• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is everyone???

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Eyes of Origin

I've been playing origin for just over a year now and I'm sad to say I dont see as many people as I use to :(
I use to see the guilds AV, KK, KORH and CCC all the time everywhere I went in game.
Now, I am constantly met with rude people from some newer guilds on shard. In the Luna bank all you see are people smack talking or bank sitting.
Use to be people there chatting, joking and having fun.
Every time I turn around someone else I know is leaving shard.
AV use to hold shard events every month both in tram and fel and they were a blast! What happened to all that?
Is Origin dying and letting the pvp guilds who cant make it on other shards take over?? (I mean no disrespect, but I dont see anyone but pvp guilds anymore)

L

Lady Tiger

People are just tired of playing is all...no new content does that to people

E

Eyes of Origin

Yeah I guess that could do it.. just dont understand why people are leaving shard :sad3: maybe people will come back with the new version being set for release this summer... hopefully they come to Origin though

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had the energy to play the last month and a half due to illnesses. I had my rear end handed to me.

I think i've logged in long enough to deco a little bit, take care of plants and then log out and curl up on the sofa and watch TV.

Starting this week you should see more of me in game, either as Cassie or another of my many characters.

C

Crystal Canyon

I've been playing origin for just over a year now and I'm sad to say I don't see as many people as I use to :(
I use to see the guilds AV, KK, KORH and CCC all the time everywhere I went in game.
Now, I am constantly met with rude people from some newer guilds on shard. In the Luna bank all you see are people smack talking or bank sitting.
Use to be people there chatting, joking and having fun.
Every time I turn around someone else I know is leaving shard.
AV use to hold shard events every month both in tram and fel and they were a blast! What happened to all that?
Is Origin dying and letting the pvp guilds who cant make it on other shards take over?? (I mean no disrespect, but I dont see anyone but pvp guilds anymore)
I havent logged into the game for the last two weeks mostly due to personal life's hectic scheduale. The times that I had the opportunity to log in though, I refrained for the same reasons that you posted above.

I'm just so tired of the rudeness on this shard. Why log in to listen the crap that some players dish out 24/7? You cant run a business on this shard unless you are a part of a certain group, without constant bashing at the bank, at your establishment and on the boards.

As, you probably also can see, there is no use in trying to have events without certain groups doing all in their power to mess it up. Not in game...not on the boards. Jealousy runs rampant on this shard.

IMO, the pvp groups here have actually helped the shard by bringing more people here to play and boosting our economy some. LOL...yes, they also bring in some smack talk but that is all it is...smack talk. Most of them are good players.

Bottom line is simple... No one wants to pay 15 bucks a month to listen to a bunch of cry babies, be harassed daily, or not even be able to post on the boards without certain people messing with every post you make.

The "power struggle" looks as if it is coming to an end on this shard, but not without the casualties. People have left and people have simply just chosen not to play. I, have chosen to take a break and watch Origin go back to the same dead shard it was a year ago.

P.s. Love the name "Eyes of Origin"...you would be surprised how many of those are out there just lurking....LOL

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certianty have noticed a lack of smack talk lately and the bank is almost always empty. With the war scenario about to start up again most certianly the luring and ganking that was common earlier will start again. I am not looking forward to it at all. and Crystal, I can tell that the Shard is missing you as well as I am. The vendor house could use your attention but I am sure you know that. I hope your hectic period will calm down soon.

As to only seeing PVP guilds lately this part of the scenario is tied to factions in an unhealty way, in my opinion, many people may be gearing up for this aspect.

F

Flora Green

It's not nearly as bad as some are making it sound. It's simply a smaller shard and people are probably busy with kids, school, Halloween costumes, etc. I'm sure the new events coming up will boost the activity level.

L

Lady Tiger

I agree with you flora. The shard is a really nice shard with some really nice people on it. Things will pick up again.

F

Flora Green

Today I was at the bank, Lady Tiger, and Anon just handed me a bag of seeds. I don't know him/her and I thought that a very nice gesture. People have dropped off seeds at the house (Tina has made several runs), met with me in game and PM'd me here. Even though I can collect them myself now that my connection is restored, people still give me some. Even plant bowls and fertile dirt have been dropped. :)

The drama here (and most any shard I've been on) is usually minimal and could be contained if people would just let things go, and the kindness of others easily makes up for it. Just in the past 3 weeks alone I've met some of the nicest people I've ever played with. That's over the course of 7.5 years and 4 shards.

L

Lady Tiger

by the way flora love your plants and thank you for growing those. my castle is looking very homey now due to your flowers. I grow some but it's alot of work to do the plants everyday without killing them.

C

Crystal Canyon

The drama here (and most any shard I've been on) is usually minimal and could be contained if people would just let things go, that the kindness of others easily makes up for it.
So, true, but as I said, it appears those causing it will be in control again, so the drama and crap should be slowing down some. The main problem with this shard is that no one wants to share...eveyone wants to be "top Dog" so to speak.

There is kindness on this shard. Alot of it in fact. Too bad that the trouble makers dont just go with the flow and become that kind of player also. The "new days" of Origin seem to be long gone, and that is a shame. If there are any of the original players to Origin still here, they know exactly what Im saying.

L

Lady Tiger

Crystal that is the kind of talk that makes people want to come back and defend themselves. Please stop now

C

Crystal Canyon

Crystal that is the kind of talk that makes people want to come back and defend themselves. Please stop now
Sorry, but im giving my opinion here to the original poster and my opinions are just as good as yours. Im sorry if you dont agree with what I say, but that is part of posting on a board isnt it?

People have done things on this shard to try to mess up events, people have done things on this board to mess with others trying to have a good time here. Its no secret....its in black and white.

I dont think anyone need defend themselfs here to anything I have said as I have not mentioned any names at all.

Im agreeing with the original poster and will continue to.

L

Lord Arcane

i agree with tiger and flora, many people know me and there are now alot that don't but i have been on origin since its first day, and befor that i been with uo since first beta, so i have seen alot and done alot so to speak, and i agree that lots of what some call drama or smack talk is mostly just sillyness, some of it ya is just B.S., hell some people just hate me and it honestly don't bug me one bit thats up to them i got plenty of other people to hang out with and talk to and i'm one of the few that enjoys being alone some times hell thats how i do 99% of my hunting and few have seen how i hunt and where and they know i make a killing just from hunting, some on other hand run vendors i tired it i honestly did like doing it even tho i just stocked basic things i could make with my own char with little money put into it, i wish i could still do it but i can't afford the 2 accounts right now, anyways point is don't worry so much what others think i guess stick to your friends and sure you might me alot of rude people but i bet you will meet alot of nice ones too just say **** off you the rude ones pretty much like where ever you go in rl there always one ass hole

E

Eyes of Origin

1st I want to say thank you for the opinions of everyone who has posted... not to be rude, but the same people who posted are about the only ones I ever see posting on these boards other than mods or a few others in the pvp thread.
It is dead, regardless of what reasons... I like the idea of a smaller shard, but I miss the events and I do miss the people... and yes there might be nice people on shard, of this I have no doubt, just trying to say that alot of what I see is bad, not good..
Trying to keep my hopes up and that people will come back to Origin at some point..
I heard this shard was so busy when it first opened up and the vendors here were the best of the west coast shards... just dont see how that has changed... most vendors are empty or the houses themselves dont even have vendors.. just sad is all

C

Crystal Canyon

1st I want to say thank you for the opinions of everyone who has posted... not to be rude, but the same people who posted are about the only ones I ever see posting on these boards other than mods or a few others in the pvp thread.
It is dead, regardless of what reasons... I like the idea of a smaller shard, but I miss the events and I do miss the people... and yes there might be nice people on shard, of this I have no doubt, just trying to say that alot of what I see is bad, not good..
Trying to keep my hopes up and that people will come back to Origin at some point..
I heard this shard was so busy when it first opened up and the vendors here were the best of the west coast shards... just dont see how that has changed... most vendors are empty or the houses themselves dont even have vendors.. just sad is all
This shard was so awesome when it first opened! It was full of people, but not over populated. I honestly think that it put a spark back into alot of players that had become bored with the game.

Luna was filled with vendors and everyone got along. In fact, people would go out of thier way to help others. Several of the vendorhouses would get together to hold events for the shard and it semed like everyone would show up!

We held a Christmas event the first year that lasted for days. Im sure Lord Arcane remembers that one. I cant remember how many houses were decorated, but alot of those that were held individual events also. At an event I attended, I actually received a seahorse as a gift!

The first vendorhouse I actually owned here was purchased for me by a friend. She sent me a message to meet her in Luna at the southwest corner. When I arrived she was standing there with 100 mil checks, and the icq of the person to come turn it over to me. Thats how this shard operated.

Sad, to say it is far from that now. Holding an event or trying to do anything fun is like subjecting yourself to grief purposely.

L

Lord Arcane

hehe course i remember you and sounder put on one great event and let my first uo wedding be part of it, i still have most of the gifts sitting in my house as keep sakes, and i still thank your guys for it, i also still have the pics you sent me of when i became a luna knight :) even tho we've grown apart crystal i still remember the good times and hold them dear to me, i still remember us and snow kittie and all them sitting at the bank for hours talking or going on peerless hunts, i myself would love to see origin like that again and if theres something i could do to help bring origin back to how it was i would be more then honored to help but sadly i'm starting to think origin lost alot of what it once had, but its not to late to bring it back hehe some of my best memories of origin was back when it first started first christmas and first EM event witch i still am one of the lucky ones to have tree named after me :) was alot of fun time then and one day i'm sure it will be like that again atleast i hope it will, thats why i say there are ALOT of good people on origin but yet there are also bad ones just got to not focus on the bad cuz i'm sure many know thats on all shards but it does show more here since there isn't as many people on origin

C

Crystal Canyon

hehe course i remember you and sounder put on one great event and let my first uo wedding be part of it, i still have most of the gifts sitting in my house as keep sakes, and i still thank your guys for it, i also still have the pics you sent me of when i became a luna knight :) even tho we've grown apart crystal i still remember the good times and hold them dear to me, i still remember us and snow kittie and all them sitting at the bank for hours talking or going on peerless hunts, i myself would love to see origin like that again and if theres something i could do to help bring origin back to how it was i would be more then honored to help but sadly i'm starting to think origin lost alot of what it once had, but its not to late to bring it back hehe some of my best memories of origin was back when it first started first christmas and first EM event witch i still am one of the lucky ones to have tree named after me :) was alot of fun time then and one day i'm sure it will be like that again atleast i hope it will, thats why i say there are ALOT of good people on origin but yet there are also bad ones just got to not focus on the bad cuz i'm sure many know thats on all shards but it does show more here since there isn't as many people on origin

Oh my gosh...I had forgotten about your Knighthood pics....LOL. You reminded me of of alot of things . Hehehe

One of the highlights of my UO time will always be your wedding. It seemed so dang real! People were so polite and so eager to help out in anyway. Several people who came had never attended a UO wedding before and you and your UO wife really made it memorable for them. From the gifts to your personal vows, the entire ceremony was so life like. THe best part was probably your announcements on the boards! LOL

When your little one arrives you will think this is all trivial, but nevertheless, it has all been a very memorable experience. One I will also cherish for sure.

L

Lord Arcane

i think we all have very good memeries of each other in that i mean the people who been on origin from the start, i myself love origin for being so small it makes it more personal, sadly akara has since left me tho but i hold nothing against her. but yes i will always remember the pics you and sounder both sent me and i still have them :) you guys will always be remembered atleast to me, you know me i don't hold nothing agaisnt anyone we all have bad time i know i've had mine and life is to short to hate

give me little bit to upload the pics to photos so everyone can see, sadly tho i could get the pics of the wedding and the house drop your guys to and the ones of you catching me asking her to marry me hehe i'm sure you remember it tho :p i was sneaky pete about that LOL

F

Flora Green

You are most welcome, Lady Tiger. Thanks for shopping at my place. A couple of vendors are missing cause I didn't login to pay them. I'm going to redo it after Halloween anyways. :)

L

Lord Arcane

flora hehe i want some of those sqaure hedges for my house hehe if you can tell me what to hunt i'll get some seeds for you so you can grow them for me :p i know i'm lazy

L

Lord Arcane

ok these pics might take me few days to find lol i know i got them just don't remember right off hand where i put them, down side if having 500gig 80gig 40 gig and 20 gig hard drive on same pc and 75% of it is nothing but music lol

L

Lord Arcane

Ok found some of my old pics lol still got a few i KNOW i got just not sure where i put them lol

And the Vows from my wedding that i wrote myself :)

Vows of Groom to Bride

I, Arcane, take thee, Akara, to be my lawfully wedded wife,
knowing in my heart that you will be my constant friend,
my faithful partner in life, and my one true love.
On this special day, I give to you in the presence of God and these witnesses
my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful husband
in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad.
I further promise to love you without reservation, honor and respect you,
provide for your needs as best I can, protect you from harm,
comfort you in times of distress, grow with you in mind and spirit,
always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

Vows of Bride to Groom

I, Akara, take thee, Arcane, to be my lawfully wedded husband,
secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend,
my faithful partner in life, and my one true love.
On this special day, I give to you in the presence of God and these witnesses
my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful wife
in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad.
I further promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress,
encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you,
grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you,
and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

see i wasn't lieing i do remember the old days and the people i was with and who did what even tho i do drink alot i still remember LMAO

F

Flora Green

Arcane send me a PM with what plants you want and I'll get an order together for you. If you tell me soon I can try to have a few of them by the time you get back.

A

Anon McDougle

Your welcome for the seeds Flora !!!

i expect once the new publish hits we shall become very very crowded

the invasions should be fun !!!!!!

C

Crystal Canyon

Very cool pics Arcane! It does bring back alot of very good memories! Thank you for posting them. :D

F

Frey Wavestrider

People are still around. RL has interfered with some people, others are still around like KK going to die together and have fun. The halloween content and the invasions should be a riot. Lots of death and destruction. KK will be dying defending any city that needs defending I suspect and helping out whoever we can.

Hope to see you all fighting and dying in defence of the various cities. Live,laugh, have fun. It is a game we all seem to enjoy when we remember it is a game.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nice pictures arcane!!!!!!!!!

People are still around. RL has interfered with some people, others are still around like KK going to die together and have fun. The halloween content and the invasions should be a riot. Lots of death and destruction. KK will be dying defending any city that needs defending I suspect and helping out whoever we can.

Hope to see you all fighting and dying in defence of the various cities. Live,laugh, have fun. It is a game we all seem to enjoy when we remember it is a game.

L

Lord Arcane

nah they not that nice i only kept ones that had to deal with me for my own personal memory so lol most of the old pics i can post will be about me or have them in them lol i'm still trying to find the pic lady sounder made for my wedding had alot of pic from the wedding in it, hehe i'm sure crystal has few pic hidin away herself :p come on crystal bring them out you use to be a reporter i know you have pics of old day even if they like mine and just deal with yourself :)

C

Crystal Canyon

nah they not that nice i only kept ones that had to deal with me for my own personal memory so lol most of the old pics i can post will be about me or have them in them lol i'm still trying to find the pic lady sounder made for my wedding had alot of pic from the wedding in it, hehe i'm sure crystal has few pic hidin away herself :p come on crystal bring them out you use to be a reporter i know you have pics of old day even if they like mine and just deal with yourself :)
LOL...yes Arcane, Im sure I have alot of the old pics on another hard drive. Im as bad as you are about keeping them and as bad as you about keeping a multitude of hard drives. Only difference is that mine are filled with pictures and yours are full of music!

I dont really have the time to dig them out right now, but I promise I will. Real life has been a hectic mess for the last two weeks. Right at he moment Im making a Pillsbury Dough Boy costume for my baby. ( grand baby actually, but I want him all to myself) He has so many "rolls" I figured that costume would be appropriate for him!

M

Mercy Mixed

KK or Knights of Knowledge are still in Origin and so are the others you have listed. KK usually drops at there bed time and that is about 3 hours diff from my time (PST)
They get attacked by pvp reds every time they go do a run in fel

I

Intoxication

Things have died off across all shards you just see it more on the smaller ones.