• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is Catskills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy all!

After my return I have been looking around on Catskills several times, but no soul was there to be blackmailed, bribed, threatened or just to talk to. I admit that it wasn't exactly during peak times, but not at 8 in the morning either.
What happened? I haven't seen Catskills so deserted ever before. I am pondering whether it makes sense to hold the Black Market on Saturday.

Who is still out there?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
End of summer and school will begin in the next couple of weeks. Peeps probabaly squeezing in some vacation in and dealing with shopping for back to school.

Myself I just got done with a car part of an accident but still on the medical. A little over 33 days just to get a car replaced for one that was totaled by some squishy not paying attention. Its been keeping myself busy for a month and still continuing.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's still a lot of activity. People are just avoiding luna and brit a bit more due to recent demon thingys spawning everywhere.
Also people use general chat more to spam about selling stuff. So less of a reason to congregate at the bank.
So yea things are still kicking, people are just hiding more :)

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Plugs nose* Perhaps if you'd bathe, Mr. Pike, you'd see more people not hiding and cringing from your foul stench! When your shipmates called you a stinking bag of seaweed, I don't think they meant it as idle banter.

On a more serious note, I've just recently come back and have been fiddling about with Grizelda the Hag and training skills until the treasure hunter changes come in then I'll be out in the field. I do, however, see a lot of people afoot later at night.

Hendric

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be back next week, and ready to be hoodwinked, and in general taken to the cleaners by nefarious sorts.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been traveling across state and hanging out with my brother who is leaving for the airport in like 8 hours haha. So I'll be back in action again unless I find some people to hang with or find some women in need of attention. :eyes:

And then in a few weeks it will be more classes and hopefully find a job, since my summer search was unsuccessful.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still gone.

Since my last constant presence on Catskills (right before Pike's vacation) yielded no results as far as role play activity outside of Scarst, I decided to take my own UO-vacation in hopes that my willingness to play will be refreshed.

I'll be back in two weeks (Next week I'm in Austria, then I have hopes to return).

We'll hold a couple of UP events after that ("Shipwrecked" and likely a themed tavern night... maybe insults, but only if you can talk Hook into showing his ugly mug) to see how things work out.

V

Victoria Navarre

When I am in the game,I can usually be found in Ice,Shame,or Deceit Dungeons.If not there,I would be mining/chopping wood near my plot on the road between Brit and Skara. I usually keep the general chat turned on.If you want to go hunting,or whatever, late nite/early morning just speak up in the general chat :)

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahoy Capn'!

I have not been around much the past 2 months; Kids out of school, busy at work, yard and garden to tend and all that fun stuff. As the summer winds down I plan to be more active.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm here, but just haven't been in the mood to log in very much. When I do I usually spend my time at my house working skills or other projects. Last night I burnt up some low end runics to unravel so my imbuer would have some residue to work with... if I ever get back to training him.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
A lot of people in my guild are making new characters, working skills, or taking a UO vacation (we all need one sometimes).

We are all hoping for an expansion to spark some UO interest is some that have been on a sabbatical.

Plus I've got guildmates having babies, getting new jobs, working offshore, taking vacations, and generally spending time with family. Some sort of "irl" I keep hearing about... I thought it was a myth or an old wive's tale myself, but it turns out there might be some truth to it after all. ;)

The rest of us can be found avoiding pirates because they smell of old fish and attract cats.

C

Corvak

Personally, I started working, and have been generally burned out on UO. Also, Starcraft 2 + WoW betaing.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't trust those whip wielding cookie peddlers as far as you can throw them.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You can't trust those whip wielding cookie peddlers as far as you can throw them.
There's mention of a release announcement that will be made at the Town Hall meeting on August 28th actually.
Promise I didn't make it up.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are currently talking about a buddy system for accounts similar to those that WoW uses. You have a friend sign up and when you and the friend are leveling together, your gains are increased.

I saw a post to this effect in one of the MMO magazines.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Release announcement could mean they've had enough and are releasing the hamsters into the wild and shutting down the game.

Hexen_Cats

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they will either make the game free with limits or announce an expansion. I doubt they would can the game right after doing a Database and Hardware upgrade

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was all hopeful for a pirate expansion...and then you all dashed my hopes... :(

*Goes back to corner*

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Digs under Norrar.* Excuse me, sir...Or ma'am, or whatever you are. Could you please step aside, this random treasure map location is under your corner there!

C

Corvak

The random maps sometimes show up in odd places....like Castle British.

Guards didnt believe me when I said theres "treasure in the treasure room" :(

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*moves to side*

You know... thats the first time ive been called a whatever...

*snatches treasure chest and bolts*

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Waits for them to get their whatever blown off when they open the chest.* Gwahahahahaaa! Feel the burn!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
According to the other thread everyone is playing CarTown and Farmville.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to play "block updates and invites from annoying facebook games from showing up in my news feed". I'm sooo good at it!

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy stirring up drama and having people fight each other on Facebook all whilst in my bunker 20 stories below ground. My object is to have open fighting in the streets by 2012 to bring about the end of the world single-handed! Then, when all seems lost I will emerge from my bunker and lead the people and henceforth they shall call me Lord British.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"You shall not pass!"
(That was my 9th grade English teacher by the way, not Gandolf.)

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think one of my favorite quotes is...

"The closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm"

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My absolute favorite!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins

Status
Not open for further replies.