• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Wyrm Slots

Adrahil

Adventurer
Hello All! My original tamer was lost in the void when I reopened the account after a 12+ years break. I rolled a new tamer and headed to my favorite pet, the White Wyrm. I have tamed 3 now and all I get is 4 slot, is there 3 slot Wyrms out there?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning, Adrahil, Unlike normal dragons which only come in 3 slot if they are pre pub 97, you can indeed get 3 slot ww.. sadly they will be much weaker then the 3 slot pre pub ones... but just keep at It and it will pay off.. =^-^=

Adrahil

Adventurer
Good morning, Adrahil, Unlike normal dragons which only come in 3 slot if they are pre pub 97, you can indeed get 3 slot ww.. sadly they will be much weaker then the 3 slot pre pub ones... but just keep at It and it will pay off.. =^-^=
Thanks Donavon, I will keep at it!

Adrahil

Adventurer
Thank you Donavon and Khaelor, the very next WW I found was 398 str and sure enough 3 slots! Thank you both again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are in Ice Dungeon where they have a nest. They spawn in different shades.

I decided to check them out.

Got this 3 slot one just now.

upload_2017-10-21_23-33-7.png

I found a 4 slot with 450HP and 759 STR

Thats a 690 point difference at level 5. You sacrifice the 759 Str.

Ill train this one up next week and see how it goes.

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are in Ice Dungeon where they have a nest. They spawn in different shades.

I decided to check them out.

Got this 3 slot one just now.

View attachment 73338

I found a 4 slot with 450HP and 759 STR

Thats a 690 point difference at level 5. You sacrifice the 759 Str.

Ill train this one up next week and see how it goes.
So, how did it go? :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trained it up to 5 slot. Then I noticed it was the same set up as a Cold Drake. The Cold Drake has >100 stats to start with. I have a really nice one of those.

Someone walked by the stable and announced they wanted a White Wyrm so I gave it to them. I left it at 5 slots with 1501 points to spend.

It was easy to train. No reason for people to not try one. Wait till the last round to put scrolls on if you deem it worthy. It has enough points to make it a good pet.

I prefer the smaller profile Cold Drake.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just looked at a returning players stable. He had a >500 str 2 slot Nightmare.

He also had a 3 slot White Wyrm with 425 HP and 729 Strength.

Any returning player should have their stable looked at by someone that knows what the pets look like now.

Jacks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just looked at a returning players stable. He had a >500 str 2 slot Nightmare.

Any returning player should have their stable looked at by someone that knows what the pets look like now.
Are you by any chance on Europa? ;)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

And any returning player should not touch those pets until they have trained various other pets. I have not seen one legacy wyrm/nightmare who hasn't been mangled. ... but then most tamers mangle their other pets also....

What would I consider mangling? Not maxing stream/dex, picking hpr or stam regen and having no mana Regen. Not maxing base damage. picking a magical ability before specials.

If people still have white wyrms in their stables they might have an emotional attachment to them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would I consider mangling? Not maxing stream/dex, picking hpr or stam regen and having no mana Regen. Not maxing base damage. picking a magical ability before specials.
Agree on all those. I see pets that you think, Why did they do that, but not that?"

If people still have white wyrms in their stables they might have an emotional attachment to them.
This guy came back from before Greater Dragons. His suit had about 40 in each resist.

He mentioned being attached to the WW and Nightmare. He has 2 dragons. I told him to save those for later. (meaning: dont toss them until your stable is full of good stuff).

A Hiryu or a Cu Sidhe would be good practice pets. Grab a blue one and have at it. They would learn what order to add things in and they train easily. If they mess up then they can find a new one and try again. After they are done you can go show them they can kill a Paragon Balron, no matter what they added.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agree on all those. I see pets that you think, Why did they do that, but not that?"

This guy came back from before Greater Dragons. His suit had about 40 in each resist.

He mentioned being attached to the WW and Nightmare. He has 2 dragons. I told him to save those for later. (meaning: dont toss them until your stable is full of good stuff)..
I weep and baby hellcats cry every time Someone mangles a beautiful legacy wyrm/nightmare/etc.

The one upside, yeah, they are still usable animals... but they can't be replaced and they just aren't as good as a properly trained pet. It still makes me very very sad.

As for the dragons, unfortunately they are very buggy with training. Still hoping I can get bleaks attention to look at them so old friends don't get mangled by the pet exploit code.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another returning player showed a WW. 3 slot had 749 STR.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am a returning player. My WW was a 3 slot with 754 str and 420 mana. I trained him to 4 slot and added all my points into resists then stats. Now I'm at 100% training progress for 5 slot. I have not touched him because I realized I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Or if I have messed him up by bumping his stats and resists already.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am a returning player. My WW was a 3 slot with 754 str and 420 mana. I trained him to 4 slot and added all my points into resists then stats. Now I'm at 100% training progress for 5 slot. I have not touched him because I realized I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Or if I have messed him up by bumping his stats and resists already.

I think you are chesapeake, can ask for me in general chat and someone from our guild can look at your white wyrm for you.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes I'm on Chesapeake. I appreciate the offer very much. I have an old 2 slot Nightmare as well. Once I figure out how to use general chat I'll do that lol.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I have a legacy nightmare, unicorn (eats meat), WW, and dragon. Not bragging, just stating the fact. I hope to be the first one not to mangle them. Hope you guys will guide me when the time is right. Just messing around with a current Unicorn for now.

McKinneley

Visitor
Maybe a dumb question, but what is the benfit of taming a 3-slot dragon over a 4-slot dragon, if both of them end up as a 5-slot after training?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe a dumb question, but what is the benfit of taming a 3-slot dragon over a 4-slot dragon, if both of them end up as a 5-slot after training?
Every round of training gives you 1500 points to spend. So a 3 slot one will have a total 3000 to spend vs 1500 for a 4 slotter.

McKinneley

Visitor
Every round of training gives you 1500 points to spend. So a 3 slot one will have a total 3000 to spend vs 1500 for a 4 slotter.
So it's overall power level will be lower? A 4-slot dragon isn't stronger than a 3-slot naturally, so having less training points will put it at a disadvantage? Sorry, haven't played the game in almost 15 years and all of this is new to me, and I only understood part of the FAQ.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it's overall power level will be lower? A 4-slot dragon isn't stronger than a 3-slot naturally, so having less training points will put it at a disadvantage? Sorry, haven't played the game in almost 15 years and all of this is new to me, and I only understood part of the FAQ.
Level is not an accurate term to use here. The points allow you to buy abilities and boost stats. So you will be able to buy twice as much on a 3 slot. Now, a 4 slot is generally stronger than a 3 slot, but that difference is more than offset by extra 1500 points.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still haven't touched any of my legacy pets on Napa with Pet Training. A few weeks prior to the Pet Revamp going live, i farmed up WWs on Atlantic until i had gotten one with 760 STR, and 80 Cold Resist. He's also pure White. After the Pet Revamp hit, he was 3 slots. I've trained him up pretty well. Earlier i took him into Wrong, and he performed 5 AIs in a row on some poor Lizardman.
WW 1.PNG WW 2.PNG WW 3.PNG WW 4.PNG WW 5.PNG WW 6.PNG WW 7.PNG WW 8.PNG WW 9.PNG WW 11.PNG

He still has enough TP left to 120 all his skills (besides Magery). Although, i am wondering if i should have replaced his Magery with Chivalry, to really capitalize on his melee damage with that STR.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He still has enough TP left to 120 all his skills (besides Magery). Although, i am wondering if i should have replaced his Magery with Chivalry, to really capitalize on his melee damage with that STR.
Have both, and yes. I am of the opinion to best use the legacy ww and dragons they need chiv. I've tested many spec's on overcapped str pets, Chiv/AI always beats out everything else, even when factoring things like low resists. And the difference is quite substantial.

We save a lot of damage logs for parsing. The 1.8 damage multipler of EoO at 120 chiv is just too good.

McKinneley

Visitor
Level is not an accurate term to use here. The points allow you to buy abilities and boost stats. So you will be able to buy twice as much on a 3 slot. Now, a 4 slot is generally stronger than a 3 slot, but that difference is more than offset by extra 1500 points.
Thank you, I believe that makes sense to me. I think that taming a few dragons and training them up some will help clear things up for me. Will be able to do that soon.