When is something going to be done about Faction points?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Britain Felucca West Crossroads
www.uoguide.com
Here is a really nice question that should have been in a Five on Friday within the past ~5 months.

Some players on Asian shards obviously worked out a system which lets them rack up millions of points in a short amount of time. The top player has 1,711,261,742 and the 20th has 14,443,443. Nothing has been done and I hadn't heard of any changes related to points, so theoretically this stunt could be pulled on Western shards as well. Some people used to enjoy going to the faction rankings site each day and seeing who was on top. It is never moves anymore.

When is something going to be done about this? The quickest solution is probably a complete faction point wipe and removing these 2x and 3x bonuses so it can't happen again. If you want to keep the bonuses make them +2 or +5 so you can't game the system using multiplication.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Yes, I agree, but I think it would be better if they kept the war zones and put a cap on the amount of points that can be attained. Maybe at 250 points or something and at 100 you are guaranteed rank 10. Just my input, feel free to state an opposition.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
How about just capping how many points you can acquire in a day?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
SLC
Since this is technically a PvP problem...... I'd say you got about another year..year and a half before someone even starts looking at it.

Now if it was a coin stuck in a box or some other mediocre problem, they would bring down the shards right now.

Good luck and don't hold your breathe.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
Frankly, there are plenty of people who could do that on western shards. we don't. Nobody cares, it's worth nothing.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 3, 2004
Frankly, there are plenty of people who could do that on western shards. we don't. Nobody cares, it's worth nothing.
I know exactly how to do it exactly with minimum accounts required. Its also highly scriptable after its been setup.

Its extremely slow at first but then it grows exponentially.

To be honest, I am disgusted by how easy this could be done.
I talked to a friend on asuka on why they did it, he said its a faction made character in the two other factions and jack up the points on their mules (in enemy factions) to raise the percentile so MAKE SURE that their enemies dont get to use high rank faction items. In order to retailiate they did the same... you get the idea. He even offered me to bring back 90000 points for killing his char with 300000 points and xfer it back "to get a jump start" to any western shard to point farm... good friend but I rejected his invitation. Why? because points will be wiped by xfering anyways but he didnt know that... rofl

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
I know exactly how to do it exactly with minimum accounts required. Its also highly scriptable after its been setup.

Its extremely slow at first but then it grows exponentially.

To be honest, I am disgusted by how easy this could be done.
I talked to a friend on asuka on why they did it, he said its a faction made character in the two other factions and jack up the points on their mules (in enemy factions) to raise the percentile so MAKE SURE that their enemies dont get to use high rank faction items. In order to retailiate they did the same... you get the idea. He even offered me to bring back 90000 points for killing his char with 300000 points and xfer it back "to get a jump start" to any western shard to point farm... good friend but I rejected his invitation. Why? because points will be wiped by xfering anyways but he didnt know that... rofl
You and your friend don't know anything. When you xfer off a shard, you lose faction affiliation. Unless there has been a change, these be the rules of new quahog.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 3, 2004
You and your friend don't know anything. When you xfer off a shard, you lose faction affiliation. Unless there has been a change, these be the rules of new quahog.
reread my post. i think you missed the last a few lime. sigh smartasses.