• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

where am I??

• Thread starter imported_MollyG
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_MollyG

I changed my category from skill house to money house a couple days ago. Since then the property cannot be seen on the map in any category. I waited for the daily updated, just in case, but still not there. Again today, while I was on the property, I asked someone to check - again, not there. I have double checked that I have the house open and it is. SO - what am i doing wrong.

M

Monkeybear

You need to gain hours and get on the top 100, even if you are on the top 100 there is a possibility that your house won't show up on the map filters.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Wait, can you not find your house?
Or do you not see it on the lists or maps?

If you can't find it period, thats a problem...

If you don't see it on any lists or the map its because either your property doesn't have enough hours to be on the list yet or you don't have enough people on your property to show up on the map.

I

imported_MollyG

How many people need to be in the house in order for it to show up on the map. I've had three there and still nothing on the map. Also, how would anyone know to stop and visit if it's not showing up on the map in the first place when I'm there. This didn't happen when I was a skilling house, only now.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I think its always been that way.

It used to be 3 people would get you on the list, maybe that has changed because we have many cities into one list?

I know recently we got a property on the map with 3 sims.
I also know the properties that show up on the map randomly change...

I think we should all meet at your house tonight and get you on the map

I

imported_Qute Pi

Woot Party at Mollys (whatever her sims name is) house tonight! hehe

I'll be around after 6, count me in!

I

imported_MollyG

Great - I'm Molly G as a simmie too. And the house is Molly G's Jammayamma (or something like that

G

<blockquote><hr>

How many people need to be in the house in order for it to show up on the map. I've had three there and still nothing on the map. Also, how would anyone know to stop and visit if it's not showing up on the map in the first place when I'm there. This didn't happen when I was a skilling house, only now.

[/ QUOTE ]It takes at least two visitor sims to make you eligible to be displayed in map view. If there are more than ten properties that meet this requirement, then I believe the top ten busiest lots are given priority. Either that, or some sort of round-robin approach is used to give everyone an equal shot at being displayed...

G

you all are really missing the obvious... *points to the map* you are right here!

I

imported_MollyG

Golly Gee Miss Molly - why didn't we think of that.

G

A search light always worked for me when my house did not come up in the filters. THEN you can get your minimum required guests.

G

Lots are listed based upon the total hours you had visitors over a four-day time period:

Day 1: 60 (10 visitors for stayed for 6 hours each)
Day 2: 16 (8 visitors stayed for 2 hours each)
Day 3: 00 (No visitors)
Day 4: 00 (No visitors)

76 ÷ 4 = 19 total hours.

So at the end of Day 4, your total visitor hours average, which will determine your rank on the list, will be 19 hours. Now, to continue the calculation, remember that it is an average over a four-day time period. So Day 1 is no longer taken into consideration when you get to Day 5.

Day 2: 16 (8 visitors stayed for 2 hours each)
Day 3: 00 (No visitors)
Day 4: 00 (No visitors)
Day 5: 08 (2 visitors stayed for 4 hours each)

24 ÷ 4 = 6 total hours.

Therefore, to keep your property on the Top 100 List, you will need to keep those visitors coming. It takes more than a day or two to get to the top. Ask your friends and neighbors to come visit you, and advertise! If people know about you, there is a better chance they will visit