• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] White Daemon Bone "Malas" items

• Thread starter Nightly Spirit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nightly Spirit

Ok, I have seen a few of these armor pieces floating around on dif shards. I am curious if Manti's list just isnt upto date or if these items are actually a HTML item. The people I have spoken with claim it to be from a Formosa event. I have enclosed a pic of someone wearing one of the armor pieces. Any info would be great. Thanks

Attachments

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
***UPDATE***

There is a certain someone selling some white demon bone armor pieces engraved with green html. The word "Malas" is engraved on them and they are claiming that the item is a Formosa event item. This is untrue, the item may not be an exploit or a bug or even illegal, but it isn't an event item nor is it rare, purchase at your own risk.

I think its safe to assume that steering clear of any engraved items, html or otherwise, may be a good policy to stick with currently until it is established what items can be created and those that cannot.
Issue has already been addressed :)

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I have seen a few of these armor pieces floating around on dif shards. I am curious if Manti's list just isnt upto date or if these items are actually a HTML item. The people I have spoken with claim it to be from a Formosa event. I have enclosed a pic of someone wearing one of the armor pieces. Any info would be great. Thanks
I have received a lot of questions regarding these items and others like it. I messaged Mesanna a day or so ago. Hopefully her response will put this to rest.

Mesanna said:
Athelas said:
Hi Mesanna, I know you are insanely busy and all so I'll make this quick. We're getting bombarded with questions regarding the engraved/html items on the rares forum. Is there anyway you could tell me something I could quote, something along the lines of "No EM will ever use Html coding/engraving for an event item?"

Thanks

-Ath
Hello Athelas,

This is not anything a EM has done or will do in the future. This will be fixed very soon and should not be purchased, or considered a rare.

Mesanna
There you go :)

N

Nightly Spirit

Thank You! I was so close to buying this item but it just had red flags all over it. Happy I asked first :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Yep there is a vendor on Pacific with two sets...I will see if I can get the home owner to do something about it

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
ok thanks I will ping them as well

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep. I sold a piece before we knew anything about it. I bought it on pac and resold the piece on atl. I'm still not fully convinced this is what athelas says it is. The event item list is notoriously inaccurate.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Athelas didn't addres the malas armor at all. maybe that's the lawyer in me but that's a glaring omission. Mesanna addressed what we concretely know are html items.

We knew they would fix html, they always fix it when html bleeds into uo and they let us keep items, thus the html items and museums with them.

I merely question the grounds, of how we know the malas is html. it's not long text, none of the html exhibits the lack of properties. I ask because I'm quite skeptical of blanket claims like Athelas'. It seems like this would be a lucrative item to make a decent investment in, of course if Athelas has some other insider info that is authoritative or persuasive, that would be quite another thing indeed.

Also, Who sold lots of either item on atl? the vendors on the southwest corner are mine. I sold a single item, despite your claim that I sold or possessed pieceS of the malas item.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Athelas didn't addres the malas armor at all. maybe that's the lawyer in me but that's a glaring omission. Mesanna addressed what we concretely know are html items.

We knew they would fix html, they always fix it when html bleeds into uo and they let us keep items, thus the html items and museums with them.

I merely question the grounds, of how we know the malas is html. it's not long text, none of the html exhibits the lack of properties. I ask because I'm quite skeptical of blanket claims like Athelas'. It seems like this would be a lucrative item to make a decent investment in, of course if Athelas has some other insider info that is authoritative or persuasive, that would be quite another thing indeed.

Also, Who sold lots of either item on atl? the vendors on the southwest corner are mine. I sold a single item, despite your claim that I sold or possessed pieceS of the malas item.
Insider info? This particular item was the main focus of my question to Mesanna. Perhaps the lawyer in you should pm her yourself, I think you'll find the answer exactly the same.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its very obvious that the bone helmet has html on it. And yes, some HTML can hide the item properties, like on runebooks.

Now, about what mesanna said:

This is not anything a EM has done or will do in the future. This will be fixed very soon and should not be purchased, or considered a rare.
I remember a box with a sash and a book from Drachenfels on the last Chessy fest on a few vendors and on the silent auction as well. One of the items inside the box had html on it, the text was something like "greeting from drachenfels" or something like that and the font type was different than normal texts. Soooo.. at least one EM have used html on a item recently.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally Posted by Athelas
Hi Mesanna, I know you are insanely busy and all so I'll make this quick. We're getting bombarded with questions regarding the engraved/html items on the rares forum. Is there anyway you could tell me something I could quote, something along the lines of "No EM will ever use Html coding/engraving for an event item?"

Thanks

-Ath
Nothing about the malas items in question here. You address html items. And it's good that you did but the only statement that those are a form of html item has been from you. You may have intended to ask about those but there is no way we or mesanna could have inferred you meant the malas items based on what you said.

As for mesanna's answer. Seers in the past DID use the html, the drachenfels EM is believed to have used it, and GMs have been seen WEARING html stuff.

Is it a lot that as a community we ask for specificity when people come to this forum and make broad claims? I'm not saying you're wrong, I merely ask what you can base your statements on.

Asking someone for a citation or the analysis that led you to your conclusion should not draw the angry response you provided. I don't think this is too much to ask. I'd hate to log in one day next week and see you have like 10 suits of an event item that you told us was fake until suddenly there was proof stating the other way. It really wouldn't be the first time people came on this forum and made misleading claims that we've had to find out were false later on.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its very obvious that the bone helmet has html on it. And yes, some HTML can hide the item properties, like on runebooks.
Are they hidden or do they have none? I've seen folks say both about these malas items we keep seeing.

I remember a box with a sash and a book from Drachenfels on the last Chessy fest on a few vendors and on the silent auction as well. One of the items inside the box had html on it, the text was something like "greeting from drachenfels" or something like that and the font type was different than normal texts. Soooo.. at least one EM have used html on a item recently.
Indeed, seers used to produce items with html on them, as did the original EMs and companions during earlier html item bugs. the house sign of a companion house on pacific was html for years.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing about the malas items in question here. You address html items. And it's good that you did but the only statement that those are a form of html item has been from you. You may have intended to ask about those but there is no way we or mesanna could have inferred you meant the malas items based on what you said.

As for mesanna's answer. Seers in the past DID use the html, the drachenfels EM is believed to have used it, and GMs have been seen WEARING html stuff.

Is it a lot that as a community we ask for specificity when people come to this forum and make broad claims? I'm not saying you're wrong, I merely ask what you can base your statements on.

Asking someone for a citation or the analysis that led you to your conclusion should not draw the angry response you provided. I don't think this is too much to ask. I'd hate to log in one day next week and see you have like 10 suits of an event item that you told us was fake until suddenly there was proof stating the other way. It really wouldn't be the first time people came on this forum and made misleading claims that we've had to find out were false later on.
Haha no one is angry, I just don't think there is really anything I can say to you that you will believe. Once again I suggest you pm her yourself, then you can come back and regale us all with her reply.

S

shulginist

Not that anyone thought this was real rare or anything but they were fixed today. Now just says #blablabla under daemon bone armor.

S

shulginist

Oh well I am wrong at least twice before breakfast every day.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
edit yeah noticed it got fixed..

havent seen any of the other armor yet,