• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

While The Shard is Down

What type of Events would you like to see?

• Invasion of some kind

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • PvP Ladder events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Massive Mobs in a small enclosed space

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Role Play Events

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Mental event (puzzles, riddles)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Competitions Fishing/darts/race

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EM Nestor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps some constructive posts about what type of events the Atlantic community would like to see in the future?

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted for mental events (puzzles and riddles). I like the idea of mixing things up a bit. Hacking and Slashing is fun, but a little mental challenge would be a nice change of pace :)

P

Phineas le Monge

The orc invasion of Cove was fun years ago

The invasion of Britain was nice too with all the generals and such

Why not a pirate/brigand invasion of an oceanside city

Frenzied solen attack!

Void invasion of ter mur

Peerless boss invasion of Britain! All the peerless totally destroying the city WOOT!

P

Phineas le Monge

perhaps overseers and minions and golems running amuck -

or a nice head hunting expedition - bring back bounties!

and...maybe a puzzle...something simple like Canada puts on baseball cards...

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was hard to pick just one. So many factors to consider. Some type of long-term invasion event would be nice, though, if it is within abilities. Something that sticks and is available for a period of time, a day or two, or a few days per part of the arc.

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I'd like to see a PvP tournament with supplied armor and weapons to help lower the gear gap. I know this would be a bit more difficult to do but providing a choice between say, 5 different rings, 5 different bracelets, etc. for every gear slot and let those who take part choose their suit from that.

I know this is less of an issue now that imbuing is here but with some of the insane templates available now it may balance things a bit more.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I voted for mental events (puzzles and riddles). I like the idea of mixing things up a bit. Hacking and Slashing is fun, but a little mental challenge would be a nice change of pace :)
Agreed, one of the things I like best about Inu the Crone deal was trying to figure out the anagrams, locations and then battling whatever uber critter they would throw at us. It was a great combination of different aspects. Although, things like that may be a pain in the arse for the EM's to work out.

MollyAtlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think any one or many of these events would be great as long as they are wrapped around roleplay. I think that adds spice to the events. Then roleplayers can participate and still remain in character and don't have to join in the fun on alternate characters. It can spark other roleplays within the community. Take a look at some history. If you look at the Nostr'yl Quest in the early days they incompassed the roleplay community both good and evil to help with their activities and none of them were limited to roleplayers but used roleplayers to build the story line. It was a lot of fun for all.

Some suggestions for your list of ideas:

As always with me ROLEPLAY!

Invasion of some kind (please temper it to allow us roleplayers and newbees to survive once in a while, cuts down on frustration and fear)

PvP Ladder events (we have many roleplayers that do work on levels and they would enjoy something like this)

Massive Mobs in a small enclosed space (that can be real playing field evener)

Mental event (puzzles, riddles) (Awesome, build something into an event that everyone, young and old can figure out)

Competitions Fishing/darts/race (fantastic idea that can include newbees as well as old hands)

That's my 2 cents!

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Y'all remember the candle of love quest? I personally believe that was one of the most fun events that I have ever had an opportunity to do. It offered hacking and slashing and more. I would really enjoy events on those lines. The reward was unique and what made it even more special was you had to participate to get the candle, it wasn't given to us on a silver platter!

C

Cherry Delite

While all of the events listed are great fun, as a simple crafter, is it possible to have an event that does NOT require hacking and slashing?