• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I remember Cyrus the Virus. First red I ever saw, and he scared the HELL out of me! I played Nemesis on Catskills and was a tamer/mage. A lot of people did NOT like me. I met someone named Hydrox, ended up going "perma" red and later my account was banned for reasons we won't talk about. I made a new Nemesis, but it was never the same, and I gave the account to my ex. I miss the guild 812 led by Scarface. He taught me how to PvP. I miss Frost (later found him on FB), Vampiress, Black Dot, Caliban, Ricin (oh he was a pita), Eric, Missy, Crackhead Bob, Hax-Soteva, Scarface, Synjin (I use that name often in new games I play) and I even miss Sira/Zendra (We HATED each other way back in the days of 1997-99). I miss Ultima Online. It was my first MMO and no other game since has compared to that experience.
I believe I know some of this names from Atlantic? and Siege. I do remember the names Scarface, Frost but there was more than one of that name, Crackhead, Synjin, I have also meet at least one re Nemesis.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who I miss are........Players
Are we ready to advertise this game yet.
Is EA TOO embarrassed about it's product to re-introduce it?

Reactions: THP

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many people - those who left the game and disappeared all together, those with whom I played and are still friends but it's so different now, those who I knew only on Stratics but never in game...

Rivendell, Shivall, Silk, hen, Jafar McFinnan and Julieanne, Kas and his friends, Joxer and Jolly Roger, NAZGUL, Piotr, Chris with his exquisite characters, rat, Leandra, Crazy Joe, Cynewulf... miss them all (and many others), each in his/her own way.

Nemesis CS

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I believe I know some of this names from Atlantic? and Siege. I do remember the names Scarface, Frost but there was more than one of that name, Crackhead, Synjin, I have also meet at least one re Nemesis.
I only played on Catskills as Nemesis, and all the people I named I knew from Catskills.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i miss the following from catskills

The C^P memeber
Elathiel of PGoH even tho i have know him in rl i still miss playing with him
the real Ballyn of PGoH
Dark Knight
sad to say pitr and
even Cutter

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss:

Gnileats, Greybeard, Brickmat, Gohan SSJ, Draco, Evil Ernie.

The Atlantic Brit Graveyard crew circa 1997-98.

The members of EIG (Evil is Good) guild.

All the pvpers, pks, thieves, monster gaters, scammers, campers, pre-casters, and most importantly the Anti-pks that played in dungeon deceit circa 1997-98. Ya'll made my UO the best game ever!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I miss the ones ya never get to play with again... *bows*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow..... this post is old.

Well I do have some things to add that I had mentioned way back a few years ago at the start of the post.

I don't miss Ms Pab anymore because..... YEAH!!!!!!!!! She's back!

But now that she's back.... I have to miss my friend Rascal. He and I did quite a bit together until sadly he got Cancer. Now I don't know if hes ok or not but I suspect not. I talked to him a few times since he had to quit do to his health... things got pretty bad and the last we talked he couldn't really communicate very well and was in the hospital he said for the last time.... so I can only suspect he's no longer with us which of course makes me very, very sad. So I pray everyday that he's still alive or doing fine... and I wish his family the best but I do miss him dearly. I still have a few statues of his characters which I'll treasure but I really miss the ole Rascal.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Sonoma back in the day there was a guild called Keepers of Balance, Dyvim Tvar and Tia ran the guild, we did it all champ spawns and peerless...a lot of good times.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
method man.. vlad .. JT.. Tommy boy... arch angel... dead man... and countless others that were a huge part of yew gate pvp and bucs fights.

on baja shard from before aos and years after.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my friends and family who played on AOL Legends and Atlantic with me back in the late 90s early 2000s.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too many to list.. seems like they all dying now.. even in RL.. But the thing I miss most of all as far as Ultima Online goes is the ABM crowd who actually got me to post in Stratics..

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chesapeake;
Disco, Amitlu, Claire, Cheeba, Crusader, Malcate, Strength, Gareth.. prob a ton more.

Other servers? Jesus, uh... Mo, Dothra, Solor, 3 guys that made for some of the most entertaining late night's on ventrilo you could imagine. Playing against Mani & Lego, a small stint playing with a bunch of Europeans, Navar, Mortharr, the lot of them. Jaster, picking his brain & bouncing crazy template ideas off of him.

Last edited:

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
Back on Catskills in 2000 it was Edwin drizzet me ( mal) and edie we were known as the Fab Four then one fell in love with a guildie and left his real wife drama started of course and we all eventually left the game but I finally came back but haven't heard from them guys ever since :( miss those times

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
Doz anyone remember ud of Catskills a lot fun in that guild we were awesome a lot of cackling and attacking

syndael

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh geeze, the best time of UO was a year pre AOS.
I had so much fun with my guild, I could remember spending all night with them laughing my butt off. ( that will go down as my best game play ever )
Even a month or so after AOS we had fun but then it was a pretty steep hill that everyone slid down and quit. :(

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My buddy Fistandantilus who got me into the game right after UO:R. We played both when SWG went into beta and he closed his UO account when SWG went live. I hung with UO until I just got absolutely fed up with AOS then I closed my UO account and moved to SWG full time. Once SOE shut down the SWG servers I couldn't find another game I liked so I came back with my tail between legs. I'm still learning about all of the changes that happened in my absence, but I'm glad I'm back. He has since moved on from MMORPGs and I wish him the best of luck.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My buddy Fistandantilus who got me into the game right after UO:R. We played both when SWG went into beta and he closed his UO account when SWG went live. I hung with UO until I just got absolutely fed up with AOS then I closed my UO account and moved to SWG full time. Once SOE shut down the SWG servers I couldn't find another game I liked so I came back with my tail between legs. I'm still learning about all of the changes that happened in my absence, but I'm glad I'm back. He has since moved on from MMORPGs and I wish him the best of luck.
You guys played GL right?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not on GL, we played on Pacific where I'm still playing. I actually have a house now where his tower used to be. I had a log cabin in Fel back in the day and he lucked into a tower in Tram. He made me co-owner and we shared it.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah. I use to know a Fistandantilus on GL way back when. It's a name I've not heard in a long time.

*sighs while in deep thought*

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But now that she's back.... I have to miss my friend Rascal. He and I did quite a bit together until sadly he got Cancer. Now I don't know if hes ok or not but I suspect not. I talked to him a few times since he had to quit do to his health... things got pretty bad and the last we talked he couldn't really communicate very well and was in the hospital he said for the last time.... so I can only suspect he's no longer with us which of course makes me very, very sad. So I pray everyday that he's still alive or doing fine... and I wish his family the best but I do miss him dearly. I still have a few statues of his characters which I'll treasure but I really miss the ole Rascal.
Since it sounds like he has passed away (though, obviously, I hope I'm wrong): not another cancer victim. So tired of hearing about people dying to it *sigh* (having had multiple relatives affected by it, most of which have passed away, it hits hard.)

As for the people from LS that I miss: Hmm. There are way too many to name, but I still talk to some, still play with some (who have also come back. Or never left), so it's not too bad for me in that regard. Even when I didn't play (about 99% of the time since my initial deactivation in 2005, until a few months ago) I still kept in touch with some people on ICQ through the years.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My old guildmates - the original PGoH members.

Borg
Ser Brightblade
Wolf
Martok
Mallock
Suin Loresdottar
Fing
Balthazaar
Greg
Koopsta
Vens Bluesword
Arthil
Balandar

The people in the guild currently are great, don't get me wrong. And sometimes, one or two of the older players hop on.. But the sense of community and companionship I had when these people were always around is something I sorely miss.

Oh.. And Richard Garriott and Starr Long. Don't give a damn what happened with TR - UO is was their world, and they knew how to make it breathe.
TRISTON, LORA DEBLOOD,LOGAN, ALL OF PGOH

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OH AND RIVI, KAATYA, DRU, DAK ZELDA BUNCH OF UDDERS TOO
ANNE NOMILY ALOT

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My old guildmates - the original PGoH members.

Borg
Ser Brightblade
Wolf
Martok
Mallock
Suin Loresdottar
Fing
Balthazaar
Greg
Koopsta
Vens Bluesword
Arthil
Balandar

The people in the guild currently are great, don't get me wrong. And sometimes, one or two of the older players hop on.. But the sense of community and companionship I had when these people were always around is something I sorely miss.

Oh.. And Richard Garriott and Starr Long. Don't give a damn what happened with TR - UO is was their world, and they knew how to make it breathe.
YOU MISSED RATTLEHEAD

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since it sounds like he has passed away (though, obviously, I hope I'm wrong): not another cancer victim. So tired of hearing about people dying to it *sigh* (having had multiple relatives affected by it, most of which have passed away, it hits hard.)

As for the people from LS that I miss: Hmm. There are way too many to name, but I still talk to some, still play with some (who have also come back. Or never left), so it's not too bad for me in that regard. Even when I didn't play (about 99% of the time since my initial deactivation in 2005, until a few months ago) I still kept in touch with some people on ICQ through the years.
More than likely he did but I don't know and can't find out. I sure hope not... but I just don't know... as far as losing folk go ..... I've already lost both my parents to cancer.... so trust me I know it too well and it breaks my heart to think I lost another person close to me to the disease. I miss him ever so much.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah. I use to know a Fistandantilus on GL way back when. It's a name I've not heard in a long time.

*sighs while in deep thought*
Fistandantilus, just like Raistlin, Drizzt.... the list goes on... are all relatively famous literary characters. There are dozens if not hundreds of those characters across the UO shards though the years. That's one of the reasons I get amused when people ask for a character name, someone speaks up, and they say 'no, the real one!'. Example being, I was in beta and one of my beta characters was named Raistlin. It amused me to no end people confronting me looking for the 'first' or 'original' Raistlin, claiming it's not me.

It's one of the reasons I wish UO had put in a unique name limitation.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing these threads always makes me wonder how many different people have played UO throughout the years...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's wikipedia, so keep that in mind-
Ultima Online was "The first MMORPG to reach the 100,000 subscriber base, far exceeding that of any game that went before it".[5] Since Ultima Online's prime in 2003, the overall subscriber base has seen a steady decline. Subscriber numbers peaked at around 250,000 in July 2003, and in 2008 sat around 100,000 subscribers.[6] As of April 2008, Ultima Onlineheld a market share below 0.6% of the massively multiplayer online game subscriptions.[7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the masses of old players that once and indeed still made this game Ultima Online the best MMORPG ever made to this day!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its hard to compare subscribers to the likes of newer online games............ as back in the day [ ie] year 1999/2000 not everyone had a computer, never mind a internet connection that was stable/fast...and gaming was very unfashionable!!!!were talking geeks in dark rooms that only talked about games in there geek game club!!!! . Since then in more recent times everyone as 2 laptops each/tablet and a mobile phone and every household in the entire world as the internet and gaming became very popular and very fashionable....hence the far higher subscription numbers of later games [end]

THP [Land Stalker General].

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
most of the people I would miss still play - lol

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The person I miss most is Lady Moonshadow, leader of the guild ^SL^ (The Shadow Legion) in pre-trammel days, it was one of the best and most fun guilds of the time on Atlantic. Sadly last time I heard from her was when she quit the game due to her cancer about 12 years ago....hopefully she recovered and is doing ok....but no one has heard from her since then which leads me to think she may have passed away. The guild is still alive with a new leader, although is very small.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The person I miss most is Lady Moonshadow, leader of the guild ^SL^ (The Shadow Legion) in pre-trammel days, it was one of the best and most fun guilds of the time on Atlantic. Sadly last time I heard from her was when she quit the game due to her cancer about 12 years ago....hopefully she recovered and is doing ok....but no one has heard from her since then which leads me to think she may have passed away. The guild is still alive with a new leader, although is very small.
And you and I are in the same boat wondering if a dear friend has passed on. We'll hope not and that all is well and they are spending their remaining days surrounded by family and friends happily enjoying life.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fistandantilus, just like Raistlin, Drizzt.... the list goes on... are all relatively famous literary characters. There are dozens if not hundreds of those characters across the UO shards though the years. That's one of the reasons I get amused when people ask for a character name, someone speaks up, and they say 'no, the real one!'. Example being, I was in beta and one of my beta characters was named Raistlin. It amused me to no end people confronting me looking for the 'first' or 'original' Raistlin, claiming it's not me.

It's one of the reasons I wish UO had put in a unique name limitation.
hahahaha. I know what you mean. I saw that last night: Friend/guildmate of mine was on a char name someone recognized, someone asked that, he said no, but he said he's used that char since '02.

To the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one who uses this name in UO, so whenever I run into players I used to run with/fight against, they'll start chatting right away. Plus I'm the only one who's ever had access to my account - if I ever deactivate it again (which, at this point, isn't likely, I'm having too much fun PvP'ing again), it's staying that way until I feel like coming back

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My linear Algebra Instructor from College!!

No LIE..... once upon a time when I started this game I was basically just going to college and having completed an exam early I started writing on the back of my test and it was my typical scribbles reguarding template skills and items for a UO PvP char

RED - MAGE

120 Mage
120 Med
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Wrestling
100 Scribe

etc... with appropriate Gear suggests.. and abbrviations like HoTM or ORNY etc.. on the paper.

Anyway I ended up scribbling away the rest of the test period on the back of my exam and eventually turned it in. The next week when when I got my exam back I was reasonably excited that I had done well on the test but then I flipped it over to see that the PROF had "Corrected" my Template scribbles on the back of the test as well...

He crossed out "RED - Mage" and wrote "Blue - Newbie" on the Wrestle Scribe Template and then added a NEW template replacing Wrestling and Scribe with NECRO / SS..... THIS template he titled "RED MAGE"...

LoL........ I cracked up at the beginning of the class & had everyone look at me and the PROF just smiled heh.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol....there must have been at least 10 raistlins on every shard...LOL...same as a lot of the other names form the dragon lance series etc etc ...ive noticed quite a lot of themed 'game of thrones ' names of late....people will always copy them...

Kaelyn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Necroooooo! Wow ... the memories :) I was searching for something from my old UO days and happened to come across this thread. Now I am super homesick for Great Lakes and all my companions there!! I spent a solid 5 years immersed in UO and a few more after that playing sporadically, unwilling to completely let go. I ran a place called the Museum of Memories and just hated to see it fall so kept my account active for many many years so it would remain standing. I've tried returning to UO quite a few times over the years but it's just never the same and those wonderful days of exploration and "living" in Britannia can't be recaptured.

I couldn't begin to list all the people I miss, but below are a few that will forever be in my heart and memories!

RedDevil
Loarak (who started the Museum and eventually left it to my care)
itaP
Fredolf/Bile (who I reconnected with in my current online guild, yay)
Edguardo
Jim Spellhurler
Johnny Utah
Kazola
BlackNight
Mondain
Redlowwinski (spelling?)
Lockhart

ALL the wonderful people who helped with and participated in events and treasure hunts and general goofing around :) Such good times.

Last edited:

AntiquarianNuja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On legends- Sephiroth and Morebeer. I still have a book Sephiroth gave to me locked down on my stairs. *tear*

Oh, And I cant forget an old LOk buddy Unvala...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Necroooooo! Wow ... the memories :) I was searching for something from my old UO days and happened to come across this thread. Now I am super homesick for Great Lakes and all my companions there!! I spent a solid 5 years immersed in UO and a few more after that playing sporadically, unwilling to completely let go. I ran a place called the Museum of Memories and just hated to see it fall so kept my account active for many many years so it would remain standing. I've tried returning to UO quite a few times over the years but it's just never the same and those wonderful days of exploration and "living" in Britannia can't be recaptured.

I couldn't begin to list all the people I miss, but below are a few that will forever be in my heart and memories!

RedDevil
Loarak (who started the Museum and eventually left it to my care)
itaP
Fredolf/Bile (who I reconnected with in my current online guild, yay)
Edguardo
Jim Spellhurler
Johnny Utah
Kazola
BlackNight
Mondain
Redlowwinski (spelling?)
Lockhart

ALL the wonderful people who helped with and participated in events and treasure hunts and general goofing around :) Such good times.
Redlowinski occasionally returns from time to time. Kazola last I heard was playing on Redlow's free server or something....

As for some of the others I don't recognize most those names save Edguardo... and I don't believe he's touched UO in a long while.

Is that Mondain or Mordain... because Mord quit a few years back.... probably been 5 or 6 years.

Kaelyn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It probably was Mordain now that you mention it ... been so long now I doubt most of my recollection lol, especially with spelling :) We used to have bad guy (him and his following!) v. good guy (the museum group) events and such. RedDevil ran one of the earlier auction houses on the shard which was up and running for a good long while, before Majestic Oaks became the main place. Jim Spellhurler was a museum staffer who also opened a separate branch in Malas. Loarak also played a character named Solomon Brood I believe. Johnny Utah ran a guild called The Regulators that was around in the early years.

I was lucky to be chosen as a Seer and had soooo much fun planning and executing events. No other MMO has allowed its players to participate at that level, actually being able to spawn mobs and items and play as a monster, etc. Good times :)

drizztdagrimm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this goes back to 1998 and many different servers. First off 98-2000 Europa shard. Rammstein, Zenox, Fuel, Einstein, Elusive Badger, Drizzt Do Grim and the rest of S^J, Eric II, countless 6i6 people I met. 2001 Lake Superior. CONAN and his wife and a few others I was on there briefly as Drizzt Da Grimm. 2001-2003 Lake Austin Lady Aura and her guild we fought and had much fun, Gimpy Mcownage, Roxxor Mcownage whom later became Astaroth and Gorath, Austin, Geforce, In Flames, Juxtin, Kandi, dbo, pug, Trinox, Carnage, Walking Johnson, Courage, and many from the guild JAM I can't remember. 2003-2006 Years with Courage in SW@T on chessy and catskills. Too many to list! 2008-present Origin server from BTH to XMG and everything in between! My character names over the years....Allanon, Gandalf the Grey, Drizzt Do Grim, Kalen, Kalen II, DaleEarnhardtjr, Roger Rabbit, Rammstein, Rammstein X, The Champion, Stenchy Poose and countless others. Any old friends or enemies feel free to look me up! Icq 57740072 Always looking for people to rejoin uo and play with us on Origin.