• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When is KR looking like this?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sharpness, Weathereffects, all this was the past of a good beta Client!

And now, nothing to see from weather or cloads, raining or good conecptional movement!

I dont want to argue about KR, i want this to see in the new SA client. Not an oldstyle graphic like Third Dawn has, then you can enable it again. I want to make my graphics card smoke, i want to get my quadcore crying.

Old machine players would never change to KR SA or what is called client.

So programm good and wise, with future elements, that you dont have to cancel the client again, after it is one year old!

Thanks for your open ear!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know, but I have a pretty damn good video card and a decent CPU, so I'd love for a UO client to actually take advantage of hardware made within the last 7 years or so.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IF you'd paid attention to developments with the KR client, the weather effects were disabled a couple months or so after the client was introduced, because their coding was rushed in their original version, and was causing MASSIVE lag for its users. In fact, probably most the lag issues people were having those first few months was FROM the cloud shadows, etc.

Hopefully, they will return with SA, only without the lag.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I think the problem with KR is inefficient coding. There is no way that KR can even come close to pushing some of the newer PCs out there.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can play KR lag is not the issue, movement during walking, running oe even the spawn movement is what made it unplayable for me, I loved a lot of the graphics , but I couldn't focus enough long enough to tell what I was doing. I still use KR for certain thing...co-owning and crafting, but to fight, It's just not doable for me.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the problem with KR is inefficient coding. There is no way that KR can even come close to pushing some of the newer PCs out there.
Coding maybe, but the KR client engine (Gamebryo) is certainly capable of pushing good PCs.

Have a look at WAR which uses the same engine and what Mythic have made it look like. KR is more than capable of being much, much more than it is. Basically the number one reason that KR is not as good as it's engine is capable of is because it has to be compatible with the 2D client (and because KR was rushed/isnt finished).

The SA client should be much, much better. Especially when you consider that Mythic have had a LOT of experience with Gamebryo as both WAR and DAoC use it (as opposed to EA who started building KR before Mythic came along).

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can play KR lag is not the issue, movement during walking, running oe even the spawn movement is what made it unplayable for me, I loved a lot of the graphics , but I couldn't focus enough long enough to tell what I was doing. I still use KR for certain thing...co-owning and crafting, but to fight, It's just not doable for me.
It takes time to adjust from 2D, but you can defiantly fight with it. Watch this video...

[youtube]0Hai9MfYy9A[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hai9MfYy9A

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oblivion is Gamebryo right? And that's probably one of the best looking games out there, especially with graphic enhancing mods.

S

Sorcha of Sonoma

My problem with the KR client is freezing, and crashes to the BSOD. (Always claiming my driver did it). Of course I am using a PCI (not PCIe) GeForce 6600 OC video card. (My next system I will roll my own and be much more up to date).

Funny thing is I also play AO on this system, which has much better graphics (despite being 7 years old) and I never have freeze or crash issues.

B

Beefcake101

Well i have a quadcore coming in. Should be in a few days. Has 2 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB video cards hooked together..

That's 2gigs of video wooot. Can not wait to try it out.. I been on this crap one i built about 6 years ago. I can not even walk in KR. I hope this will work out good.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My issues:
1: Knowing whats attacking me. I kept dying in KR cause I didnt notice the little spinning gold thingy.
2: Item art. Its simply... godaweful. Just, how did it ever pass inspection? Going along with this, I don't know if its everyon on the art team, or just one of them, but since SE there have been a problem with circular shapes in art... instead of being an oval, showing the proper 2/3 perspective, you see alot of full on 100% ciricles, as if it was a more topdown persepctive than it is, and they look...terrible. Like the maker didn't even know what the game looked like.
3: Free style bag, my bad go choice, verges on unusable.

There were other nagging issues as well, huntin with pets, I found difficult, but nothing too serious other than these, but these out weighed the good of the client for me, and now I only use it for crafting purposes, where it excells. And now I hear that 2d will have the same crafting perks, and unless SA client fixes my above problems, I won't even use it for that.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got a new PC build, Ran KR and it ran like a dream, BUT i cant be arsed to spend time on setting up chars and such, One day tho!!!