• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whirlwind and animated dead

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Started noticing down in Doom that animated dead helping out the LL or Devourer you're fighting are not affected by whirlwind attacks. Is there a reason for it or is this a bug of some sort?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
its b.s.is what it is..

WW hits revs with no issue

I didn't say revenants. I said animated dead. Thanks for trying.

Anyone (who knows the difference) else seeing this?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its b.s. is what it is....

NEXT LINE...

WW works on revs. (as it should on animated dead)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, we agree with the OP. It appears to be a bug with whirlwind.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it's WW, unless someone can remember a time that it did work. The animate dead summons have always been a bit strange with thier flagging/rights. Since they aren't a controllable summon, it's possible that WW doesn't regard them as hostile.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Momentum Strike doesn't work on them either, so I changed target to the Animated Dead (not summoned Rev) and use MS to get a harder hit on the LL or Dev and cast Dispel Evil to get rid of the Rev

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's WW, unless someone can remember a time that it did work. The animate dead summons have always been a bit strange with thier flagging/rights. Since they aren't a controllable summon, it's possible that WW doesn't regard them as hostile.
You're most likely right. This correlates with why EVs and RCs don't target them.