• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who are you and What do you play?

X

XCodes

I'm doing a research paper for my college Statistics class. I'm looking to find out who plays what games. So for now through the rest of October I ask that you all reply to this thread with the following information.

1) Your Gender
2) Your Age
3) All online games you have played or spent money on in the last month.
4) For each online game from #3, the primary reason you play that game picked from the options below:
- Online Community (your online friends play the game)
- RL Friends (your RL friends play the game)
- PvE Mechanics (you like specifically the questing/hunting/leveling/whatever system)
- PvP Mechanics (you like the PvP in the game)
- Other

Thanks in advance for your help, and please get your friends to submit their answers as well! If you don't want to post this information on a public forum for any reason, feel free to send me a PM instead and it will be kept confidential. I'll be looking to collect information on this project well into November.

B

Bunkermonkey

1) Gender : M
2) Age : 33
3) All online games you have played or spent money on in the last month.

- DDO
as a previous subscriber I am able to download content for free and have extended access to this now Free to play game.

I have online friends and RL friends that play this game

PVP leaves some to be desired but I find the combat system in DDO is second to none.

-COD MW2
the newest and latest incarnation of an excellent fps series.

I have online and RL friends that play this game.

PVE campaign was the best fps campaign I can remember playing

PVP is the whole reason to buy this game .. it is unbelievably smooth and character progression is excellent. Game types seem varied and allow for a good change of pace.

Thats the last month.. if you go to 6 months this list would be a ton longer..

Bunker

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game: Ultima Online
Why do I play: I have tried other MMO's and can't find one that has the unique feel UO has when it comes to customization. In other MMO's I felt locked down by class structures. Only in UO can I have a totally unique template which reflects my favorite play styles. The community of UO players is also another big reason. I have met a lot of great people playing. Other MMO communities never gave me the feeling like I belonged. UO has been the only MMO I have stuck with for any length of time. My main game account has 6 years paid game time so far on it. Unless they shut down the game tomorrow I'm sure it will have plenty more to come.

H

Hyliandescent

1) Male
2) 20
3) WoW, Gunbound, Diablo2
4)
WoW - PvP Mechanics (you like the PvP in the game)

Gunbound - PvP Mechanics (you like the PvP in the game)

Diablo2 - PvE Mechanics (you like specifically the questing/hunting/leveling/whatever system)

Z

zombiember

Hi friends,

I am Zombiember I am new to the Forum so thought I should say hello!This forums looks like its full of good info, I'll be visiting here often.Nice place to study and related topic discussion.

Nd I am playing "Roller Coaster Tycoon 2".

C

CaptRex

My name is Cryotek in any games.. I got very deep pocket!

That's all.. No money, no game! That's my own point of view :pint:

00saturday00

okay, this is an interesting topic. ^^

online games played: right now, this are the games Im interested with:
Cabal - i love the bg sound, the characters and quest. XD
CTRacing - like this one, its an online car racing game just like the "Initial D" anime
Audition Dance Battle - just to try a different game..^^,i like dressing the character in here.

A

Ally Oop

I hope Im not to late for this

Im Female
Age Im 65
Ive been playing UO for well the acct age is 140 months now. I love the people there and I have met a lot of them. Sad to say some are no longer with us. This is the only game I have played like this and I love the interaction with other people.
My daughter got me hooked on the game but she no longer plays.

A

Argoas

1) Female
2) Age: 23
3) Ultima Online
4) it's a sandbox mmorpg.

You are wellcome