• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which is the best GD?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to free up some stable slots so decided to cut loose some excess stock. I'm not expert on greater dragons so could use some tips.

Which of these three would be the "keeper". I mainly do things like spawns, lady mel, navrey etc.

I'm not sure if stats are more important than skills and what resists to look out for.

Any advice would be great. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd take the 3.9 and the 4.2, go some place tough, and see which performs better. I love the strength on the 3.9, coupled with solid resists and skills. Same with the 4.2, though his strength is a and intel are a little disappointing. Either is a fine dragon. I'd totally lose the middle dragon, but I admit I differ from some others in what I look at in gdrags. I will say that 900+ hp's don't mean a lot to me unless there is a bunch of other good stuff to go with the drag. I favor resists, high strength, high wrestle, high tactics in that order. Your choice. They are all nice, but I understand the need for stable spots.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i do not mine. i tame.
i do not chop. i tame.
i do not craft. i tame.
i do not pvp and guess what... i tame.

I wouldn't have tamed neither 1 of those gds..but i have to admit that my actual standards are deffo high.
If u want to keep 1 gd...save the 3done, that's the 4.2. A decent one for helping you farming at the beginning but i esort u to find deffo a better gd.

901 hit points imo are low. Now, if u think of a 950 hp as an avarage hp...that 901 does not sound so bad...but if u consider the cap, it's -98...and that's a lot.Without considering an hp curse casted on him....; high hp let the pet tank a lot more. And covers partially the lack of wrestling, if there is any.That's why all those who got magery/eva int should bless their pets constantly.
That gd has got 125+ wrest that's a really good one....hit more,miss less and help him tanking more, recieving even less dmg from melees, that means also less healing by ya.
110 tattics is deffo low. Not so fundamental if you are an attack -tamer, (caster-fighter); deffo a bad value if u're a bard and basicly your pet has to do all the job. In this case i would go after a 120 tatt+ at least.
Since he's got good resists and a really nice 88 flame res combined with a capped poison....i would still think..."might work for doom"...let's check res spels...neither 110.
In top of that....an almost -100 str from the cap, and a really low int.
I would consider it more a mule than "the pet"......it's not the kind of gd that let u drink a coffe&smoke a ciggie while he kills.

As pointed save it for now...and keep searching ;)

pumpkin_escobar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
#3.
just because pincos tells u 4.whatever doesn't mean it's not ranked higher on uocraft.com, I have a 4.5 using pincos, but when I use uocraft it's rating is 4.7, just letting u know in case u didn't.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#3.
just because pincos tells u 4.whatever doesn't mean it's not ranked higher on uocraft.com, I have a 4.5 using pincos, but when I use uocraft it's rating is 4.7, just letting u know in case u didn't.
Yeah I've rated them all using UOCraft.com also. The 4.2 in Pinco is 4.3 with UOCraft.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For GDs I view resist >>>>> hit points. The simple fact is that with higher resist, you take less damage. You might have more hit points/lower resist, but if you can't keep up with healing (ie damage being done is greater than what you can heal) you will die eventually. Even if you only have 200 hit points, if you can keep up with healing, you won't die.

That's why resist >>>> hit points.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 4.2 will hit hard live longer and is a all around better tank than any of the others.

It is th ebest well rounded balanced GD you have .

The others are nice too and any foold would be happy to have them, sell them to some of the meatheads who payt thru the nose for pets :)