• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are the GMS when you need them?

K

King

Hey, whats up?
I'll tell you whats up.
Unfairness.

I get banned for 48 hours because I say the "r word", but when other people in the chat spam and scream vulgarity, the gms basically say to me "we dont care, you suck."

And then boom. Im kicked, and yelling in my house ensues.
Do the GMs pay ANY attention to the chat at ALL?

I mean, come on! You guys SUCK!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
There doesn't seem to be a lot of continuity between GMs. Forrest Gump would say that GMs are like a box of chocolates . . .

N

Nastia Cross

Instead of taking your rage out on the GMs, how about owning up to the fact that you said a bannable word.

K

King

Instead of taking your rage out on the GMs, how about owning up to the fact that you said a bannable word.
I admit I said a bannable word.
But what about all the other players in chat, doing the same?
:confused:

N

Nastia Cross

If they're using that word, then they should be banned. But cursing is really not bannable.

B

Bill Gates OSD

There ARE kids playing the game.
WGAFF? Seriously. The game has a mature rating, there should not be 9 year old children playing it and even if they are, there are profanity filters.

N

Nastia Cross

WGAFF? Seriously. The game has a mature rating, there should not be 9 year old children playing it and even if they are, there are profanity filters.
Exactly. The OP needs to grow up and quit blaming other people. Enjoy your 48 hour ban. Maybe you'll learn this time.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
UO is rated "Teen": Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive seen people in chat typing the R word bu changing the first letter so they cant get banned...

Like its not hard to tell what there trying to say , when its them killing others..and boasting about it in world chat...

Plus i find ignore helps alot lately...GL been getting a little wild...

N

Nastia Cross

Ive seen people in chat typing the R word bu changing the first letter so they cant get banned...

Like its not hard to tell what there trying to say , when its them killing others..and boasting about it in world chat...

Plus i find ignore helps alot lately...GL been getting a little wild...
You can still get banned even if you change the letter to a symbol. All it takes is one person to page on you.

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this post has more to say than a player getting banned for bad language which is not tolerated yet players get away with it. I believe the filter bad language can fix that and yes certain words "should not" be used as in the "R" word, however the many times I have heard the "N" word used and called a gm multiple times, to get a message which instructs me to write a novel on my problem, I have never seen a response or anything done with the players who use them. If EA and UO want to harp on bad words, then why is racist and anti Semitic slurs allowed in game? And as far as GMs showing up for any problem, don't waste your time. I find calling on a gm equivalent to beating a dead horse. Now this wasn't always the case but the past 5 years, a GM response is non-existent but they are quick to pull the "message" at top left which in my opinion is another way for the GMs to say, "Stop bothering me!" If you are a GM and reading this, then prove us different.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMHO- The GMs are one big, fat joke. I mean if they'd inforce the TOS/ROC it'd be one thing, but they half-arse inforce it and barely that.

Okay I'll use some of my own expirences from the last 9 yrs of playing UO. I'll break it down as "cases" for ya.

case 1# - This happen in 2003 after AoS had launched. On Legends (AOL Legends back then) we had a real "genius" create a guild named Necrophiles.
For those of you that don't know the definition of Necrophile is someone that find a corpse sexually attractive. Okay if that isn't enough to make ya go "ewwwwwwww" then one of their equally brilliant guildmates had the guild title of "Pedophile". Okay for the one person that might not know a pedophile is a person who finds children sexually attractive...ie A CHILD MOLESTER! Well me and several other players paged a GM and complained as the names obviously violated the TOS/ROC. The GMs wouldn't do anything, I even had one tell me and 5 other players who'd paged there was NOTHING WRONG with the names. Gee, with a guild title like pedophile being allowed why don't ya roll out the welcome mat for every perverted, scum, skel! Well it took a group of us three months but we finally got something done about it.

Case 2# This was around the time of SE release another "genius" on Legends decided to make a character named "Big Stinkin Injun". Okay for those of you that are not Native American or a member of The First Nations(Canadian) the word "injun" is a racial slur like the N word to a African-American person.
Ya darn tootin I paged! I was told by a GM that it was A OKAY NAME! WTH!
Well, karma will bite you in ya butt and the guy got his, hehehe got banned for cheating!

Case 3# I mentioned this in another post but I'll repeat it here too. I have had a "genius" that started harassing and stalking mein game back on July 3rd and has continued until september. During that time I and others have paged on the creep and nothing has ever happened to him. I have taken to playing alt. chars. and putting my main char in mothballs. I considered renaming the char but my friends and my sister talked me out of it. Their arguement was why should I have to change anything, when I have done nothing wrong. This genius is such a jerk he and his cronies trashed the Greater Dragon Tournament event on Legends. Poor EM Helios had to call in Mesanna and STILL nothing happens to this creep. Well I have a strategy to deal with him: 1- play alt chars, 2-stay the heck out of the chat, its a cesspool and the WORST idea a dev team has ever had, 3-use ignore whenever possible but I found out this guy plays his friends accounts so its like cast of thousands and 4-if the first three fail I find verbal emasculation to work rather well....I told the whole shard he had anger issues because he was "hung like a wittle parakeet"! He's left me the heck alone since, but I also don't play very much either.

Anyway I hope this illustrates that GMs have consistantly FAILED to inforce the TOS/ROC over the years. I think they should toss out the GMs and the TOS/ROC its not like its ever really been inforced.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
case 1# - This happen in 2003 after AoS had launched. On Legends (AOL Legends back then) we had a real "genius" create a guild named Necrophiles.
For those of you that don't know the definition of Necrophile is someone that find a corpse sexually attractive. Okay if that isn't enough to make ya go "ewwwwwwww" then one of their equally brilliant guildmates had the guild title of "Pedophile". Okay for the one person that might not know a pedophile is a person who finds children sexually attractive...ie A CHILD MOLESTER! Well me and several other players paged a GM and complained as the names obviously violated the TOS/ROC. The GMs wouldn't do anything, I even had one tell me and 5 other players who'd paged there was NOTHING WRONG with the names. Gee, with a guild title like pedophile being allowed why don't ya roll out the welcome mat for every perverted, scum, skel! Well it took a group of us three months but we finally got something done about it.
Gross.

Case 2# This was around the time of SE release another "genius" on Legends decided to make a character named "Big Stinkin Injun". Okay for those of you that are not Native American or a member of The First Nations(Canadian) the word "injun" is a racial slur like the N word to a African-American person.
Ya darn tootin I paged! I was told by a GM that it was A OKAY NAME! WTH!
Well, karma will bite you in ya butt and the guy got his, hehehe got banned for cheating!
That's not a racial slur. It's a term a group has decided was offensive. In reality it's slang, and calling it offensive is a means of making fun of a particularly uneducated group of people's terrible grasp of the English language.

Case 3# I mentioned this in another post but I'll repeat it here too. I have had a "genius" that started harassing and stalking mein game back on July 3rd and has continued until september.
Stalking. You insult multiple people continually and are repeatedly insulted back by a large group of players. Many of those players do not even like one another but you insist they are the same person. I believe your reputation on legends speaks for itself on matters of this sort, and you've even admitted to suffering from foot in mouth disorder.
During that time I and others have paged on the creep and nothing has ever happened to him.
If you systematically **** off nearly every pvper on a shard, you and your friends merely believe are the same person, it's unlikely that anyone will be banned but you and your friends for harassment and wasting the time of GMs.
I have taken to playing alt. chars. and putting my main char in mothballs. I considered renaming the char but my friends and my sister talked me out of it. Their arguement was why should I have to change anything, when I have done nothing wrong.
So you've been so unbearable and have so discredited your own name that you've had to consider abandoning it in shame...
This genius is such a jerk he and his cronies trashed the Greater Dragon Tournament event on Legends.
The participants in the contest, according to Helios himself, massively abused being friended to his dueling arena and got spectators killed. You yourself were implicated as one of the offenders by your own admission.
Poor EM Helios had to call in Mesanna and STILL nothing happens to this creep.
Mesanna was called in at the request of myself after Helios' poor judgment and his participants abuse of being friended resulted in several players being stuck in an x field with no ability to teleport. The ultimate issue was Helios was unaware that blues would abuse power when they saw people who ordinarily play reds on rule abiding spectator chars.

Well I have a strategy to deal with him: 1- play alt chars,
This is really the activity of someone hiding from their own bad behavior. Not the behavior of some innocent bystander.
2-stay the heck out of the chat, its a cesspool and the WORST idea a dev team has ever had,
Agreed. Chat is full of filth.
3-use ignore whenever possible but I found out this guy plays his friends accounts so its like cast of thousands
This is typical conspiracy theorist behavior. "I'm not crazy! It's just 1 guy magically playing 3275632475 chars!" It might be that you've engaged in all of the filthy behaviors you accused myself and half the legends pvp community of.
and 4-if the first three fail I find verbal emasculation to work rather well....I told the whole shard he had anger issues because he was "hung like a wittle parakeet"! He's left me the heck alone since, but I also don't play very much either.
This is humorous. You've basically accused yourself of being a rumor and filth monger of the sort you claimed to decry. And weren't you engaging in a self imposed silence because you found your poor behavior resulted in less than friendly responses?

Anyway I hope this illustrates that GMs have consistantly FAILED to inforce the TOS/ROC over the years. I think they should toss out the GMs and the TOS/ROC its not like its ever really been inforced.
Indeed, if the behavior, you yourself have admitted to ENGAGING in has been allowed, we can pretty much expect that the Terms of Service do allow a wide berth.