• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

which greater dragon is better? pls advise my tamer fellows

W

wwktam

after killing 100+ dragons my stable now hv only these 4 dragons left.
what do u guys think abt them??

dragon#1
HITS 927
STR 621
INT 563
Physical 82%
Fire 88%
Cold 42%
Poison 57%
Energy 75%
344%

dragon#2
HITS 906
STR 635
INT 589
Physical 85%
Fire 85%
Cold 48%
Poison 60%
Energy 73%
351%

dragon#3
HITS 990
STR 640
INT 600
Physical 80%
Fire 72%
Cold 41%
Poison 55%
Energy 58%
306%

dragon#4
HITS 946
STR 583
INT 532
Physical 85%
Fire 83%
Cold 42%
Poison 60%
Energy 55%

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the 2nd one best:

Has high reists but max phys which is the most important imho.
high str for more damage biting and clawing
good enough hps for firebreath output damage

G

I agree with Pfloyd #2 is the best overall pet. #1 is worth keeping and the other two would not even see my stables as the resists are just too far off.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice to have their pre-tamed skill levels (wretling/tactics/resist/magery) to compare them acurately.

W

wwktam

<blockquote><hr>

It would be nice to have their pre-tamed skill levels (wretling/tactics/resist/magery) to compare them acurately.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would love to provide that info
but i dont hv the skills for dragon#2 anymore cuz i kept updating its skills after trainning, the other 3 i hvnt started trainning yet so i still hv the figures

dragon#1
Wrestling 97.8
Tactics 95.0
Resisting Spells 90.5
Anatomy 21.2
Magery 110.6
EI 43.2
Meditation 56.1

dragon#3
Wrestling 95.2
Tactics 94.1
Resisting Spells 97.4
Anatomy 30.8
Magery 100.8
EI 56.9
Meditation 75.1

dragon#4
Wrestling 99.3
Tactics 96.1
Resisting Spells 82.5
Anatomy 18.9
Magery 110.9
EI 49.9
Meditation 38.0

I

imported_revenant2

IMO these dragons are mostly similar, and are good for similar jobs. They are primarily PVM phys-damage-tank type dragons,with one exception.

Knowing the skill caps is really important; I can't say as much about Dragon #2 since it's skills weren't posted.

Dragon #1 is a great all-around tank dragon that will have decent hit chance and fair Magic Resist. The high fire resist makes it your choice if you ever go to Grizzled. Dragon #3 is not a turd, it will have nice magic resist if trained up and very high damage in the fire breath due to it being at the extreme top end of HP. It's wrestling skill and magery skill levels are not distinctive, though, and its fire resist is the pits. Dragon #4 would do well being used to kill other superdragons, it's wrestling will go quite high, but Dragon #1 will be almost as good at it. Dragon #2 MIGHT be like this too, but without seeing the skills, can't say.

Dragons #3 and #4 have terrible energy and cold resist, this means that they will take significant damage from Cu Sidhes if they ever have to fight them. Dragon #2 is the exception in terms of its best jobs, in that it's resists make it better suited for dealing with cu sidhes, but it's wrestling must be decent or it can't work well (skills not posted on dragon #2).

They all have a nice, powerful fire breath attack due to the HP, obviously.

It's not always clear which dragon to pitch and which to keep, as dragons can be used for different things due to their variability. It's also not true that Phys resist is always the most important thing - - it's very important for many applications, but for others it's not as critical.

For example, one of my certain "keepers" only has 77 phys resist, 577 str, 515 mana, and his wrestling topped out at 116.8. His resist pattern, however, is:

and it's backed up by 941 hit points. It's a tank for elemental resists, especially fire.

This dragon is prime for Grizzled, he can stand right in the fire pools like a good Hiryu and be vet healed through it. I'm hoping to solo Grizzled with him soon (heh), I did Griz with a small group and he worked great for it. On the first Grizzled run, I took a different superdragon (my general-purpose phys which had 86 fire resist) and it was significantly harder to keep alive, I think he actually died once. You wouldn't think 86% vs 90% is all that big a deal, but it's evidently touchy when you have to keep something alive through that much fire damage.

P

Prudentis

I will only comment about the tanking ability of the dragons, because this is the easiest to determine. I haven't found out or settled yet, how much skills and str/dex/int should cont in determining the overall pet fitness.
What I use, is a very simple multiplication.
resilience = HP/1-(resist/100) for every resist.
The result is the actual number of HP hitpoints a creature can handle while taking damage of this elemental damage type. The cumulated value is the overall tanking quality.
While the cumulated number shows the pet's overall tanking streangth, for particullar foes, another pet with a smaller cumulated value but a higher specific value might be considered a better tank against particular targets.
A white Wyrm for example, is overall a much weaker pet, than your greater dragon, but my WW has a cold tanking value of about 4500, so I would consider taking my WW over a greater drag against cold damaging mobs.

1. Stat value resilience
HP 927
Physical 82/5150
Fire 88/7725
Cold 42/1598
Poison 57/2156
Energy 75/3708

Cumulated: 344/20337

2. Stat value resilience
HP 906
Physical 85/6040
Fire 85/6040
Cold 48/1742
Poison 60/2265
Energy 73/3356

Cumulated: 351/19443

3. Stat value resilience
HP 990
Physical 80/4950
Fire 72/3536
Cold 41/1678
Poison 55/2200
Energy 58/2357

Cumulated: 306/14721

4. Stat value/resilience
HP 946
Physical 85/6307
Fire 83/5565
Cold 42/1631
Poison 60/2365
Energy 55/2102

Cumulated: 325/17970

(sorry for the crappy formatting bu I'm lazy)

You see, it is very difficult to say which pet is the strongest, even when only looking at resists.
Pet one would be the preferable pet, if you deal with all kinds of damage types. But pet 4 would tank daemon berserkers much better, for example.

I still hope this information helps you decide

EDIT: Seems like dragon 3. is much weaker than any of the others, so I think he can easily be considered junk.