• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is SLACK when you need him? I hear crickets...

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna stir this forum up a bit soon. I'm coming up with a few ideas. (not troll stirring, the good kind of stirring)

Maybe start a thread where the best shops are (or ONLY shops, lol)

Are there any on Ice Isle, or am I just wasting my time going there? I love going there though, so peaceful with the music and the polar bears are cute.. until a Frost Troll rips your face off and the Orcs boil you in their cooking pot for dinner...

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are vendors and shops scattered throughout tram. The problem is alot of them come and go so fast that it is hard keeping track of all of them.

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only found 1 shop on Arctic Island. There are few in Zento. Still waiting for Painted Elves to put some stuff out. And ya, it is hard to keep track. I remember trying to keep track of them back then. I always had to go through the shop books I had for sale at least every week. I usually make a runebook and put it on my steps for everybody to use. I don't really have too many atm, I don't usually include Luna shops unless they are good ones. I believe that I had two separate shop books. One was Luna shops, one was non-Luna shops.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendors are up with Stuff.

I had some up, someone came over and bought most of what I had, then no one came so the vendors came down.
There are odds n ends on there, maybe some Plants/Seeds at a later date.
Good Luck!

S

SLACK

Look,look, here I am!!!!! :dunce:

I'm with you on the shops. I have many a runebook filled with vendor stops but the last time I tried to go to tehm about 90% were gone and the others weren't stocked so it was back to Luna as usual........:talktothehand:
Get some more people in here already!

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the shops should be in luna, especially on LA. its simply bad business to put some shop in the middle of nowhere and then have to be on at many random times dropping runes to it in hopes someone learns about ur new spot. Luna is like a nicely enclosed shopping mall, and because LA is small the prices arent overblown because people can get free vendor spots at many of the houses. i dont shop anywhere except luna.

S

SLACK

the shops should be in luna, especially on LA. its simply bad business to put some shop in the middle of nowhere and then have to be on at many random times dropping runes to it in hopes someone learns about ur new spot. Luna is like a nicely enclosed shopping mall, and because LA is small the prices arent overblown because people can get free vendor spots at many of the houses. i dont shop anywhere except luna.
Yes but this is what has killed the quaintness and, to me, the actual fun of the game.
One stop shopping: how boring.

C

Capn Kranky

Luna is my shopping last resort. I will battle nearly anything to NOT buy items in that area.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont really care where a shop is located just as long as it:

Is labeled as to what the shop sells
Bags are labeled inside the vendor bag
Vendor is stocked

I hate searching through vendors that are not labeled and the dozen or so unlabeled bags they have on them to search for an item. I usually just pass those establishments by.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I finally got back in the vending business myself yesterday. I put a vendor up in Luna that sells stuff from SOS (and other aspects of fishing). No fish on sale yet, but that's partially because I need to get back fishing (and partially because DA and I have to discuss which part of our shared fish stockpile to sell).

Anyone got 100 Drake fish for sale? I need them bad (got hit by 3 20-count quests for them, all of them too good to toss)