• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which is the best poison to apply to a weapon?

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been looking through the post and have not noticed anyone saying whether or not the new poisons, parasitic and darkglow are any better or worse then dp to apply on assasins weapons or ninja items..Has anyone messed with those poisons yet?? and are they worth using instead of Dp?:stir:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
What are you trying to accomplish with the poisoning? Trying to kill your marks or simply scare them away?

Typically, I only kill bots. I find that attacking pimped-out PvPers with my fencer/thief is a health hazard. When I do use poison on a mark, this is just to shake them up a bit and make them run - the idea isn't to kill them ('cause I probably won't).

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had overlooked the guide before posting, It answered what i was looking for..I am now just getting back to pvp to see what has changed in 7 years.. i was mostly a sigil thief/mage, but was going to work a stealth ninja thief and yes to either scare off or possibly kill any would be suitors..its been awhile so i know ill be taking turf naps often. but thats whats fun about stealing you die or you score.. thx for the info:thumbup1:

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will mention that while I normally use deadly, I will carry parasitic upon occasion. It hits the same as deadly, and will be bumped also if you have sufficient poisoning skill. It isn't any harder to cure, but I frequently get 1 good heal from it, and if I am on my thief and am swinging a dagger anyway I will probably need it. It is a good poison to keep on hand, whether you normally run with it or not.