• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where can I buy reg's in quantity?

T

Tre

I'm a returning player; been out several years. Where can I get reg's in good quantity? The mage shops used to spawn them in large quantities, but now I am only finding quantities of 20 at a time.
Any info would be appreciated!

T

Tre

I'm a returning player; been out several years. Where can I get reg's in good quantity? The mage shops used to spawn them in large quantities, but now I am only finding quantities of 20 at a time.
Any info would be appreciated!

G

You can still do the trick where if you buy out a mage shop of a particular regeant, it will restock x2 (or +20?) next time around. Just make yourself a runebook of mage shops and cycle thru them, chances are by the time you get back to the first one it will have more than what you bought (provided someone else hasn't bought them). You could also try the green thorns route but typically the mage shops work best. pack animals are your friend.

G

You can still do the trick where if you buy out a mage shop of a particular regeant, it will restock x2 (or +20?) next time around. Just make yourself a runebook of mage shops and cycle thru them, chances are by the time you get back to the first one it will have more than what you bought (provided someone else hasn't bought them). You could also try the green thorns route but typically the mage shops work best. pack animals are your friend.

T

Tre

Thanks Kask! I'll saddle up my packie.
I'm curious though, what is the 'green thorns' route (sorry, guess I've been out TOO long)?

T

Tre

Thanks Kask! I'll saddle up my packie.
I'm curious though, what is the 'green thorns' route (sorry, guess I've been out TOO long)?

G

green thorns you pay from players vendors. They are not that expensive. Once you buy a few, take them to a dirt patch (not sand or a field these cause different effects) use them a fountain of regs will spawn.

also you know that you can "build" a 100% lower reagents cost suit, so you use no regs when casting spells. the downside is that usually the resists on this suit sucks, so you have to find/replace/craft pieces to fit in. Usually people try to build the "perfect" mage suit which would be 100% lower reagent cost, 40% lower mana cost, 18 mana regeneration with all resists at 70.

also if you use a warrior save the regs from the monsters you kill, its not much while you are out hunting, but if you just throw them in a container in your warriors bank and check them after hunting every week, they add up. Also I save all my regs from my gm fisherman when he fishes up treasure chest.
Do you have a house already? If so and it not a castle or keep try to find a spring decor token. Use it to claim the blessed statue, which when secured in your house will spawn regs everyday, now yes it just one reg pile (example 20 blackpearl) everyday, but again they are free.

G

green thorns you pay from players vendors. They are not that expensive. Once you buy a few, take them to a dirt patch (not sand or a field these cause different effects) use them a fountain of regs will spawn.

also you know that you can "build" a 100% lower reagents cost suit, so you use no regs when casting spells. the downside is that usually the resists on this suit sucks, so you have to find/replace/craft pieces to fit in. Usually people try to build the "perfect" mage suit which would be 100% lower reagent cost, 40% lower mana cost, 18 mana regeneration with all resists at 70.

also if you use a warrior save the regs from the monsters you kill, its not much while you are out hunting, but if you just throw them in a container in your warriors bank and check them after hunting every week, they add up. Also I save all my regs from my gm fisherman when he fishes up treasure chest.
Do you have a house already? If so and it not a castle or keep try to find a spring decor token. Use it to claim the blessed statue, which when secured in your house will spawn regs everyday, now yes it just one reg pile (example 20 blackpearl) everyday, but again they are free.

G

Green thorns can do a couple things depending on WHERE you plant it.

In a plowed field a Vorpal Bunny appears ... best have fast ALL KILL skills for that bugger. Used to be some decent loot but not sure now. Do it in a corral like that in SE Moonglow so the bunny can't run off ... and this bloke is a nice neon blue.

In a dirt patch or even dirt path, it will sprout a random flurry of regs ... counts can be anywhere from 10 to near 40 for any one reg. Eight spawns ... suggest using CTRL-SHIFT for the object handles. Click reg handle, drag/drop on your character.

There is a timer betwen plantings. You double-click the thorn, target where to plant it.

G

Green thorns can do a couple things depending on WHERE you plant it.

In a plowed field a Vorpal Bunny appears ... best have fast ALL KILL skills for that bugger. Used to be some decent loot but not sure now. Do it in a corral like that in SE Moonglow so the bunny can't run off ... and this bloke is a nice neon blue.

In a dirt patch or even dirt path, it will sprout a random flurry of regs ... counts can be anywhere from 10 to near 40 for any one reg. Eight spawns ... suggest using CTRL-SHIFT for the object handles. Click reg handle, drag/drop on your character.

There is a timer betwen plantings. You double-click the thorn, target where to plant it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's also the Grizelda the Hag quest, off the road between Yew & Skara. The payout for each quest includes 2k gold, a random t-map and 30 of each mage reg.

Level 1 maps can be done with 50 magery (to open the chest) and cartography in the low 30s (And IIRC can be done by people with no cart, if someone has decoded the map already). You can do about 10-20 level 1 maps in an hour (with a good set of rune books, like a t-map rune library), and each level 1 map gives 3 piles of 40-50 random regs (mage and necro).

Either of these are good things to do for more regs, while waiting for a bought-out vendor to respawn with the doubled amounts.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's also the Grizelda the Hag quest, off the road between Yew & Skara. The payout for each quest includes 2k gold, a random t-map and 30 of each mage reg.

Level 1 maps can be done with 50 magery (to open the chest) and cartography in the low 30s (And IIRC can be done by people with no cart, if someone has decoded the map already). You can do about 10-20 level 1 maps in an hour (with a good set of rune books, like a t-map rune library), and each level 1 map gives 3 piles of 40-50 random regs (mage and necro).

Either of these are good things to do for more regs, while waiting for a bought-out vendor to respawn with the doubled amounts.

G

Well you may not like my method, but here it is. I usually take a day off work (no kidding) and wake up early. I start buying regs from the vendor in Brit, then recall to the next city. I do this until they all reach 999 and then I keep going as long as I can. I usually end up with about 300k each reg. No, you can't have any I need them for my vendors. LOL

G

Well you may not like my method, but here it is. I usually take a day off work (no kidding) and wake up early. I start buying regs from the vendor in Brit, then recall to the next city. I do this until they all reach 999 and then I keep going as long as I can. I usually end up with about 300k each reg. No, you can't have any I need them for my vendors. LOL

J

joblackjon

Tre, since you've been away for a long time, I have to ask: do you know about LRC items? If you have 100% LRC you don't use any regs for Magery but only Magery.

J

joblackjon

Tre, since you've been away for a long time, I have to ask: do you know about LRC items? If you have 100% LRC you don't use any regs for Magery but only Magery.

T

Tre

Thanks everyone for all the input!!

I'm slowly figuring it all out,
like LRC.....
I got some LRC pieces, and proudly marched into the reg shop anxious to take advantage of my 'Lower Reg Cost'. The NPC cashier totaled me up, but my reg's were NOT 10% lower as advertised. After yelling at the cashier for 5 minutes, she called over the NPC manager. Just before he threw me out, he explained to me that the my goofy-looking LRC hat (HEY, I thought I looked good in it) entitled me to EXPEND lest regs casting spells, and NOT a discount at the reg shop.
I hope it's the last time that I get a message like that from an NPC: "Begging thy parden, but thou doest not have enough intelligence to buy that item".

T

Tre

Thanks everyone for all the input!!

I'm slowly figuring it all out,
like LRC.....
I got some LRC pieces, and proudly marched into the reg shop anxious to take advantage of my 'Lower Reg Cost'. The NPC cashier totaled me up, but my reg's were NOT 10% lower as advertised. After yelling at the cashier for 5 minutes, she called over the NPC manager. Just before he threw me out, he explained to me that the my goofy-looking LRC hat (HEY, I thought I looked good in it) entitled me to EXPEND lest regs casting spells, and NOT a discount at the reg shop.
I hope it's the last time that I get a message like that from an NPC: "Begging thy parden, but thou doest not have enough intelligence to buy that item".