• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where are everyone, why are you not ingame (Poll)

What stop you from playing

• Busy real life

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Orange flaging in battle towns, towns should be safe

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • To hard to but a suit together with new loot

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • To hard to find a vendor selling what I need

• Vendor fee to high both on normal and stall vendors

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • To many stealthers, I never see anyone

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • To hard to find a fight

• I get killed to much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noone are buying my wares

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • To hard to make gold for the stuff I need

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The shard is dead, hard to find someone ho play with

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • None of this above

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's very sad to see, that even when we just got a new Public, it's Halloween and RTB, the shard seem dead.
Why do we not see a lot hunt for new loot, do traders quests, do VvV, stock vendors or just hang out together or fight.
Please post why you don't feel like playing, your opinion matter if we want to get the shard back to life.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love playing and i do when ever i get the chance. TBH you probally would never see me, other then the fact that i occasionally talk in general chat, why? because im out playing the game somewhere. Not into VvV , not into yew fighting, not into luna fighting, i enjoy playing everywhere else. But seriously ive just been really busy, life gets in the way of UO alot especially lately, so that brings me back to my first statement I play as often as i can, this is still the best game ever and i enjoy playing

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's my birthday. I'd love to be playing UO right now but others have made different plans for me today.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been busy decorating my rl yard for Halloween !

I have logged in a few accts. for RTB though. I been trying to get someone to pk me on my Tyme Warp chr. so far no luck on Siege though getting pk'd yall are FIRED !! I had to get pkd by a GRIMM Jackolantern in a garden in Brit. lol

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love playing and i do when ever i get the chance. TBH you probally would never see me, other then the fact that i occasionally talk in general chat, why? because im out playing the game somewhere. Not into VvV , not into yew fighting, not into luna fighting, i enjoy playing everywhere else.
And the "somewhere" includes chasing poor Zalfein out of an idoc ;-) Was nice seeing you around.

I converted my stealth/ninja/miner into a wraith archer for the void pool. I've been too lazy to do anything with him since, why people see me running naked with a bow. I'm starting to think that stealth shouldn't work out in the open. Daylight should reveal everyone. It sure would make things a little more interesting.

Zalfein

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was working 100 hours per week in August, now I'm down to 66 hours per week.

Still don't have time to play SP. Next year I hope to drop my workload down to 50 or 40 hours if I'm lucky. Although it looks like another year of hard labor to go........

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
busy real life, plus bad season for me with my allergies benadryl makes me tired, then I look over at the dog laying on the couch. lol then that is it have to go cuddle with her hour or so later I'm waking up
but been on here uo only trick or treat on orgins til comes live to other shards. I only like to trick or treat in oct.
haven't been on with Glen that much lately. once it snows allergies clear up best time of the year for me

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm on vacation and hope to be in game more soon.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty much out of UO every year from May through Mid October. Just started logging in regularly again last week and putting my floating houses back up :) Still have one more major project to get done in 2014 and once the new high tunnel is up and functional I will be in game a lot more......... Until next May when the cycle starts all over again, been this way with me and UO since the dawn of UO time :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RL does do it, even when my accts. were all active, Oct. is sometimes just busy with Halloween and football. I am a football addict, I watch the Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, and other Great Lakes nfl teams and Ohio State Buckeyes, and GO ol Miss Rebel college football teams. :) But aside from finally filling out your query with busy rl, for me the nail in the coffin was the new messed up Acct. Management system. :( Never got it to work properly for me and thus my demise from playin UO on the main 4 accts. that I had going for 12+ yrs. strong. I still miss the simpler easy no frills no links no hassle old accts. management system we once had..easy peasy pay ur bill per acct. I did them for 90 days per every time, and you were good to go and to play, without linking and all that stuffs. And I do miss this game, been logging in on RTB and ....still no one pk my chrs yet on SIEGE and I been looking to get pkd and DIE.. yall fail !!! lol But I did manage to pick up an abandoned old cat statuette from some IDOC on Siege that apparently no one wanted the poor orphaned old cat statue and there it sat on the ground and I scooped it up and banked it. :) I can't remember which of my RTB chrs. on what acct. I did that with but, cat is banked !

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have yet to reinstate my account. Sieges numbers are still dropping and it was a ghost town when I left almost a year ago.
There still isn't any advertisement for UO. You still cannot walk into a game store and get any updated disk allowing fast access to the game (install wise). Even when I talk to multiple people in every gaming store I visit, (90%) of the people I talk to have never heard of the game, and the other 10% just look at me like I'm a idiot for staying with it or are confused its even still running.

Someone somewhere is still investing into the game or they're just using the current income in an attempt to bale water out of a slowly sinking boat.

Bottom line is I want to see advertising, or ANY investment into this game so I know they're IN SOME WAY trying to get a new people. Whether its old users or new faces, I WANT SOMETHING that tells me there's still a dedicated person envisioning a future for both UO and Siege Perilous.

Long Live Siege Perilous

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Real life, poor health that leaves me flat on my back by the end of the working day.
Someone needs to craft a few extra days into the week.
There are days when I wish that I could seal myself in a room with Ultima and an endless supply of snacks - but that would be terribly selfish of me.
Too many people depend on me NOT being sealed in a room!
Maybe one day... keep the place standing until that day arrives, friends!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have too many broken bones to sit at the computer for very long. I didn't see that on the list, Freja!!!

MANSBETH

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get to play as often as I would like too.
RL....
Work,Work,Work!
BTW...Your Castle is Sweet!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used RTB to check out what's new... I logged in for the first week or two of October and saw no more than 3 people in 10 days. Also, they were the same people every night. Not sure what has happened to this place over the past few years, but it's a ghost town.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Real life, poor health that leaves me flat on my back by the end of the working day.
Someone needs to craft a few extra days into the week.
There are days when I wish that I could seal myself in a room with Ultima and an endless supply of snacks - but that would be terribly selfish of me.
Too many people depend on me NOT being sealed in a room!
Maybe one day... keep the place standing until that day arrives, friends!
Look forward to that day, old friend. I placed a home just behind yours recently.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have too many broken bones to sit at the computer for very long. I didn't see that on the list, Freja!!!
I hope your bones will heal well, we miss you here * Try to give Kat a hug without it hurt*

Reactions: Kat

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
BTW...Your Castle is Sweet!

I used RTB to check out what's new... I logged in for the first week or two of October and saw no more than 3 people in 10 days. Also, they were the same people every night. Not sure what has happened to this place over the past few years, but it's a ghost town.
It comes in waves, this month had been very slow.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In the last week or so I've seen more people than I usually do at the time I play, but being British I'm not on when I assume most people are

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
In the last week or so I've seen more people than I usually do at the time I play, but being British I'm not on when I assume most people are
Yes it look like it goes a little better now, maybe players are getting use to this risk for orange flagging. The new public sure did freeze the shard, first when we was waiting for it and then because of that stupid flagging.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is more probable that it is no longer summer and people are coming back to the game. So it seems from the chatter in General Chat from new and returning players. RtB seems to have only nabbed a couple of veteran players. It would have been nice to have seen a few more familiar faces. At some point we have to accept that is very difficult to draw people in to a 17 year old MMO that still charges a $13 subscription. Its sort of like getting Sports Illustrated subscribers to drop their free digital subscriptions and pony up $19/month for bi-monthly paper edition.

MsCC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
RL problems, had to go out of state on family matters, came back and went to a convention, came home and banged up my foot ( 3 broken toes and 1 broken metatarsal) now can't sit at computer for very long because of foot. Be back when I can.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
RL problems, had to go out of state on family matters, came back and went to a convention, came home and banged up my foot ( 3 broken toes and 1 broken metatarsal) now can't sit at computer for very long because of foot. Be back when I can.
Damn one more with broken bones. Hope your food will heal well, I miss you.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too busy with work and college. Plus with freetime, I got better things to do or other games to waste time in (Destiny on Xbox One). I left UO because it got boring and my want to return is slightly there, mainly cause I loved the game, but I dont think there is anyone left to play with or anything really exciting to do. When you have most of what you need, whats the point? Even though I sold everything before I left, if I came back there is nothing I would even need to start up. They should really re-vamp the entire game and update the graphics and start anew. Maybe Shroud of the Avatar will be a good game similar to UO.

B

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Work...work...and more work. *sigh*.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's very sad to see, that even when we just got a new Public, it's Halloween and RTB, the shard seem dead.
Why do we not see a lot hunt for new loot, do traders quests, do VvV, stock vendors or just hang out together or fight.
Please post why you don't feel like playing, your opinion matter if we want to get the shard back to life.
Non boss (and even then) loot drops are still generally meh compared to imbued stuff (in my opinion) and anyway, you could get them in shame, wrong, etc before and they were pretty dead dungeons anyway.
Trade quests are sort of fun for a few days, then it's just tedious (and sort of expensive) running.
"Halloween" quest is just a grind fest with rewards no one cares about that are too hard to get, and since it's in just one place it makes you a target. As for the actual Halloween content everyone got their pumpkins last year.
VvV I don't know because I'm not interested, but just seems like an underwhelming systeme to me.

Those are my guesses.

Don't really think there's much to do about it. Organize some group spawns or something?

I'm playing more than I had been in months honestly, but I'm mainly just decoing my house heh.