• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whetstone ingredient drop rates

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

Well, I was told by someone that the whetstone ingredients from the Shame Guardians will only drop when you kill the guardians in order; Shame level 1 Stone Guardian, Shame level 2 Flame Guardian and Shame level 3 Wind Guardian... Is that true?

Or can you kill them in any order and/or farm each separately? I suppose the drop rate is really low for them too? I've gotten the first one the Quartz thingie, but been killing the other 2 separately and haven't gotten any of them.. The Corrosive thingie and Cursed Oil....

Thanks in advance...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I thought the drop rate on the pieces was 100% - maybe I am wrong. I killed the level 1 and level 2 guy once each and got the first 2 pieces. I haven't get gotten around to getting the 3rd, as I'm not yet ready to start removing my DI, so there's no pressing need.

I've never heard that you have to kill them in order, but for the record, when I did the first 2, I did them in order 1 after the other...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They drop 100% in Fel, in Tram they are rarer. I've never heard that you have to kill them in order.
I have to admit I've only done them all once, and then only so that I could complete the Shame guide page.

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'll just keep trying them separately and see what happens... After all, it's just Crystals of Shame.... Heh.. Thanks Tuan and Petra..

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When I need those, I find a time where fel is likely to be quiet on my shard and hit shame to kill the bosses.
Drop rate there is 100%.

I'd suggest you doing likewise if you are in a hurry to get the whetstone.

Edit:
And no, you can do them in whatever order pleases you.
I do them in order because it is faster to kill them as I progress down the dungeon.

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the suggestion.. Unfortunately, my sampire doesn't have the ability to go for the Flame Guardian, unless I stoned something and took up Magery if I wanted to hit Fel Shame... I could use someone else I guess...

Edit: Although since Teleport is Circle 3, I could use jewelry to get 30 Magery and just keep casting until I get it...

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the suggestion.. Unfortunately, my sampire doesn't have the ability to go for the Flame Guardian, unless I stoned something and took up Magery if I wanted to hit Fel Shame... I could use someone else I guess...

Edit: Although since Teleport is Circle 3, I could use jewelry to get 30 Magery and just keep casting until I get it...
Why get 30 magery? Buy teleport scrolls at NPC vendors and just use them. Even at 0 magery with an elf you have a good chance to cast it.
Teleport scrolls have the same difficulty of a level 1 spell to be cast.

Last edited:

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, thought it was 2 circles (20 magery) or so below the actual scroll spell that you needed for it to be successful.. Meaning I thought I needed at least 10 magery for the Teleport scroll. Thanks, I'll try it out...

Edit: Update... Was able to get it done... Had to kill them a second time since I messed up on the first weapon I used it on..

Last edited: