• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where the hell do you get reagents?

K

kvothe

I know you can get reagents from vendors.....and you can pick them up.... but from vendors you can get only 40 most at a time and then I run out in 5 minutes..

Am i missing something or can you craft reagents?

C

Cloak&Dagger

I know you can get reagents from vendors.....and you can pick them up.... but from vendors you can get only 40 most at a time and then I run out in 5 minutes..

Am i missing something or can you craft reagents?
When you buy reagents from a vendor if you wait Roughly 20 minutes or so they will restock with double the amount, it takes about 8 rounds(?) to get to the point where the vendors stock 999 reagents each time. Aside from this, no other way. How are you running out in 5 minutes? Just spamming spells?

K

kvothe

well you need to use spellsto skill up and im on seige and it hard to get 100percent reagent free armor.

everything 3 times more expensive

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Another suggestion is to find creatures that carry the reagents, that you can kill more cheaply than the reagents used to kill them.

For example, necromancy reagents come from liches, fairly easily (and you could end up selling them to a fellow Sieger that's a Necromancer for money or trade them for mage regs). Corpsers, reapers, and the spellcasting ghost-like undead (spectre, wraith, shade) have magery regs.

Moonglow has 4 or 5 different spots (if you count Papua, which you get to through one of the Moonglow mage shops) to buy regs from, and each place has two or more reagent sellers.

Another idea, if you've got 50 magery already, is add enough cartography to do level 1 treasure maps. 50 Magery will unlock the chests, last I remember, but without detect hidden and remove trap, you'd have to take damage by manually tripping the chest trap by opening it up (telekinesis doesn't work on treasure chests on Siege). If Unlock doesn't work on the chest, you can always go and train lockpicking to 33 or so.

Each level one Treasure chest has 3 stacks of 40-60 regs, and you can do 12-20 of them an hour, if you have access to a rune library (I'm sure one of the SP guilds can point you to a map rune library) and ability to Gate around. If you have to cast Gate by scroll, remember to change the target location to default, and target it with the scroll.

D

Dai Deneg

Find me on Siege - ingame name Dai Deneg

I'll give you full lrc suit and some money.

S

Salya Sin

The best way I've found to buy regs in bulk is to bank sit the faction vendors in Moonglow Fel. A bit dangerous... so I stand naked with my bank box open. THere are ten reg vendors standing there. It's still time consuming and expensive but less so than any other vendor. ALSO... most things are cheaper in fel. I'm on Napa but wouldn't all shards have the faction vendors? They are on the bank roof here.

:)

K

King Durango

I have a related question. Why is it when I have seen bulk reagents on player vendors they are more expensive than if you were to buy from an NPC? Typically I have seen them going for 6k gold for 1k of regs, or 6gp each. Six of the eight magery reagents are 3gp and two 5gp from NPCs. That has always confused me. Shouldn't buying in bulk be cheaper? Is it just because the player vendors are counting on people being too lazy to wait to up that NPC quantity counter?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That particular seller has probably witnessed someone coming through TOO regularly on a scripter that's hitting their vendors for regs to script the wizard glasses in the Brit library, and set the prices up to make profit off the scripter until the cheater wises up and realizes he's overpaying....

I've also heard tales of Faction vendors being set high, on shards where the same faction dominates all towns, for similar reasons, with the person setting the tax rates lowering them for a day for themselves and their closest friends, when needed.

C

Cloak&Dagger

The best way I've found to buy regs in bulk is to bank sit the faction vendors in Moonglow Fel. A bit dangerous... so I stand naked with my bank box open. THere are ten reg vendors standing there. It's still time consuming and expensive but less so than any other vendor. ALSO... most things are cheaper in fel. I'm on Napa but wouldn't all shards have the faction vendors? They are on the bank roof here.

Siege only has fel....and the Faction vendors are only there if the controlling faction puts the vendors up. :)

I have a related question. Why is it when I have seen bulk reagents on player vendors they are more expensive than if you were to buy from an NPC? Typically I have seen them going for 6k gold for 1k of regs, or 6gp each. Six of the eight magery reagents are 3gp and two 5gp from NPCs. That has always confused me. Shouldn't buying in bulk be cheaper? Is it just because the player vendors are counting on people being too lazy to wait to up that NPC quantity counter?

Because they buy them in huge numbers from the npc for profit...they buy all the regs all day from every vendor, they then sell them for profit usually 2 gp profit...and then players buy it for convenience it is more or less the same as boards and ingots....you are paying for the players time...

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you join NEW on Siege, Shalimar will happily give you an LRC suit to use in training. Hell she might give you one without joining.

G

Gladius

Aye I get mine from the same source cheaper too. The Vendors on my shard are at the Brit bank in Balhae not on the roof tho' best to stealth over there.

-G-

C

Cat Crimson

I notice no one has thought it worth mentioning that you can pick mage reagants up off the ground, for FREE, on ANY shard. Requires some time and effort but if you are a complete new character it at least requires no combat skills or spending out more in regs than you already have to kill stuff. Ctrl + Shift will make it easier to spot the regs by bringing up the name bar. There are some areas that are richer than others in spawned regs ie Trinsic Gate, and certain areas of Tokuno for specific regs.