• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where do you get a disguise kit?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get them from the Thief Guildmaster. All you have to do is walk up to them, say "Disguise kit," and they will sell it to you by you dragging gold onto them. Remember to say disguise kit first. Also you have to be in the thieves guild to get it.

The thieves guild doesn't have a hq really, you just join by finding the thief gm. You can find them in any city usually. Just look for a yellow name with Thief Guildmaster following the name. To join you say "[their name] join."

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Start with Cove. If you cant find the GM there... well, I wouldn't even know what to tell you.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always try Skara Brae since it's the smallest town linked to a moongate :D

S

Strato

I can't find cove, and Skara Brae has no thieves guild. I also talked to a thieves guild master in brit, but he only offered training, didn;t offer me to join

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On production shards you need at least 60 real stealing skill to join + 1 full week in-game on that char.

Are you just opening the context menu or actually saying "(npc's name) join" ?

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On production shards you need at least 60 real stealing skill to join + 1 full week in-game on that char.

Are you just opening the context menu or actually saying "(npc's name) join" ?
this is the action required. Also, it may be worth the walk to Cove (Check the stratics atlas, if you can't find it). I have heard some complain that the thieves guildmasters are actually thieves, or are bugged. Some will take your gold without joining you.

B

Belanos/Icicle

I always see a thief guildmaster at New Haven, usually just outside the front entrance by the moongate.

B

Belanos/Icicle

its the 'new' haven, after the old one was destroyed a few years ago

S

Shinobi

Ok check it. Quick summary for you.

Find the Thief Guildmaster or Guildmistress. It is a YELLOW NPC, ignoring blue NPCs should make things easier for you. Set a macro for All Names, and go into different towns repeatedly hitting the macro.

The hot spots to check are Fel Skara Brae, usually near the tailor shop, Fel Moonglow, usually near the healers' guild, Fel Cove pretty much anywhere since it's so small, and New Haven near the entrance or above the bank. Either Fel or Tram towns are fine, but I tend to check Fel more often.

When you find him/her, get within "touching" distance, and say their name, followed by "join". So if he's named John, it'd be "John join".

In order to join, you must have at least 60 REAL Stealing, and must be at least 48 in-game hours old on THAT char (they might have changed it to being 48 in-game hours AND have had that char for a week, not sure, haven't tested it). If you aren't 60 Stealing, he'll say you must at least be a Journeyman Pickpocket to join (at least I think he says Journeyman), and if you aren't old enough, he'll say you're too young, and to return in a week. Ignore this, because you could be one hour away from being allowed to join, and he'll still tell you to return in a week. This is just his macro, and should be changed because it can be confusing.

A good thing to do when trying to get to 48 in-game hours on your thief, is to just leave him online as much as possible. The best place to do this would be a well-populated bank, such as Luna or New Haven, where there is constant traffic. This traffic should keep you from being disconnected.
When he accepts you, he'll ask for 500 gold. You'll need to drop it on him within about 10 seconds, before the offer expires. Then, when in the guild, say "disguise" near him. Disguises cost 700 gold, and can be used multiple times.

After using a disguise, it'll change your name to some random NPC name. You can keep using it to "scroll through" the names, until you find one you want. There are a ton of names, so finding a certain one each time would be annoying.

It will also allow you to pick your new hair/facial hair. Your new hair will be white, which is a dead giveaway to anyone paying close attention, so use a normal hair dye after going into disguise. You can buy normal hair dye extremely cheap (I think like 30 gold) at an alchemist NPC vendor, like the one past the maze in moonglow.

The disguise lasts 2 in-game hours, and is extremely annoying when waiting for it to go away. If you log off and back on while disguised, your char name on your char list will be the disguised name. This is normal and will fix when it wears off. Odds are, when you use the disguise, your in-game macros will mess up. This is a stupid bug, just set them again.

After your disguise FINALLY wears off, your name changes back, and so does your appearance/macros. And yes, your dyed hair will go back to its original color. I only suggest using disguises when absolutely necessary, because they're pretty annoying, haha.

Hope that answered all of your questions.

P.S. I'm gonna try to get this post stickied in a new thread, to avoid this repeated convo in the future.