When comes PvP tamer nerf?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Cove X-Road Felucca (Europa)
Sry but this tamers are lame, they have pets strong as persons. So if you want to fight a tamer you must be at least 2 persons. They have warhorses which a strong, greater dragons, cu shides.

And the best thing is they are dismounting you, remount and kill you or bring the pet near you so you cant do anything. and if you try to dismount them they have a strong weapon when dismounted.

sorry but this sucks, in pvm it is ok to such strong pets against bosses, but in pvp nobody has 10.000 hitpoints. i dont know how to fix it, but devs your bring it in, you should also have a good workaround with you!

maybe a tribal weapon which makes much damage on the pets, only if a player hits it.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
All you can do is keep sending in feedback and badgering... I wish we'd just get clarification of when and what will be changed so as tamers we know what the deal is.

But you might want to note that no pet has 10k hitpoints... I accept changes are necessary, but that's a slight over-exageration there ;)

Wenchy

S

Splup

*Graps popcorn while waiting for first "Tamers are easykills" comment* :popcorn:

Yeah I agree, pets are too powerfull in PvP atm.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
well if you go to fel unprepared for the tamer cheese then you will always whine that they are to strong learn the game before you go to fel! while i agree they are very powerful pets a simple potion will render them useless while you beat down the master though the ninja stealth tamers are a right pain in the arse they are not that strong, if you go to fel expecting a fight with them.

yes they can kill you!!
yes they are strong!!
But my oh my are pets dumb!!

deal with it just cuz you lost alot of insurance to your own ignorance means does not mean they need to nerf pets, i mean how else will noobies kill vets!
rolleyes:

I

Intrepida

if you want them to nerf tamers then I should make one I have resisted all these years because assoon as I have what ever is good it gets nerfed :)

I think that there should be a small % chance anytime a pet is ordered to attack a player that it instead turns on its owner. But I know that will flyu as well as a lead zeplen

:) hang in there and try and just have fun

T

Turdnugget

I've killed people faster on other chrs then my tamer...

What's the issue? The fact you don't know how to stay alive vs. a pet?

Unless the tamer is using speeder it shouldn't be that hard. Are you carrying trapped boxes for paralyze, what about potions and apples?

A tamer with a bow is like a hunter in most other games... a ranger with a pet and they use ranged or melee weapons too.

There's ways around surviving and killing one. Every template is killable. Some harder than others, some more offensive then others, some more defensive then others.

Why not nerf the chain DP'ers too while we're at it? Or chain disarmers...

A

Altec

Pets should follow same rules as players. Like spell fizzleing, same casting speeds and delays, froze while casting, same spell ranges, same damage maxes on specails fireball = ai. And how about making the tamers supply their pets with regs. I don't want a nerf I want a balanced system.

Oh and pets in factions should also go into stats.

T

Turdnugget

If that's the case, I want to be able to tell my pet which spells to cast :lick:

I 'should' be able to control it right? Like saying... cast curse explosion flamestrike firebreath...

I don't mind some changes to balancing pet in PvP though. Like the mention of a FC/FCR cap, pet freezing while casting etc...

But I think speeders/UOmedic users need to be taken care of first.

S

Salty Pete

Sry but this warriors are lame, they have weapons strong as persons. So if you want to fight a warrior you must be at least 2 persons. They have necromancy which a strong, chiv heals, parry/bush.

And the best thing is they are dismounting you, remount and kill you or bring the weapon skill you so you cant do anything. and if you try to dismount them they have a strong weapon when dismounted.

sorry but this sucks, in pvm it is ok to such strong characters against bosses, but in pvp nobody has 10.000 hitpoints. i dont know how to fix it, but devs your bring it in, you should also have a good workaround with you!

maybe a tribal spellbook which makes much damage on the warriors, only if a player casts it.

T

Turdnugget

Salty Pete... your response has me confused...

and who has 10khps? A greater dragon, top of the line, the leet among l337 would have 1khps....9k less than what you're referring to.

Tamers have always been able to PvP. I think it's the GD's that people want nerfed...but then you'll just have another tamer flavor. I always use mare/beetle or bake/beetle tbh.

R

raistca

First of all, the reference in the first post concerning the 10,000 hit points is clearly in reference to a high level monster (paragon level monsters are often in the 10,000 range), not a tamable. Secondly, Salty Pete was mocking the original post (rather humorously, i might add) to point out the fact that everything the original poster said about tamers is true about warriors as well. I must heartily agree. There is never a time (except when whacking pvp newbs) when it is a cakewalk as a tamer in pvp. You constantly have to stay with your pets or you lose your advantage. The only pet in the game that isn't just totally easy for a pvp warrior to whack in 4 hits or less is the greater dragon, and if you use that in pvp you are seriously asking for some ninja/archer to pop out and wreck you from behind as you struggle to keep up with your dragon on foot (because it's a 5 slot pet, so unless you're a ninja or a gargoyle...) while it chases down a mounted archer who is slowly reducing it to zero hit points all the while taking no net damage because he has been constantly healing and chugging pots the whole time. Trust me. It's balanced. Please UO Dev's, if there is any justice in the world (be it real or virtual) don't nerf the tamers.

T

Trick Tickler

Salty Pete... your response has me confused...

and who has 10khps? A greater dragon, top of the line, the leet among l337 would have 1khps....9k less than what you're referring to.

Tamers have always been able to PvP. I think it's the GD's that people want nerfed...but then you'll just have another tamer flavor. I always use mare/beetle or bake/beetle tbh.
sarcasm, its hard to see through a keyboard

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
You know what would be a simple balancer for the PvP pet issue? Bring back invisibility charged items.

Pet targets you, slap your invis sash and break agro.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Why is this needed? You can kill a tamed Greater Dragon in just 3-4 hits with the proper setup.
JC in theory you are correct, but in practical application you are not.

Most tamers dismount you before having their pet attack you, so you are already at a huge disadvantage against them. Let alone the fact that once you are dismounted, everyone ganks in on you.

In most cases the setup required to kill a pet in 3 to 4 hits is not the setup required for PvP. I guess a dexer can just put on a slayer weapon, but usually even those weapons suck for PvP.

As a dismounted mage trying to kill a greater dragon with a dragon slayer spellbook... I say good luck to the mage, cause the odds are he will faceplant.

Yes you can try to be as set up as possible, pots, apples, invis items...etc.. but in the end the Tamer is still way overpowered and will defeat the dismounted mage more often than not.

Let me clarify to one point: I am talking about a very good Tamer PvPer. Some tamers are easy to kill, but that isn't because tamers are easy to kill, its because the person playing the tamer doesn't know how to play one properly.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
All you tamer PvP'ers out there can come up with all the excuses you want...at the end of the day there is no template to fight a tamer except for a tamer. Sure, you can kill a greater dragon with the proper setup...but that setup is a PVM suit...not PVP. So great, you killed the dragon and guess what? Your dead anyway because your wearing a PVM suit. PvP stands for player versus player. PVM stands for player versus monster. The definitions speak for themselves.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Well maybe people need to man up and do PvE (Player versus EVERYTHING).
With that said, do you play a pure mage or necro mage ever?

From what I have read in your posts, you seem to only play a tamer. I may be wrong so that's why I'm asking.

R

rips

Sry but this warriors are lame, they have weapons strong as persons. So if you want to fight a warrior you must be at least 2 persons. They have necromancy which a strong, chiv heals, parry/bush.

And the best thing is they are dismounting you, remount and kill you or bring the weapon skill you so you cant do anything. and if you try to dismount them they have a strong weapon when dismounted.

sorry but this sucks, in pvm it is ok to such strong characters against bosses, but in pvp nobody has 10.000 hitpoints. i dont know how to fix it, but devs your bring it in, you should also have a good workaround with you!

maybe a tribal spellbook which makes much damage on the warriors, only if a player casts it.
This had me rolling OMG my abbs hurt lmao!!! damn i wish i could high five yer @ss

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
Sry but this tamers are lame, they have pets strong as persons. So if you want to fight a tamer you must be at least 2 persons. They have warhorses which a strong, greater dragons, cu shides.

And the best thing is they are dismounting you, remount and kill you or bring the pet near you so you cant do anything. and if you try to dismount them they have a strong weapon when dismounted.

sorry but this sucks, in pvm it is ok to such strong pets against bosses, but in pvp nobody has 10.000 hitpoints. i dont know how to fix it, but devs your bring it in, you should also have a good workaround with you!

maybe a tribal weapon which makes much damage on the pets, only if a player hits it.
I'd disagree , on most tamer templates it takes skill to plant pet damage.. I'm not saying I'm enthusiastic about Pet PvP... I don't think it's that bad if you know how to play against it. I can kill almost all tamer temps as of now except the Bokuto/ Parry/ CuSidhe/ Speedhacking chars.... They all can't kill me but it's really hard to fight against them.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
I suppose you've never come across a dread mare mage, or a dismount archer with a greater dragon, or a 4/6 chiv dexxer with a greater dragon? It's not only about fighting them 1v1 it's when you have to fight them 5v10 plus pets...it is simply rediculous.

S

Salya Sin

No offense... but didn't they just nerf Greater Dragons? That should have made them easier to fight... you nerf them any more and they will be worthless. Between the SA release (the Abyss AND new tames) and the events leading up to right now... tamers are pointless. And now we want to further axe them? We get it... you don't like tamers.

On another note... I thought PvP was often a guild thing. That means that each guild should have a strategy for fighting... right? Or do you all just run out there and go at it in some random, solo'd chaos? Instead of nerfing everything that seems a might difficult... why not have a sit down with your guild and figure out a strategy for fighting a tamer when it shows up... like a football play book or something? Teamwork... usually in any battle... the team takes out the strongest opponent first... or decoys the strongest.. works the weakest.. then all take on the strongest?

Why not make sure a tamer is on your team... when the GD or Runebeetle or Cu shows up... make sure your tamer is watching and hits the pet first... then it's a pet to pet fight.. tamer to tamer. There has got to be a better solution to nerfing everything... my god people... the cry for nerfing gets old. Can't you plan around this?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Why not make sure a tamer is on your team... when the GD or Runebeetle or Cu shows up... make sure your tamer is watching and hits the pet first... then it's a pet to pet fight.. tamer to tamer. There has got to be a better solution to nerfing everything... my god people... the cry for nerfing gets old. Can't you plan around this?
Because pets cause a huge imbalance to PvP.

From My experience most PvPers want balanced PvP. Pets let players get a huge advantage over players who dont use pets.

Think about how a guy runs up to you, dismounts you, then nervestrikes you, then deathstrikes you, during this his Hiryu is all over you with a bleed for good measure.

It is one thing to defend against nervestrike or death strike. but to have to do all this with a pet on you to is just lame.

In the end the only template that can do close to as much damage as a pet is an archer... imagine an archer on you with his pet as well.

I know that this will come off like an insult to some, but it's not meant to be.... but in my opinion the only reason people play a tamer in Fel for PvP is cause they cant compete without them.

Same goes for people who use scripts or hacks or whatever to get the advantage. The fact is, they cant compete and need the crutch to feel better about themselves.

I am sure there are some people who say, "I do this cause others cheat and I want to be able to compete with cheaters". But that is no excuse.

I guess I would be ok with tamers in PvP and in Fel so long as they had no other fighting type skills: meaning the tamer skills should be; Vet, Animal Lore, Animal Taming, Musicianship, peacemaking and provocation. This would allow the tamer to fully use his pet as well as be able to provoke certain level monsters on to players in Fel PvP.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
Because pets cause a huge imbalance to PvP.

From My experience most PvPers want balanced PvP. Pets let players get a huge advantage over players who dont use pets.

Think about how a guy runs up to you, dismounts you, then nervestrikes you, then deathstrikes you, during this his Hiryu is all over you with a bleed for good measure.

It is one thing to defend against nervestrike or death strike. but to have to do all this with a pet on you to is just lame.

In the end the only template that can do close to as much damage as a pet is an archer... imagine an archer on you with his pet as well.

I know that this will come off like an insult to some, but it's not meant to be.... but in my opinion the only reason people play a tamer in Fel for PvP is cause they cant compete without them.

Same goes for people who use scripts or hacks or whatever to get the advantage. The fact is, they cant compete and need the crutch to feel better about themselves.

I am sure there are some people who say, "I do this cause others cheat and I want to be able to compete with cheaters". But that is no excuse.
It makes sense how some templates are extremely gimp.. Like the one you mention is extremely extremely lame and gimp. The only reason why that template is now available is because of imbuing. So I assume it will be nerfed in the near future. Other then that most tamer PvP templates are pretty balanced. This is coming from a Necro Scribe Mage who fights them all the time.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
didn't they just nerf Greater Dragons?
Well if you consider 40+ damage hits as opposed to 60 plus an instant bleed, plus 50-60 damage firebreath a nerf I guess that's on you.

why not have a sit down with your guild and figure out a strategy for fighting a tamer when it shows up... like a football play book or something?
Trust me, I have been in countless fights against greater dragons and there is simply no other way of fighting them other than #1 having equal or greater numbers than them or #2 having your own greater dragon(s). Also, in a football game you play 11 on 11 at all times...if you have 5 people on against a zerg guild that has 10 + 3-4 pets that means each one of your members has to fight 3v1 at the same time. I am also extremely sick and tired of people posting on topics they are clueless about...if you've never had to deal with the situation than just shut it.

On a side note, KalVasTENKI: fight me on my dreadmare tamer and I guarentee you won't be on screen for more than 5 seconds at a time...they are simply too gimp.

W

Wonton fooey

How hard is it to get a dragon stuck on a house step and then whacking away at the tamer that is ON FOOT! If you cant take on a player with a pet who is on foot then you shouldnt be PvPing. Grow a sac and learn how to play around it.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
Well first off, if you knew anything yew gate is not pvp and there are no houses in despise. Second of all there are these amazing creatures called dreadmares which if I am correct you can ride and take up 3 control slots? Thirdly, if you had a "sac" you wouldn't need a pet to fight for you.

W

Wonton fooey

Omg your complaining about Dreadmares! Are you serious! come on! If a person is using a dreadmare then more then likely they are on FOOT! Dude, LEARN HOW TO PVP! Your filling the Forums full of nonsense. Just Fu**ing adapt to the situation. Why call for a complete change on things!? PvPers are a bunch of pusses. Spawn stealing, Monster stealing, good for nothing hackers and scriptors. Most PvPers are already cheating. Ive been in a hug PvP guild before and over half of the players openly admitted to using scripts and speed hacks and suggested I do the same. Before the Devs do anything to templates and chars they need to fix the damn hacking and scripting problems. I cant keep track of all the people that have been on foot and out ran me while on horseback. Its ridiculous. As for having a pet fight for me. Its called a template. There are plenty out there to counteract a tamer and their pet. Work it out for yourself stop calling for a nerf. Its getting old. And if you are having trouble with pets in Despise then stop PvPing. How many monsters are around you. Plenty of ways to drag a pet off and have it surrounded. Im tired of sorry PvPers complaining because of their lack of skill making other players suffer because they are upset and crying all over their keyboards because they are losing a little insurance money.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
Omg your complaining about Dreadmares! Are you serious! come on! If a person is using a dreadmare then more then likely they are on FOOT! Dude, LEARN HOW TO PVP! Your filling the Forums full of nonsense. Just Fu**ing adapt to the situation. Why call for a complete change on things!? PvPers are a bunch of pusses. Spawn stealing, Monster stealing, good for nothing hackers and scriptors. Most PvPers are already cheating. Ive been in a hug PvP guild before and over half of the players openly admitted to using scripts and speed hacks and suggested I do the same. Before the Devs do anything to templates and chars they need to fix the damn hacking and scripting problems. I cant keep track of all the people that have been on foot and out ran me while on horseback. Its ridiculous. As for having a pet fight for me. Its called a template. There are plenty out there to counteract a tamer and their pet. Work it out for yourself stop calling for a nerf. Its getting old. And if you are having trouble with pets in Despise then stop PvPing. How many monsters are around you. Plenty of ways to drag a pet off and have it surrounded. Im tired of sorry PvPers complaining because of their lack of skill making other players suffer because they are upset and crying all over their keyboards because they are losing a little insurance money.
Rage!

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
There is really no point in arguing with someone that still believes PvP'ers use scripts and hacks...

W

Wonton fooey

Dude you're an idiot. How much of a moron are you! Honestly! How did you find your way to your keyboard? How did you figure out how to turn on your computer?! How in the world do you remember to take a breath every two seconds? If you don't see that PvP Scipts and hacks are being used then you aren't playing UO. The reason UO is going down hill are players like you. Moronic and idiotic.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
Actually, I didn't start this thread you just look like more of an idiot every time you post.

M

mrrippletip

easy fix for PVP tamers:

make it so pets can only attack aggressives

get rid of dismount altogether

what a horrible thing, dismount

also i never understood why a bola takes no skill to throw but has 100% hit chance...

...people who remember tele rings and invis items, those were removed from the game because OSI decided that giving templates access to those "spells" without having to use some skill points was unbalancing...

...yet a bola, which takes no skill to use, can give a player access to the Dismount Special Move with 100% hit chance

Wanna fix tamers?

Make it so only aggros are able to be "all killed", and get rid of the bolas.

Or just get rid of bolas anyway, they are so horrible. So is dismount.

and yes, I have a tamer mage with a dread warhorse, and yes i use bolas...not my only character but i do use that template

W

Wonton fooey

If you make it so only aggressive chars can be attacked then the tamer cant make the first launch they have to sit there and wait for someone to attack them which is unbalancing and isn't everything in the game supposed to be about balance? PvPers don't care one bit about balance they only care about their template being on top. You Nerf Tamers and then they cry for another template to be cast down. There is already a thread for Archery now. Its plain idiotic.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
easy fix for PVP tamers:

make it so pets can only attack aggressives

get rid of dismount altogether

what a horrible thing, dismount

also i never understood why a bola takes no skill to throw but has 100% hit chance...

...people who remember tele rings and invis items, those were removed from the game because OSI decided that giving templates access to those "spells" without having to use some skill points was unbalancing...

...yet a bola, which takes no skill to use, can give a player access to the Dismount Special Move with 100% hit chance

Wanna fix tamers?

Make it so only aggros are able to be "all killed", and get rid of the bolas.

Or just get rid of bolas anyway, they are so horrible. So is dismount.

and yes, I have a tamer mage with a dread warhorse, and yes i use bolas...not my only character but i do use that template
Somebody has been dismount insta-killed too many times. :mf_prop:

I disagree with everything you said.