• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

which skill raises strength?

• Thread starter Cantabrigian British
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Cantabrigian British

What is the best skill to quickly raise strength?

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I used to juggle wrestling and pickpocket dip at max skill cap, back in the old days to get both dex and str.

But now I just parry train get 100 parry and let the unarmed female fighters keep hitting me in 15 minutes I'll have 100 str and 100 dex.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Arms lore is a good one for this. I also use melee skills on sheep/goats in Delucia (e.g., wrestling, swords, macing).

V

Victoria Navarre

Mining and lumberjacking. You raise strength and gather resources at the same time.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to go with Arm's Lore. If anyone knows better, post it!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when working stats I use mining for strength, music for dex and spirit speak for int.

Here's a chart (lower part of the page) that will tell you what stat each skill checks.

I don't know what method you use, but here's what I do:

I buy up as much skill as I can until I hit my cap. I make sure I leave the skills I plan to use (mining, music or spirit speak) at zero. Once I have bought skills so I'm maxed, I turn all my skill locks up so I have the potential to gain in all skills, and lock the stats I'm not trying to modify. I then start mining, playing music or talking to the dead (depending on what stat I want to change). When you are at 0 in a skill you are guaranteed to gain on an attempt at using the skill. With the possibility of a skill gain you also get a chance to gain in that skill's associated stat.

What this means is you will get more skill and stat checks, and will be more apt to get a stat gain than if your skill was higher than 0.

Once I have my stats where I want them I lock them, lower all my skill locks (except for the points I want to keep) and soulstone off and delete all the unnecessary skill points, clearing my template of the skills I don't want.

I've been doing stats this way for years, works like a charm every time.