• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where did everybody go?!?!?!

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Napa was a very active shard a week ago...
SA came out , I don't see a single soul in Fel.
There is only about 2-4 people at Luna bank daily..

WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO?!?!?!? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most everyone is out running in SA and the rest can't "hack it"...

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to WoW. I still have two active Napa accounts etc but I haven't played them in months.
It's likely I'll be leaving UO permanently sometime in the future because frankly, WoW is more fun.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to WoW. I still have two active Napa accounts etc but I haven't played them in months.
It's likely I'll be leaving UO permanently sometime in the future because frankly, WoW is more fun.
Kinda remember a quote some time ago you said, never figured you go to that game after how you worded it... kids played it prob 3 yrs now off & on, more off once he hit 80 on a couple of characters, in his words once you top out there is nothing to do, he has made & deleted I think 7 or 8 characters, just to keep it interesting. It's grind grind grind then nothing. Once upper leveled, it's group fighting only mostly :thumbdown:. Least in UO you can do your own thing :thumbsup:

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda remember a quote some time ago you said, never figured you go to that game after how you worded it... kids played it prob 3 yrs now off & on, more off once he hit 80 on a couple of characters, in his words once you top out there is nothing to do, he has made & deleted I think 7 or 8 characters, just to keep it interesting. It's grind grind grind then nothing. Once upper leveled, it's group fighting only mostly :thumbdown:. Least in UO you can do your own thing :thumbsup:
Wrath of the Lich King changed a lot and I was introduced to WoW by a friend and he gave me pointers etc. brought me on some dungeon runs and generally made me go "hmmm, this isn't as bad as I thought".
I did try WoW once before and uninstalled the trial after 3 hours, that's true :lol:
I guess this time there was someone there to hang out with and learn from and that made a difference. I'm now in a guild there and stuff and enjoying my time.

As for UO it's simple economics really, why pay for two accounts you're not going to be using.

This thread is still on topic (I think) the question was Where did everybody go?!?!?! and that is my answer :)

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, kid has the Lich King, he camped the EB Store @ midnight to get it lol. But ya, why pay if yer not gonna play... makes no sense at all. I will say though, there are a lot of new faces & lots of Old names popping back into Napa that I have not seen in ages. Is nice to see them, even if many had smoked my back side in Fel yrs ago. :thumbup:

F

five oclock

first off for quiting..Im in th same boat..BUT bank your good stuff :D

Second..Most people in Luna..Plus also the land is SO much larger now..its hard to find people..First it was just Fel..then fel and tram..Now theres Fel, Tram, Luna, Toko, Lost lands Fel and tram and other lands I know Im forgeting....

People are still here..Just more spread out :D

If ya ever see a polar bear on brit bank...Give him fish and ale tho :D

R

Richard Pryor

I'm fairly certain the minax people are stealing all the sigils still. You could join them and camp the other bases on the off chance that someone tries to steal one of them.

S

SpaceYourFace

I played WoW off an on for about 3 years, quit playing UO for about 2 1/2 years during this time. WoW is a blast for your very first character. Every time you level up high enough to go to a new area its cool as hell. Then you max out the character and you have fun doin raids and BGs and Arenas till you find out that youll never stay on top unless you play 24/7. After awhile it gets boring raidng and doing BGs. Then you start a new character and realize that your gonna do the same damn thing all over again. Same quests, same zones, same instances, same BGs and Raids when you level up. And then your gonna have to wait for 2 years for a new expansion to come out. They put out just enough new content to string you along. Grind, Grind, Grind for gear till new raid comes out and you gotta do it over again.

Im not saying dont play it, because its entertainment value is good for about 10 to 12 months. But you will be back to UO so make sure you dont sell your account.

Not It

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrmm why is the pvp gone down since SA? hrmm oh ya all the lil cheaters cant pvp without there easyuo and other cheats.. listening to them complain in vent about oh i cant pvp without.. just sad how these young punks just cant hang without cheats

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been busy with RL and then puttering around gathering imbuing ingredients. I would come let you kill me, but that would be the sum of it, you would kill me again and again :p

Not It

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been busy with RL and then puttering around gathering imbuing ingredients. I would come let you kill me, but that would be the sum of it, you would kill me again and again :p
Yes i would.. did last night and almost again if you didnt have your lil hwm healers helpin you out.. like i have always said. hwm is has been and always will be TRAMMIES.. all kill = no skill tell your hubby to come out of bank sittin so we have run him off too..lmfao

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have account open to old houses and castles for other people.... I havent been on UO in 2 months or more........ I dont know if ill be back either.....

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i would.. did last night and almost again if you didnt have your lil hwm healers helpin you out.. like i have always said. hwm is has been and always will be TRAMMIES.. all kill = no skill tell your hubby to come out of bank sittin so we have run him off too..lmfao
Idiot, I am not in HWM and no one in HWM healed me. And the only person who killed me last night was Harry ... nice try tho.

Not It

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idiot, I am not in HWM and no one in HWM healed me. And the only person who killed me last night was Harry ... nice try tho.
Not in HWM again.. hrmm did you and zared go into another guild and tear it up like you have every guild you 2 have been in since you 2 are cancer? Oh thats right.. you ran like a B&^%# when i had you redlined.. dont worry i will have PLENTY more chances with your newb @SS lol..

F

five oclock

TROLL TROLL FLAME FLAME FIGHT FIGHT...COme on Napa Lets get back into the flight....

Thats all...:D

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suspect you will see alot of people showing up around friday if certain information is correct.