Where Are They Now?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In building on our rich history, we'd like to take a moment to reflect on those citizens of Britannia who no longer walk among us in a series called, "Where Are They Now?". Who -were- those hooded strangers who jumped us all as we left the woods of West Brit? Who defended people against them? Who helped take on our first champ spawns and what kinds of beasts are they now off hunting? Who built the Mage Tower, or Avalon, or Lumaria and what have they moved on to build? What ever happened to....?

We're asking for your help. We'd like as many retired players as we can find to tell us their story. For all of you who have connections with players who have moved on (hint, hint, to you talented forum trolls), we encourage you to reach out to retired players and see if they'll take a moment to send us a brief response to the questionnaire below.

We'll highlight some of the responses here on Stratics and try to find ways to incorporate many of the in-character responses back into Britannia in some form or another.

---

What was your character name?

When did you play UO?

Which guild(s) did you belong to?

How did you originally come to Britannia?
Interpret this how you like.

Please share a story with us from your days in Baja.

(In-character responses welcome!) Some ideas include:

-What did you originally intend your character to be? How did that change from your "mature" character? What changed you?

-Share a story about your character or from your character's perspective. Imagine you're telling this tale by the campfire or that your tale may be retold. What epic things happened to you or were you involved with?

-Who influenced you or helped you as you played?

-What's something (place, event, guild, etc) that you consider to be an important part of Baja history and how were you a part of it?

What are your best memories from UO?

Where are you now? Interpret this as you like. You could tell us what games you're playing now, what you've moved on to do, or "the fate" of the character we knew and how they left Britannia. Did you sail away in search of something? Step into a moongate to lands unknown? Is your body suspended in ether in someone's basement?

Anything else you'd like to relay to the current citizens of Baja?

---

Please send responses to [email protected]. Old dusty screenshots are welcome. Late responses as you stumble across this in a message board two years from now are also very welcome.

Our history is rich. We want to tell your story. Thanks for your help!

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2008
Great idea Brytt. There are a lot of guys I played with back in 99'-01' I'd like to hear from. I hope it gets a large response.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Hail Brytt and Friends,

I also wish to applaud this effort. I have forwarded this Thread to other Forums for UO fans I participate on, and I have emailed it friends I know who played, and for various reasons, now do not play.

I shall continue to beg and plead with all those to come here and post a submission.

An SoS