• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When will we be able to MOD the UI?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gildar posted in the Kingdom Reborn forum that custom UI's are currently not enabled in Stygian Abyss. I would like to get started soon on making one.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I imagine when SA is finally released !

F

Fink

I expect you could begin work on a skin but of course you won't see the changes ingame yet. The files 00000020_Hud.dds and HUD2.dds from the default textures folder seem to correlate to KR somewhat, so perhaps you could run it through that as an onscreen test.

As for code mods, seems a lot of the power is going to be in the Command macro. We might see a different approach to code with some of the extended functionality in macros without the need for a lot of fiddly additions/updates to mods.

Looking forward to seeing what the modders come up with.. if I have time when modding is allowed I'll port my skins over from KR to SA. I did lose the source for Nautical however, got wiped between backups, so that may take a while to re-create.

S

Sabbath

... if I have time when modding is allowed I'll port my skins over from KR to SA. I did lose the source for Nautical however, got wiped between backups, so that may take a while to re-create.
Very sorry to hear this, Fink...I always loved the Nautical graphics. :sad4:

F

Fink

It was on my backup drive when my PC died, resurrected my PC only to find the backup drive had also died. But of course! Quite a bit of stuff on there as I only burn discs when I organise my files, which is once in a while.

It shouldn't be too hard to replicate as a lot of it was sourced from the Legacy graphics. It'd need a fair bit of reworking anyway. It's just a matter of whether I'll have time whenever modding's enabled.