• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which should we have registered EALand or TSO

G

I was booted out of EALand and when I went to return I got the message that a lot seem to be getting, "City EALand is currently admitting paying customers only".
I decided to look at my account info to make sure everything was up to date and noticed something new in there.
There is both an EALand and seperate The Sims Online registration.
I show as being registered for TSO, but unregistered and unpaid for EALand.
What do we do here guys, do we cancel our subscription to TSO and register to EALand, register to both or just leave it as is. And if we do register to both are we up for 2 subscription fees?.
Maybe this is in a thread somewhere, who knows. Personally I think an email was due here to explain what to do.

I

imported_queenme

at the very least an immediate reply from someone who has the correct information would be appreciated
how is it that I have a paid account and am suddenly booted out and can no longer play?
an explanation would be terrific

G

This question has been brought up a few times since the EAL option was added to the billing page. Your current TSO subscription will cover EAL also, but there's an intermittent bug right now that is not letting some players play in EAL thinking they are free subscribers when they are paid. It's hard for them to pinpoint and fix the bug because it's only happening every now and again now, instead of all the time the way it did when EAL first opened, so literally some people are able to get in one day and not the next. From what I've read though, since the intermittant part started, it's been resolved by teh next morning maintenance for most of the players having it, until it happens again, and then the player has to wait until the next day's maintenance to play again. I wish there was some way Randy could reproduce this bug himself, so it would be easier to fix......if they can't get it to happen internally, that makes fixing it that much harder to even impossible

As for the e-mail, yeah that would have been nice, but EA has not done the *nicest* things for a while now....LOL. It's been well talked about on the boards though, so at least there's information people can get by using the Search function for the boards, it's the ones that aren't even aware of Stratics' existence that are really left out in the cold, but Stratics has been around for so long and is in so many sims' bios I think the chances of that being the case are less and less, unless the player is a fresh newbie that hasn't met alot of people yet. If that's the case, then yeah they'd be confused
. However, I think I remember reading that there will soon be in-game links connecting to the blog, the Wiki and here that people can follow to get here to report bugs and talk about issues. Hopefully I didn't just dream of that, or if I did just dream it that maybe this post will give them the idea to implement it

G

I get this message every day, before maint. It will be fine after maint, at least it has done so for me. Annoying, but they are working on it and hopefully fixed. There is not much more we can do at the moment.

I remember someone saying that we do not need to register for both TSO and EA-Land. 1 of them is enough, and that will be TSO for most of us.

G

Thank you, I had read somewhere that people were having this problem. I didn't however notice anything about the accounts page. Not saying it wasn't there, just that I had not seen it. I did suspect that things would right themself after maintenance, I didn't know what to do about the account though.
I think that information needs to be made more readily available.
Again thanks, hope they get it fixed soon.

T

Tristan Lewis

I feel Stratics should be one of the ingame add-ons like facebook and TSO-E. Just a thought.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I feel Stratics should be one of the ingame add-ons like facebook and TSO-E. Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too, but I don't know if they will do this or not since Parizad's statement that Stratics is not the *official* boards for TSO.....I'm guessing now that would be the blog site, but this site has more players than the blog, and is more user friendly, so it does seem that it would at least be one of the 3 links listed in-game, the other two being the blog and the Wiki...at least until more people become accustomed to using both of the latter. Change is difficult for us all, but I hope by this time 6 months from now at the latest to be completely blog and Wiki savvy. I think what bothers me about the blog is that it's not player driven.....that is players cannot post their comments on something unless its a topic previously started by a dev. If they have new ideas or whatever, there's nowhere on the blog to post that, those things get sent here or to the Wiki, and there are still too many people digging their heels in saying that they can't figure out Wiki, even after the addition of the 'How to for Dummies' (note: not calling anybody a dummy so no flames plz!
) pages, one listed for the 'already Wiki savvy', and the other for brand new Wiki users.