• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where do Auzzies play?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allo all. Just baught the game and am installing as i write this. Im wondering if like UO, do you have diff shards? and iff so, what one should i play on for best ping here in Australia?

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello! :)

Here is from the main Turbine site, which deals with all non-European Servers.

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/lotro.support/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=632

Question/Topic

Where are the servers located? I would like to know which, if any, are close to me in proximity.

Answer/Article

All of the servers are in our datacenter in the northeastern US. The datacenter has very high connectivity to all major backbone segments and should provide excellent performance in all the regions we serve with the game.

Translation: It doesn't matter where you live, in the regions we serve, the game should be highly responsive.

Try the /servertime or the /localtime while logged in-game for server times.

/servertime now properly reports the localtime of the server.
I do not know about the European Servers, the Support FAQ on the EU Site has no information about server location. I am pretty sure however, that Australia connects to Turbine's Servers (US Servers) as stated in the Article above.

http://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=126
Question/Topic

Is there an official Role-Playing server in LOTRO?

Answer/Article

There is no officlal Role-Playing server in LOTRO. Although one server may emerge as an unofficial Role-Playing server (Landroval), there are no plans to implement an official Role-Playing server.

There is a Role-Playing chat channel! RPC - Role-Playing chat channel. Tired of OOC? Turn on the RP filter and type to your fellow RPers with /rpc! Like other public channels, the Role-Playing channel is regional.
Look to the LOTRO Forums and the LOTRO Lorebook for more information on Role-Playing.

To flag yourself as a Role-Player, use the /rp on command. Your character's name will turn white, which other players can see.
To unflag yourself as a Role-Player, use the /rp off command. Your character's name will turn back to yellow.
As this second article stated, Landroval has become the "unofficial" Role-playing Server for the US Servers.

From the EU Website, Codemaster's EU Servers:
Are there dedicated Role-playing servers? (Last updated: 08-08-2007 09:04:14)

Yes, there are! We have one dedicated Role-play server per language:

[EN-RP] Laurelin - English language preferred RP server
[DE-RP] Belegaer - German language preferred RP server
[FR-RP] Estel - French language preferred RP server

For more information on what an RP server is, click here.
And..
Are there dedicated French and German language servers? (Last updated: 08-08-2007 09:03:34)

Yes, we have several language-preferred servers available for each language. Look for the tags [DE] or [FR] in the server name that denote a German or French language preferred server.
I have no clue how to read Japanese, but there may be some more information on http://www.lotro-japan.com/

Welcome to Middle-Earth! :)

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankie :D Hey wernt you a UOer?
Yep. :) Played UO for nearly all its lifespan. Baja & Origin shards. I was (mainly) Terraseer, Orvago, Tree Nymph, and Corellon (Baja) and Elminster Aumar, Orvago, Corellon, and Ciriyn Oakstone (Origin).

My original username before I moved to Origin from Baja here on Stratics was "terraseer". :)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on Landroval. It's supposed to be the unofficial roleplaying shard...er...server. I've seen some excellent roleplaying there too!
Playing a Loremaster.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks all! cant wait to get in and play. Gotta wait till my pay goes in before i can start. :rant2:

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Jahira!

Elendilmir Server is the Unoffical Aussie Server.

It is US based like the rest of course, but if you want a chance of getting round the clock (ie aussie time) fellowships etc Elendimir is your best bet.

Also i happen to think it is a great server, it certainly has one of the best/most organised monster play communities also with the best bet of round the cloak action thanks to all the aussies.

Im in Aurora Australis which is one of the biggest kins on Elendilmir and predominately aussie and a pretty good group of folks.

http://www.auroraaustraliskinship.info/phpbb3/

Hope to see you in LOTRO sometime, look me up on Feenicks or Feenary

(Feenicks is technically my main, but is a lvl 22 Captain, whereas im More likely to be or Feenary my level 50 Minstrel who has turned out to be more like my main for real)