• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where/when do you get npc regs/scrolls in bulk?

M

mike8756

The most I ever see anywhere is 20 of each. Are you seriously supposed to buy 10,000 of everything 20 at a time?

G

An NPC vendor automaticaly renews his/her inventory in aprox. 15 minutes to half an hour. I'm not sure of the exact time and it's different from vendor to vendor and shop to shop. If a specific item has been bought out, the vendor will re-stock that item in double what it originally was.

For example, You buy 20 Garlic. The next re-stocking cycle that the vendor runs through, replenishes the stock 2x of what it once was. That vendor now has 40 Garlic for sale. You buy the 40 Garlic, and the next cycle, 80 Garlic is for sale. Etc, etc.

If you keep doing this, the vendor will eventually have 999 which is as high as it goes. If you don't buy him/her out and the NPC vendor's re-stock cycles runs, the quantity for sale will decrease by half (instead of doubling) until it reaches 20 again. For example, 160 Garlic for sale becomes 80 Garlic for sale.

Bring a pack animal for heavy items like scrolls.
See if you can find a Faction town in Felucca that has a low prices. You can often find scrolls for 3 gold and reagents for as little as 2 gold each.

M

mike8756

Thanks for awesome info.

Are there any prerequisites/requirements to dealing with a faction vendor?

E

Erebor

Nope, just finding them is the trick. They move around from town to town. Usually you find them near the town sigil, but sometimes they are in an odd place. And sometimes the prices are great, and sometimes they are sky-high.

The scrolls will not actually be sold by the faction vendors, though. But in a town with faction vendors, the npcs at the mage shops will have comparable price reductions. So you can get necro regs and scrolls and even stuff like blank runes at good prices in the shops even though the faction vendors actually only sell magery regs.

Incidentally, faction vendors are good for lumber, bottles and ore, too.

And in general, in shops or with the faction guys, buying on weekends is good for this sort of thing ... chances are that more people are running up the same vendors, and that helps build volumes and keep them up. Sometimes you will find it hard to get there when stuff is in stock ... in such cases, I wait til a little later in the day when traffic slows down a tad but before volumes devolve again.

G

Oh, one thing that should be mentioned:
if you hold down your shift key while doubleclicking the item you want in the NPCs directory, you will buy all his stock at once.

You all probably know this. I am only mentioning it because I just found out recently by accident......... *takes a deep breath and shouts*

after running regs vendors for 4 years now!!!!!!!

Have a nice day,

Hephaistos of Europa

G

Is there a way to get npc's to start selling scrolls?
I noticed that many mapmakers (i.e. all of them in Brit) don't sell any!

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't recall mapmakers ever selling blank scrolls. Anyone else see them do that?

Try the scribes at the Scribe Shop in Brit, and the Library too in addition to the Mage shops.

G

Maybe it's my mind playng tricks on me....old age and all that

But i'm sure that when i was training cart i bought tons of scrolls in the same place.

K

KakaJoe

If you want to "farm" blank scrolls, the Moonglow Lycaeum is the best place -- there's at least 4 or 5 scribes there, so building them all to the 999 point with a few packies in tow can set you up for weeks ... and bonus of no one ever going there, so you don't have to worry about coming back to the NPC vendor(s) you've worked on for hours to find someone else buying up "your" scrolls

G

GageEndal

I usually find a spot that has a lot of mages that will sell regs and scrolls. (Moonglow NE Mage Shop, Magencia, New Haven are best) and then I buy them out of all regs and scrolls if I need them or not.

I then start scribing. It's helpful to have a pack animal with you in case you get overloaded which happens frequently. If you farm these three places and scribe all you can, you will get a lot of gains and a LOT of gold very fast. I bought my first 18x18 for almost 1.5m after GMing inscription in this fashion. It only took me about 2 weeks.

I also have a LOT of leftover regs that I put to use by GMing Alchemy on my thief. Even after that I still have a surplus.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Oh, one thing that should be mentioned:
if you hold down your shift key while doubleclicking the item you want in the NPCs directory, you will buy all his stock at once.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="brown">OMG - I totally didn't know that and I've been playing for 4 years!!! that's AWESOME - thanks so much!!! Wow... </font>