• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are the Raptors?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trying to find exact location. Can a rune be marked to where they spawn? Please don't respond with "They are in Ter-Mur" Of course they are. I was hoping for a more exact location. This map: does not have any exact arrows pointing to the location. But helps me only a little: http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=atlas&id=2755
Screen shot if ya can, or pm me if you'll take me there.

also.... I haven't been able to find the skree's either.

Just trying to fill my "taming spots" runebook. And not having much help in the smamming department around Luna and N.Haven. I'll be on Hagrid running around if you see me, give me a shout. ^.^

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't find anyone to help you out by the time I get home (6:30ish Eastern time), I have a rune that I use to farm dragons blood, right into the raptor area. I think I know the location on that map you posted, but it's so tiny my eyes hurt trying to find the spot.

If you don't get directions by the time I get home drop me an ICQ/PM. I can take you there.

I *think* I circled the area they are in. But I'm not positive.

Attachments

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aww, thank you Black Sun. I am actually currently in that area now. I found a snake charmer named: Sarpanzenexlem but yeah, thank you, I'll let ya know.

Update:

Ok, strike that. I found them. Thank you for the map Black Sun. They are just past the "southern bridge" after I went through an iron gate. Not to far to the left of the snake charmer dude. Now... Lets see if I can tame one. Thanks again. =-)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can usually find some Skree hanging out in that same general area as the raptors.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can usually find some Skree hanging out in that same general area as the raptors.

I'll make a note of it. I just tamed my first two raptors. Those trapdoor spiders are a pain though. Now to find those skree's. Oh.. how many control slots do they use?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, those trapdoor spiders are a real pain. They got me good when I first ran into them. Sneaky little buggers.

Not sure on the number of slots a skree takes, I've never tamed one. I can't imagine it'd be more than one though. I can take them out with my warrior with no real effort. I can't do that with a nightmare, and they're 2 slot pets, stands to reason (at least in my mind) that a skree should only be 1 slot.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A skree is a four slot pet.

Don't ask anybody why... Even well trained, they're hardly a help.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 slots? Seriously? :eek:
I don't know what the dev team was on when they came up with that idea, but it'd be nice if they could share it with the rest of us.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They use mysticism and sleep a lot or used to still you're right they aren't a 4 slot worthy pet.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least a 4 slot squirrel is cute and doesn't screech like a mongbat.

But for some reason, I can't get rid of my "Nibbles". I keep thinking some day he may kick tail.

It also took me a long long time to get rid of my pet reptalon as well... so maybe I'm just hopeful.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also find a skree or two just north of the abandoned village that's across the water to the east of the Holy City. There are mongbats, regular snakes, and the occasional void creature in that area too, but otherwise it's pretty quiet.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a more non-dangerous place than I just went to get my first skree?! I found mine tword the southern end of Ter Mur. Kinda west of the snake charmer guy. In what seemed to be a breeding ground for the Raptors. It was near a circular pond with a muddled piece of land in the center of it. And WOW, those Raptors like to gang up on ya. The Skree managed to kill me (with the aid of the raptor hoard) once, I didn't realize that he would have a fit the first time I tried to tame him.

But yeah, I'm putting together a labeled map of Ter Mur now, I'll post it once I'm done.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also find a skree or two just north of the abandoned village that's across the water to the east of the Holy City. There are mongbats, regular snakes, and the occasional void creature in that area too, but otherwise it's pretty quiet.

I just gotta find what is called the "Holy City" now. but ty for the heads up, I'll take a peek there.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Holy City is the only city in Ter Mur. Most people just say Ter Mur because it sounds better I guess.
The Holy City is kind of a lame name for a town anyway if you ask me.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just gotta find what is called the "Holy City" now. but ty for the heads up, I'll take a peek there.
To get to the less dangerous skree taming area without having a rune marked to it, here is what you could do:

Take the bridge NE of the Ter Mur moongate across to the area where the toxic sliths hang out. Head south, following the landmass as it winds down towards the bottom of the map. Eventually you will pass the area where regular sliths hang out and just before you reach the abandoned village, you should see a skree or two.

Hope that helps.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked again, and now I have conflicting info. One site says the main city is Royal City, and one says Holy City. I just assumed the first info I found was correct, because the other "cities" don't really feel much like cities to me.

But anyway, the spot that Bob was wondering about that Gortman suggested is east of the big populated city with the palace in it.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget to make frequent use of the best maps any UO player has made:

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/guide/termur.htm

The "safe" skree spawn is east of Royal City and north of Eastern Refuge on the map. You'll see the occasional silver serpent and slith out there, but nothing too bad.

(I still can't believe after years that "silver serpent" isn't too bad... I shudder at the memories of yore!)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Whoa Petra... you take a wrong turn somewhere and end up in Catskills?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aww, thank you everyone. =-) You guys are always so nice to me. Throughout all the years I've been on here I still haven't been able to give up my newbie questions that I post on here. *sheds a tear* And believe me, I don't know that I'll ever run out of questions, Ultima Online is a massive, massive world with lots of things in it.

There should be an exclusive version of Jeopardy Ultima Online edition sometime to see who out there (EM or anyone) knows the most about this game. Surly there can't be anyone who can claim to know everything about UO... Can there? I'd never make it past the qualifying round. =-P