• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where to hunt

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just getting back into things and i really focused on getting my tamer to 100+ (no tokens)... Unfortunately, I was without income during most of it and any i did have went into my tamer for 120's....so

Where do you guys hunt for effective cash flow, i've got a nightmare, ww, greater drag all bonded and ready to go. I've started a little bit of devourer (renown) but i feel like there should be something more steady for income. Swoop seems alright. I've heard barracoon is soloable by a tamer.

what type of equipment should i be wearing (donning all 70's right now with 100% LRC). how in blue blazes do people get over 2k luck? should i even worry about resists even on easier fights. Is fc/fcr still important for jewelry?

Any tips would be appreciated as right now i feel like i'm in limbo on trying to figure out what to work on with this char next.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the fairy dragon spawn in abyss dropp alot of gold and imbuing reagents that you could sell and a chance to get tinker legs from the wyvern (renowned) you loose alot of karma on this mini spawn but you can gain alot fast if you go and do the fire demon spawn that is just a screen away

I'm not sure if it is a good way to make gold this way anymore could be the best way is to hope to get lucky with the new loot and sell it I donno

Most champ spawns you can solo with tamers problem is they take a very long time to do warriors are much faster

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the tips. The main problem is I'm just looking for a steady income that's not too boring.

Don't know what's exactly good right now for gear as my opinion seems to be changing constantly. For example I thought +skills and lrc would be high on the needs for jewelry but I'm finding out that's not the case. Also I'm not finding very many arties with what i'm hunting and I thought i should be going for tougher things. A lot of what i've been hunting is balrons, swoop, etc...

I'm guessing doing champ spawns should be high on the list of to do huh?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tips. The main problem is I'm just looking for a steady income that's not too boring.

Don't know what's exactly good right now for gear as my opinion seems to be changing constantly. For example I thought +skills and lrc would be high on the needs for jewelry but I'm finding out that's not the case. Also I'm not finding very many arties with what i'm hunting and I thought i should be going for tougher things. A lot of what i've been hunting is balrons, swoop, etc...

I'm guessing doing champ spawns should be high on the list of to do huh?
If you are looking for lower level artifacts Greater Dragons drop them with some regularity, as do Miasma, Ancient Wyrms, stuff like that. If you are looking for legendary bosses are really your only option for any regularity.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
yeah i've found miasma to be an excellent source of income right now. Giving me 2k of gold each kill with most fights under a minute. So that's 100k+ if all i do is loot the gold. Unfortunately i like the chests too so that slows things down.

I could spend a bit of money to get some soulstone fragments so i can transfer a skill (eval int) off and put on lockpicking.

One option is i could do mining and go after the golden eles. Between the minax arties and the possible clean up points i could make a chunk of change no?

The devourer(renown) seems to take a long time to wait between spawns so i don't know about that. Is there a good way to speed that up or maybe another spawn that can be soloed quickly so i could bounce back and forth?

Other options include going pirate hunting vs. merchant ships. Is that soloable with a tamer? I think the resources could be handy. I do have high seas but how do i get one of those large ships?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Navery can also be profitable. Provided you are fast enough to drop the rocks, the fight doesn't take too long and Tangles usually sell in the 10-15 million range on most shards.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mage tamers generally have another skill or two that compliments what they hunt... What will work best for you will depend greatly on what additional skills you have.

Adding mining would allow you to farm gold ingots in Blackthorns very easily. You could make some decent money selling clean-up rewards like dyes or totems.

Working in some cartography and lockpicking would allow you to complete t-maps (though they are less profitable with some of the other recent changes).

Spellweaving would help you keep your pet alive and kill mobs faster, as would Disco/Music

Finally... To the joy or dismay of the person you talk to, tamers are a pretty viable template for getting a drop at your shards EM events. It might take you a few times for the RNG to smile upon you, but those can sell anywhere from 100 million to near 1 billion. Not bad for a couple hours per month.