• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When will the Atlantic Town Gate Hub come?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple short weeks ago… there was a special green-multi-colored moongate sitting next to the Luna public gate. Toad Town was doing a special event… and I thought this special moongate was wonderful. Special event moongates?!! I totally love it.

However, a friend sent me a link to another shard’s news area… where they have a little area built just outside their Luna where they have dedicated moongates to that shard’s towns. I remember hearing about this, long ago… when the official town banner program was in the works. And yes, I saw a picture of this moongate hub.

When is our Atlantic hub coming? And when… will all the moongates be the same color or can we have multi-colored cool gates like what was next to the Luna gate a few weeks ago? :thumbup:

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably at the same time Mesanna will come to ATL and do an event like she does on other shards, NEVER!!!!!!!!!

M

Mr hawk

lalalalalala

(there was something here, but deleted it. I did not want to start anything)

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know if this will work... but here is the pic:

Its Great Lakes... news posted on Sunday, November 7, 2010

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-great-lakes/227304-%5Bnews%5D-hub-built-outside-luna.html
I think this is a fabulous idea! I personally love the little tree moongates. Atlantic really deserves something like this!

Ultima Online is all about community and I personally believe that since Atlantic is one of the most populated shards we should motivate our player base to be even more Community Centered.

A lot of people don't realize the importance and significance of Guild Towns because they aren't easily available to the public unless they go to a player owned Library. Of course there is nothing wrong with that, we have wonderful Rune Libraries that dedicate books to the town banners, but I believe the Guild Towns deserve something like a hub to celebrate what a wonderful thing it is to have player owned towns and how special they are.

A lot of time goes into creating the banners, not only on the player's part but on the part of the EM's and Mesanna as well. They should be rewarded for their efforts by receiving the notoriety their towns deserve.

A central hub would definitely increase activity to these landmarks and as nothing builds character and team reliance more than working together towards a common goal, perhaps this would inspire other guilds to apply for their own banners which would build community amongst players who are trying to achieve recognition for their hard work and togetherness.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id love to see this feature. Altlantic has at least 15 player towns (just off the top of my head) and it would be great for the general player base to have gates to them, as most probably dont even know where they are. I dont know about colors tho, doesnt really matter to me, but the fellucca ones would have to have a warning or some jibber jabber like that.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah… when you have a vet reward teleporter locked down in a house… and it's mate is in Fel… you will get a warning “you are about to enter a possible PVP area” or something like that, then get the option of a yes or no.

You could check out the Goodman’s teleporter hub if your interested. It's right next to the big library, just across the street to the west. She has the 1st floor nearly full and the 2nd floor is option for more. This is not for towns as much as establishments so people can easily reach what is so much many times remote. You will see some pads offer you a warning as I mentioned.

As the owner/partner of a few different malls, I drop runes all the time and people either ignore them or steal them. Some do use them, thankfully… but something permanent is way better… as you can direct people to this hub… or even easier a hub next to Lagtown. Not to mention the work, time, and effort of players and staffers. Good point guys. :)

Real shame no staffers are chiming in on this topic, isn’t it?

T

Tazar

Real shame no staffers are chiming in on this topic, isn’t it?
This is a Mesanna project and not an EM thing as far as I know... I am not sure they could answer even if they wanted to... Hopefully they'll pass along the message to Mesanna.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks great!

Though perhaps not quite as pink... haha