• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Where is the THB Mining Info?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There used to be some information about how many points in mining equates to how close you need to be to the chest. I'm having trouble locating this information. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It was in the old THB FAQ. It's still available online, just not linked from anywhere I can see. Look here: http://uo.stratics.com/thb/faq.shtml#q13

13. What about mining?
Mining is not a required skill, that is to say you can find and dig up any level of map with zero mining skill. However, mining does provide a few advantages. It increases your dig radius (from the treasure spot) as follows:
  • 0 to 50.9 mining gives a 1 tile radius (in other words, you must dig the exact correct spot of the chest)
  • 51 to 80.9 mining gives a 2 tiles radius
  • 81 to 99.9 mining gives a 3 tiles radius
  • 100 mining gives a 4 tiles radius
Note: These numbers refer to enhanced skill, not "real"
If you use a map archive to locate the treasure, you may not need the advantages of mining. However, it also allows you to stand back from the chest spot a little, which can give you a bit of a head start if you plan on making a run for it once the chest is up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ack, sorry. I think that was archived as being too out of date to be useful. Most of it is!
I'll try to get it sorted out.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I needed. Dizzy, I think I remember you. Did you used to be the moderator of this forum years ago?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I needed. Dizzy, I think I remember you. Did you used to be the moderator of this forum years ago?
I did indeed. That was a long time ago. Um... 2002 - 2005, maybe? Used to manage the THB site back then. And I used to treasure hunt a *lot* from 1999 through 2004. But my old 120 Provo bard is just plain outmatched by those ancient wyrms.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did indeed. That was a long time ago. Um... 2002 - 2005, maybe? Used to manage the THB site back then. And I used to treasure hunt a *lot* from 1999 through 2004. But my old 120 Provo bard is just plain outmatched by those ancient wyrms.
Hey, welcome back! :)