• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are the city names in EA Land?

• Thread starter imported_Starrfoxx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Starrfoxx

I haven't seen a post on this yet, but I was wondering why the city names aren't showing in EA Land. There are two cities open: one is the map for TC3, and the other is a new one I haven't seen. But in either city, it says "EA Land".

Are we going to lose all of our city names after they all merge into EA Land? That would be a shame, because I rather like the names of Alphaville, Calvin's Creek, Dan's Grove, etc.

G

There will only be two: TC3 and EA-Land.

I don't know about EA-Land (I'm not a paid subscriber), but I noticed that TC3's map, although existing as one large contiguous map, is still sectioned off into the individual city map areas. Click on one, and the map zooms in to the more familiar city map.

I'm still exploring this...

D

DGLita

I remember a conversation with Parizad about this, apparently each block on the map is going to be called EA Land. And of course the whole city is called EA Land, so confusion reigns before its even started.

G

I think what Starrfoxx is referring to is having the old city names displayed at EA-Land zoom level like neighborhood names are at city zoom level.

D

DGLita

Yes thats what I mean too, Parizad was keen for the old names to be displayed, but a higher authority decided against it, hence global view and city view on all the blocks will just be named EA Land

I

imported_Starrfoxx

Yeah,I was referring to the city view zoom. That's a bummer if it's all going to be called EA Land. With a map so big, it seems like it would make more sense to keep the individual city names on the EA Land map. Or perhaps they could do something like: EA Land - Alphaville, or EA Land - Blazing Falls, when you zoom in to city mode.

G

I have to agree. Even in RL, large cities are often broken down into neighborhoods or boroughs.

I'm sorry, but - to me, "EA Land" is nothing more than the result of some stuffy corporate executive stifling any and all attempts at creativity.

"We are Electronic Arts. All creativity will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

-Kat, wondering when all sims will be required to wear suits and carry briefcases everywhere they go...