• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When and why did we get a change to runic reforging?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in that case I run max luck (on crafted parts) because im not running bushido and don't get a massive bonus from the luck statue. I could try and fit bushido onto my tamer but its a tight template.
Even on my sampire I run 190 crafted parts and that char has bushido. I guess the amount of extra luck you gain from the luck statue plays a big part in your calculations.
I do see where you are coming from. It would be a lot easier to create a better all round suit using lower luck on the parts.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if your actually playing, if wearing a luck suit cuases you to kill substantially slower the luck suit is not worth it.
All you need to do is equip the luck suit right before the moment of death.

99% of the time I'm fighting in my standard gear and only put on the luck suit at the very last moment before the coup de grâce.

Someone here on Stratics referred to the luck suit as having to put on a hard hat (workers suit) I'm starting to agree with them. Part of me wishes there was no luck in UO, and that I didn't have to carry around another suit.

Unfortunately, a luck suit has become mandatory if you want a shot at decent items.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

99% of the time I'm fighting in my standard gear and only put on the luck suit at the very last moment before the coup de grâce.

Someone here on Stratics referred to the luck suit as having to put on a hard hat (workers suit) I'm starting to agree with them. Part of me wishes there was no luck in UO, and that I didn't have to carry around another suit.

Unfortunately, a luck suit has become mandatory if you want a shot at decent items.
Well, you can only do this in the enhanced client and against monsters with higher hit points. When you go with a group in the dark guardian room, you never know when the last hit to a monsters comes. And I would go crazy switching to luck suit back and forth fighting monsters like devourers.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

right you are, if its a boss can just put on before it dies, quick kills tho im generally talking about. like the new doom stuff.