• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

white pearl

R

rockytriton

So I was fishing for about 4 hours last night and got 3 white pearl. What's the deal? I've seen people seeling 300 white pearl at a time, there has to be some trick to fishing them up. I am a GM fisher. Do I need luck? Do I need to fish in a different area. I pull up sea monsters all the time so I know I'm in the deep sea. Are some areas better than others?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 per hour isnt bad

just takes time.

:stir: 300 a shot i would say is a scrirter or duper.

Just adding at my house I have just over 200 in a pile thats about 4 years worth or fishing at GM. I have used about 200 selling them or making stuff so about 100 per year I would say.

L

Lord Drakelord

I'm lucky to see three or four in a day. Also GM fisher.

J

Jermosh

You can get them with SA quests, although with Navery boost, tomes are harder to get.

I

imperterritus

To get the pearls, do you need a boat, or can you safely fish for them from a pier? Asking because I'm considering adding Fishing to a craftsman template (who just turned over Mining to a fighter who will be able use the gargoyle pickaxes). His goal template is:

120: Blacksmith, Tailoring
100: Tinkering, Arms Lore
100: Alchemy
80: Magery

That leaves 100 points for something, I just don't know what yet. Other characters have mining, logging, bowcraft, carpentry, poisoning, inscription, and cooking covered. In addition to pier fishing for white pearls, I have another question. What would you guys do with the extra 100 points?

As I type this, I'm realizing it's probably a lousy template for a fisherman, with virtually no defenses while training out in a boat. Sigh. Have to make a separate fisherman/treasure hunter.

L

Lord Drakelord

To get the pearls, do you need a boat, or can you safely fish for them from a pier? Asking because I'm considering adding Fishing to a craftsman template (who just turned over Mining to a fighter who will be able use the gargoyle pickaxes). His goal template is:

120: Blacksmith, Tailoring
100: Tinkering, Arms Lore
100: Alchemy
80: Magery

That leaves 100 points for something, I just don't know what yet. Other characters have mining, logging, bowcraft, carpentry, poisoning, inscription, and cooking covered. In addition to pier fishing for white pearls, I have another question. What would you guys do with the extra 100 points?

As I type this, I'm realizing it's probably a lousy template for a fisherman, with virtually no defenses while training out in a boat. Sigh. Have to make a separate fisherman/treasure hunter.
I suggest you do as you said above, of course you could use summons to protect you on the boat, a fire ele does wonders against lone serpents or water ele's that try to board your craft. As far as I know you have to be in deep water to fish up pearls, I did suggest when pearls first came out that we be allow to fine some while digging sand on the beaches of islands, sadly that did not come about in our world, maybe someday they feel our needs and give in to that idea. Till then keep your fishing pole near and watch over your back when you reeling in those big ones. ;)

C

Conrad99

I have noticed since SA came out that the pearls have slowed down a little.

Maybe when they added the code for the delicate scales drop you get a chance for a delicate scale or a white pearl. I normally get about the same amount when fishing for a couple of hours, 1 maybe two of each.

I don't know anything about that stuff just a thought???

L

Lord Drakelord

I have noticed since SA came out that the pearls have slowed down a little.

Maybe when they added the code for the delicate scales drop you get a chance for a delicate scale or a white pearl. I normally get about the same amount when fishing for a couple of hours, 1 maybe two of each.

I don't know anything about that stuff just a thought???
I rather have a pearl then a delicate scale, not into that imbuing much these days, made a gargolye on day one of the exp with 50% already on it, got to 57% and saw that it was going to cost a bloody fortune so I stop training and just stock pile stuff I get in the abyss and elsewhere, someday I may get back to training it but for now I rather fish or dig up t chests. At least with the pearls can make pendants.

C

Conrad99

I agree with you. Delicate Scales are only for UBWS which is almost useless because most warriors use weapons for their trained skill.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's right. The only weapon I would ever think of imbuing UBWS onto, would be a 100% poison dagger for golem training.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looting has changed with imbuing. Before a med part with 18LRC/1mana regn/mana inc or luck would be a catch for enhancing. Now looting has become what has the hard to obtain resourses. Now a weapon with 30SSI UBWS Water Eli Slayer has a spot on looting. The slayer gets overwritten and still 2 mods to fit. With DI sucking up a mod looted items have place, more so with archers quiver DI.