• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who Are You?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Let us know who you are. We just might bump into you. :)

Fallon Valor - norn ranger
Magnus Darragh - charr necromancer
Syyrus - human warrior
Di Long - asura elementalist

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tohr Malen - Guardian

Rurak Gistere - Warrior

Thats it so far. Syrus you are a profession junkie already. lol

Should I tell everybody your reaction in the game when I said lats night you could buy extra character slots? lol

He was excited people. lol

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Slow poke. Warrior hit 15 today and ranger 12. Haven't worked the others much yet, but I'm already eyeing spots for my engineer and thief. :D

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am focusing on my warrior atm. Lvl 19 almost 20 and I finally moved from the first area. I have done a little WvW atm but 39 confirmed kills :p that was about 3 hours of playing in WvWvW.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hit 16 on my ranger yesterday. Trying to decide to continue with ranger or warrior, or start on one of my younger ones. Decisions, decisions. :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. I know I want to work on my guardian but I am having so much fun with the warrior atm. Level 24 right now and I still get my butt whipped from time to time with ganks from mobs.

Did some more WvW also with him up to 78 kills and that was about an hour and a half of playing in it.

Neves

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oconlon - Level 25 Engineer. I was up till 6 AM last night playing WvW for JQ and am now convinced that I will be playing this game for a long, long time.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
19 ranger, 16 warrior. Think I'll work on my elementalist tonight. :D

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Fallon Valor - norn ranger
Magnus Darragh - charr necromancer
Syyrus - human warrior
Di Long - asura elementalist
Locke Smyth - human thief
Janus of Maw - norn guardian

Well, things are shaping up very differently than I anticipated. I thought that the necromancer would be my favorite character, but I have actually found him pretty frustrating. The problem with him is simple: necro weapon skills just aren't very cohesive. There are certain weapon combinations available to other characters that just make sense. For example, human with a rifle: weaken > cripple > barrage of shots > evade > repeat. The necro weapon skills, conversely, do not seem to flow as well. He could be really good, if not for that.

I've also found the elementalist and guardian a bit irritating. The former doesn't seem to have the same survivability as my other characters. Seems mostly ideal for group fights, given the many targeted and AOE spells. The latter is tough as nails, but there's a problem with range. It feels very limiting to have no ranged weapon. It's unbelievably frustrating to get an enemy down to the last hit, then watch them flee and not be able to catch/kill them.

My favorite is definitely my thief. He's just perfect in every way: probably the most survivable, amazing weapon skill diversity, and shadow-stepping is just friggen cool. Even his aquatic weapon skills are awesome. The ranger is fun, too, but it is very different from tamers in UO. Pets are not tanks. They take a bit of heat and deal extra damage, but when they die (they die a lot), rangers can still be very effective on their own. I like them. Also, my human warrior is really awesome. Great skill combos and story lines.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I deleted my norn guardian and made a human guardian. I really wanted to try the nobility storyline, but the streetrat fit my thief and the farmboy fit my warrior. Also, of all of the various races areas, the human area is my favorite (most majestic).

Proto Foe

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Juan Pinnique - Asura Guardian - 36

Unholy Moly - Human Necro - 4

Just had my first Dungeon experience.

Hard. As. Nails.

Yet still, I want more! Reminds me of very earlier Vanilla WoW days, and TBC heroics, before the round of nerfs. Wish I could play with you guys! :'(

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I heard from a co-worker that the first dungeon's a lot harder, and less rewarding, than the level 40 dungeon.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The elemenatalist is a blast. You find out real quick you have to move around alot with the magical classes. In the betas my little asura elementalist rocked. I just made a noobie one today.

The guardian I like. You just got to get used to be a more modern paladin. Some of the wep skills I dont care for but others I do.

Warrior is just a rolling. The ony bad thing that he can use so many weps and you can only switch between two sets. Wish they gace an option to use at least 3 sets. I do love ranged attacks with him though.

I had a thief on my warrior the other day in WvWvW and he rocked me almost to death but since he was a squishy I took him out but gah the mass damage he did to me I was like omfg. lol

Story lines are cool. I am definetly enjoying those.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
After I deleted my norn guardian and made a human guardian, I suddenly liked it a lot better. For those fleeing enemies, you've got to use either the leap or pull weapon skills. I like him in a tanky kind of way now.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find myself preferring certain weapons than others because of the skills that come with them.

Two handed sword I definetly enjoy :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Two-handed sword on the guardian is just beastly. That's my favorite for him. Plus, it has a Leap of Faith and Binding Blade, which help with the lack of range.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try playing a warrior and being used to jumping into the frey and then change to my new elementalist and forget that I have to play him differently lol. Even though I can tank with him he takes way way much more damage because of his armor :p Luckily I can kite around my enemies.