would enjoy the next one. LOTR was ok but overall i find hobbits annoying.

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope I liked the book but won't support the cash grab of making that thin book into 3 movies! I'll see it eventually when it comes to cable tv.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't enjoy the 1st one that much (at the movies), and hated to find out that it would be in 3 parts, so I waited for the 2nd one to go to DVD and rented it from Red Box. The 2nd one was better so I might see the 3rd at the movies but will wait a week or two. The previews look interesting. Still can't believe they made it 3 parts tho, the money grabbing buggers.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't go to a late showing (I'm old and that is way past my bedtime). With that said, I will certainly make it to see the movie in the theaters. Those movies rock on the big screen. Unfortunately after dragging my wife to the first two, I think this one will be me soloing it...la

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love going to the midnight premiers.
I took my son to one of the trilogy premiers when he was around 8 or 9 and he had a blast. Fell asleep for a bit but that's all good :)
At the first Hobbit premier I won a limited edition poster by answering a trivia question which ofc made my son think I was a complete geek lol.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They are doing a full back to back sitting of all three moves here in teh UK a whole 505 minuets long (8 and 3/4 hours). But i think i will wait for the DVD's for a full sitting so i can drink beer, eat food and smoke funy things :flame:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
others were ok, I am just not pumped for this one. might go see it might not.
sad Tom Bombadil was not in it.

as a side note in the extended dvd of LOTR (first movie) there was an extras on the making of it using perspectives that was an amazing special feature to see.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll be going on Thursday. Since I work nights and on weekends I can't go this weekend... But I will be there on Thursday so NO spoilers!

Was in middle school when I read all the books... damned if I remember much of it... wasn't long after that the cartoons of the books came out... I thought they were awesome. Loved the cute songs.

Watched and own all the Bluerays of the LoTR Trillogy in extended extended editions... They are awesome.... though not as visually stunning on blueray as watching the blue guys in Avatar. I don't think there is anything as visually stunning as that... The colors the whole environment is just amazing... Anyway I also own the first two on Blueray extended. I'm sure when the last one comes out on Blueray they will have some super package set deal with more extra's... which I might be lured into buying.

In the meantime I'm gearing up for another season of Game of Thrones coming next year. Can't wait. Have been holding off on reading that series of books as I want to enjoy the show as it is before tainting it with the books. Though the Author is working with HBO for it... I wish Peter Jackson would do the Drizzt series... or at least the first 3 books of the Drizzt series. THAT I would LOVE to see.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Nah. I rarely go to the movies anyway. If it's something I'm sure I'd like to see, I generally wait for the DVD.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will wait for the full DVD box instead.
I haven't seen any of the Hobbit films yet. I definitely didn't like that Peter Jackson squeezes 3 films out of such small book, and from the little I saw, the mood is completely different than the book (Why the heck there is fighting and orcs and elves during the river barrel escape? WHY? WHY IS LEGOLAS THERE? WHYYYYYYYY?)

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wont make it to the midnight showing, but I'll be going next week for sure. I've been taking my sisters kids to the hobbit movies for the past few years. It's a way for me to spent sometime with them, even though, I'd prefer to wait for the Blueray box. They love it and I've become the "cool" uncle as a result of the time spent with them and the movies. :)

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would except the premier is at 7:00pm on Tuesday here (Arizona) so I will do that instead. They used only have the premiers at midnight, then they accounted for timezone and would premier at 10:00pm/9:00pm depending on the time difference. Lately they have just been debuting them in primetime which def changes the feel of an opening night show.

-Lore's Players

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sad Tom Bombadil was not in it.
Seriously? No Tom Bombadil? You're right. That is sad.

I am waiting until right after Christmas to go see it. That's when I'll be with my son. We made a pact when the LOTR first came out that we would wait until we were together to go to the movie. You see, I taught him how to read by reading out loud the Hobbit and then we continued on with the trilogy. I read a sentence, he'd figure out a word, then a couple words, then we'd take turns reading sentences, then paragraphs. Almost every night for a year we did this. When we got to the last page we both cried. It was like old friends were departing and we shared something very special that we both remember to this day fondly. This was almost 30 years ago.
So yeah, I'm waiting till I can see it with my baby who now lives a half continent away. I'm sitting here smiling.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will wait for the full DVD box instead.
I haven't seen any of the Hobbit films yet. I definitely didn't like that Peter Jackson squeezes 3 films out of such small book, and from the little I saw, the mood is completely different than the book (Why the heck there is fighting and orcs and elves during the river barrel escape? WHY? WHY IS LEGOLAS THERE? WHYYYYYYYY?)
Because he's supposedly hot and they want girls to like the film as well... which is also why the dwarves don't look more dwarf like...

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My daughter took me and her two girls to see the movie. The previews were so loud that we left but left the girls to watch it. Teenagers. It was on the hob freebee channel so I recorded it and am finally getting around to watching it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not missed a first showing of any one of the trilogy or the hobbit :)
dont forget to set ya programs running b4 u go watch the hobbit...maybe ull get something nice when u get back home.....yes homme...u know and i know what we mean ...:eyes:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont forget to set ya programs running b4 u go watch the hobbit...maybe ull get something nice when u get back home.....yes homme...u know and i know what we mean ...:eyes:
You are a weird chick no offense :(
I always get a kick out of the infantile board mentality.
You disagree with someone elses views so you don't like them and then decide that they are bad people and must cheat lol.
I honestly feel bad for you darling.
Do you see cheaters everywhere you go?
Me, everyone who likes the new idoc rules, all pvpers, etc...
You have a never ending list it seems. It must be tough being you in a nasty old world full of bad people

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[ whatever floats ya boat honey]

the changes benefit 2 kinds of folks

1. the afk scripters that have set up a loop and are never there anyways...just reap the rewards when they get home

2. the casual idocer that would sit there for 12 hour anyways...because they cant be bothered to learn how to time falls

the changes dont benefit

3. the old school idocer that would simply time the fall to save wasting ''waiting time''at the end.....these folks wont simply sit around anymore giving the above more benefits than ever.....

thats ina nut shell.....choose ya camp

Last edited: