• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When and why did we get a change to runic reforging?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems impossible to craft 150 Luck pieces with Copper Runic Hammers, which was possble before and it seems way harder to get 100% elemental weapons with Shadow Runic Hammers and Oak Runic Fletcher Tools.
Is there any info about that? This makes the smaller runics almost useless again.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Drowy I agree 100%!

I'm MAD hell about these changes.

I can't tell you the amount of time and gold I've invested in searching and buying runics across multiple shards which are now worthless due to these unannounced changes which appear to becoming the norm in UO.

I have several hundred runics that are completely useless because of these changes.

If they had announced they were making changes I would have attempted to make use of my stockpile instead now I'm at a loss as to what to do with them.

So my crafter is pretty much worthless, my treasure hunter is worthless. These are two of the things which I've spend more than half my time doing in UO.

And I don't want to hear about how the game changes and adapt BS. I pay to play UO for the things that don't change.

When they tried to change Shard Shield tokens people were up in arms. If tomorrow they decided to transform people's Ethy tigers into Rabbits people would be pissed off to high hell.

Despite many good improvements the Devs are mucking up the game in many areas.

Not happy at all about this @Bleak @Kyronix change the damn runics back.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have spent the last four days crafting base pieces for upgraded suits for myself and a friend who has returned. I'd like to know more about this also. I have kept my eyes on the crafters forums and the patch notes and those two sources do not seem to be in agreement. @Bleak ?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix mentioned that giving crafters some love is on the radar. I'd love to see some attention given to reforging and imbuing to make them more in line with what's available with the new loot revamp. The ability to imbue different properties would be nice (eaters, hci/dci on armor/shields,etc). Bumping runic budgets would also be nice. I'd also love more control over reforging, perhaps GM Armslore could grant more reforging options like the ability to make certain properties from a package more likely or the ability to make overcapped mods more likely. It would also be nice to have more control over the distribution of exceptional/armslore armor points. I feel like my crafter with 120 tailoring/120 imbuing/GM armslore should be skilled enough to know how to make a tunic particularly fire resistant, for example. :)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
And than people complain when you sell max.luck suit sets for 400+
They dont understand the amount of hours and resources used....

I finally have 3 more set available ;)

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already reported this to Mesanna she is informed of the issue. Pretty sure they will fix it when possible. Something was screwed up in the last publish that changed the Randomness of properties on crafting its all out of wack.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With new loot addition, there were such miracles with runics. =(
People wrote about it long ago, there is a messages on craftsman's forum.
Return back our сraft !

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my crafter is pretty much worthless, my treasure hunter is worthless. These are two of the things which I've spend more than half my time doing in UO.

It is WORSE than just making this or that template useless, it creates a DIVIDE between those players from BEFORE who were able to craft those items cheaply and easily, with the players now (especially considering that many players are Returning to Britannia thanking to the 30 days program) who no longer can make them.

It make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to me.

We have the Return to Britannia program which shows to me that the Developers WANT players to come back to UO but then we make it IMPOSSIBLE for players to catch up and get the same items in the same way that existing UO players have been able to ?

Does this make sense to anyone ??

The game must offer EQUAL CHANCES to any and ALL players when it comes to items which matter in fights so, if players have been able in the past to craft items with those runics and those mods, then the Developers cannot take this ability away UNLESS, they ALSO delete all those items already existing in UO outright.

Are we sure it is not just an unintended bug rather than an undocumented change ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure I found the issue causing this. I reported it to Mesanna again basically, I believe the new loot code, "stopped the old loot from spawning", by doing so some how effected the crafting code to reforge the "new properties" to get cock blocked as well with the old loot. Causing us to have a hell of a time crafting anything. It must of lowered the %'s to get such things at 150 luck, and certain specific properties its not reaching the 150% weight as easy as it should be or was...

That's then quite of a problem considering that the new limited time Doom spawn WANTS high luck to increase chances at a drop BUT, if one is unable to craft a high luck suit then this results in much worse luck with the new Doom drops....

Perhaps Mesanna and the Developers, considering the situation, should consider EXTENDING the new Doom items window like a month more or so from AFTER the crafting problem has been fixed ?

Otherwise, all players not able to make their luck suits to work in Doom will be at a gross disadvantage when trying to get the new doom items...

I am thinking particularly about returning players who not only need to skill up their imbuing, but ALSO craft their maxed out Luck suits in order to be able to maximize their new Doom items' drops....

If it is not possible to craft 150 luck items they returning players are at a great loss as versus existing players who already have their luck suits crafted.....

I have no doubt, the Doom new items Event needs to be extended, and quite considerably also.....

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Pops that may be a good idea if they can consider it. People would have to email in about it though to probably get the idea forwarded into Mesanna or her team unless one of them get a chance to read this thread. But that would make sense, I am sure everyone was trying to get their luck suits made for doom and now they can't get max luck before :( Very sad. Would be nice if they could extend like you said.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Pops that may be a good idea if they can consider it. People would have to email in about it though to probably get the idea forwarded into Mesanna or her team unless one of them get a chance to read this thread. But that would make sense, I am sure everyone was trying to get their luck suits made for doom and now they can't get max luck before :( Very sad. Would be nice if they could extend like you said.

Well, I seem to understand that she acknowledged the problem when you reported the crafting bug.... hopefully, she will also come forward to all players disadvantaged by this bug to extend the active time for the new Doom drops AFTER they have fixed the crafting bug ?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont see the big deal, just use bronze. its comparable price to copper anyways.

i had a feeling the new loot would mess with reforging, interesting stuff. not sure exactly how it was affected, i doubt it would be just for the luck mod. i did make about 10 wooden clean 100 percent elementals and about 20 clean 100 mana leech weapons in the last week. finished up yesterday. it did seem to take longer but with the rng i can never tell anyway it seems.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im finding better results with dull copper runics with either all selected or all without powerful to get a single max stat. They end up brittle and no repair but really dont mind since they still last a very long time.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont see the big deal, just use bronze. its comparable price to copper anyways.

i had a feeling the new loot would mess with reforging, interesting stuff. not sure exactly how it was affected, i doubt it would be just for the luck mod. i did make about 10 wooden clean 100 percent elementals and about 20 clean 100 mana leech weapons in the last week. finished up yesterday. it did seem to take longer but with the rng i can never tell anyway it seems.
My buddy and I did bronze as well still the same type of situation. Its just glitched all reforging is.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I seem to understand that she acknowledged the problem when you reported the crafting bug.... hopefully, she will also come forward to all players disadvantaged by this bug to extend the active time for the new Doom drops AFTER they have fixed the crafting bug ?
She acknowledged that their wasn't meant to be any changes to crafting. Which I explained the situation of what's happening so hopefully the team investigates the issue. You can only hope they extend Doom. Don't count on anything unless they announce it though.

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is WORSE than just making this or that template useless, it creates a DIVIDE between those players from BEFORE who were able to craft those items cheaply and easily, with the players now (especially considering that many players are Returning to Britannia thanking to the 30 days program) who no longer can make them.

It make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to me.

We have the Return to Britannia program which shows to me that the Developers WANT players to come back to UO but then we make it IMPOSSIBLE for players to catch up and get the same items in the same way that existing UO players have been able to ?

Does this make sense to anyone ??

The game must offer EQUAL CHANCES to any and ALL players when it comes to items which matter in fights so, if players have been able in the past to craft items with those runics and those mods, then the Developers cannot take this ability away UNLESS, they ALSO delete all those items already existing in UO outright.

Are we sure it is not just an unintended bug rather than an undocumented change ?
No offense popps but almost every argument you make in any thread boils down to you having a gigantic chip on your shoulder as it pertains to some kind of universal 'fairness' that only you seem to be attuned to.
You have zero pvp experience yet you always want massive changes made to every item/system regardless of the unintended side effects all in the name of your 'fairness' to the new players you always reference.
You just don't seem to get the fact that UO has always been about starting out with the basic necessities and then working towards bigger goals. That is what keeps people in the game for the long haul. That is why it does not get old or boring to most players.
Nobody should have a castle or keep after only 6 months of playing and nobody should be an elite pvper that quickly either.
But if someone wants either there certainly are many safe and legit ways to buy what you with with cash.
But I guess that is not 'fair' enough for some people?
I would hate to have to go car or house or job shopping with you rl.
I can just see you arguing with your boss that you should be promoted 6 days after you started working and be given the same company car that the CEO gets :)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offense popps but almost every argument you make in any thread boils down to you having a gigantic chip on your shoulder as it pertains to some kind of universal 'fairness' that only you seem to be attuned to.
You have zero pvp experience yet you always want massive changes made to every item/system regardless of the unintended side effects all in the name of your 'fairness' to the new players you always reference.
You just don't seem to get the fact that UO has always been about starting out with the basic necessities and then working towards bigger goals. That is what keeps people in the game for the long haul. That is why it does not get old or boring to most players.
Nobody should have a castle or keep after only 6 months of playing and nobody should be an elite pvper that quickly either.
But if someone wants either there certainly are many safe and legit ways to buy what you with with cash.
But I guess that is not 'fair' enough for some people?
I would hate to have to go car or house or job shopping with you rl.
I can just see you arguing with your boss that you should be promoted 6 days after you started working and be given the same company car that the CEO gets :)
I agree. Not specifically about him persay because I tend not to notice usernames when reading so I don't have a comment. But everything should NOT be easy, but it also shouldnt be a 2month grind. But unfortunately the way the game is set up filled with easy button ways to either macro or script or power game your way through, it's almost the fail safe the Devs have to put in to prevent flooding of the market. It's too bad though that the players who actually sit and attend the mind numbing 80 hours to get one Epaulette, it is frustrating that a guy who's macroing 5 account and getting 5-6 a week to gain either IRL $ off the gold he's selling or just driving the value down for the people who actually put the time in. Unfortunately there is no happy medium, it is what it is at this point.. And that's disheartening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You just don't seem to get the fact that UO has always been about starting out with the basic necessities and then working towards bigger goals.

I entirely fail to see what nerfing quality loot AFTER some players already benefitted from that quality loot might have anything at all to do with working towards bigger goals....

I mean, let's make an example just for the sake of discussion, shall we ?

We have player A who is an established player, already with a good stock of items, gold and blah blah.
There is a game change which "ups" the quality of loot. This player, having already a well established template (possibly more then just 1...) jumps on the new change and farms loads of exceptionally great items to make his or her suits even better.....
Thanking to these exceptional items, this player clearly has an upper hand in PvP.

Then come the Developers and nerf the new loot quality. End of the great loot or, at least, end of the ability to get many drops of exceptional quality in a shorter farming time.
Now, not only the quality of the items have decreased, but the time to get great drops has increased tens of folds, perhaps to the point to scare away other players from even trying to......

Player A could not care less about the nerf as he/she already got lods of exceptionally good items to last for a good while....

Then comes player B who perhaps, for the sake of the discussion, is a returning player.

Not only he/she will need to build up skills, get powerscrolls, gather resources to imbue a PvP competitive suit (which will already take a whole lot of gaming time....), but he/she will ALSO have to farm those specially exceptional pieces which really can make the difference in a PvP fight.

This, too be competitive, since the PvP engine happens to give quite some importance to numbers, over fighting tactics....

Unfortunately, because of the quality loot nerf, while Player A was able to easily and fastly build up a large stock of uber quality items, Player B on top of all that he/she needs to do to get "on par", will ALSO have to spend way, but WAY more time to farm for those exceptional pieces which truly can make the difference in a PvP fight.

This is not working towards a goal, this is just running uphill with a ton of overweight on one's own shoulders while other players had it much easier simply because they were there for the right spawn before the quality loot nerf kicked in.

Well, to each his/her own opinions, but to me not only this is not fair, but I am worried that the uphill might deter too many players from even trying, especially when they get to know that, while they have to struggle to get the really exceptional pieces, players before them who did it before the nerf got them in loads, much faster and with way more ease......

I am convinced that spawns should be the same for all players regardless of the time when the spawns are hunted by different players, and quality of loot should not change as there should never be early or late birds but simply birds...

This is why I have always said and will always say that loot quality should NEVER EVER be nerfed.

Loot quality for new content should ALWAYS start conservatorily (i.e. start with worse quality or slower drop times) and then, slowly be increased to a better quality of loot or higher drop rates with fine tuning from the Developers to the point where it stops and stays there for all players to take advantage from.

But NEVER EVER loot quality or drop times should be nerfed because doing it, would only benefit those players who jumped on that spawn early on and punish all players who came to it later on, after the nerf.

That's at least as I see it.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we should redo major events every time also because someone got caught in traffic or couldn't log on because their computer broke?
Its a game bro. New and existing players will always miss some content or goodies for a million different reasons.
A couple of those reasons being glitches or coding errors.
I just feel like some shortsighted players are like those kids on the playground in second grade wailing that the rules aren't fair in kickball every time they make an out.
Not sure how many young children anyone else has been around but I can tell you for sure that at some point they all go through a "that's not fair" period. And it is ugly lol

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I entirely fail to see what nerfing quality loot AFTER some players already benefitted from that quality loot might have anything at all to do with working towards bigger goals....

I mean, let's make an example just for the sake of discussion, shall we ?

We have player A who is an established player, already with a good stock of items, gold and blah blah.
There is a game change which "ups" the quality of loot. This player, having already a well established template (possibly more then just 1...) jumps on the new change and farms loads of exceptionally great items to make his or her suits even better.....
Thanking to these exceptional items, this player clearly has an upper hand in PvP.

Then come the Developers and nerf the new loot quality. End of the great loot or, at least, end of the ability to get many drops of exceptional quality in a shorter farming time.
Now, not only the quality of the items have decreased, but the time to get great drops has increased tens of folds, perhaps to the point to scare away other players from even trying to......

Player A could not care less about the nerf as he/she already got lods of exceptionally good items to last for a good while....

Then comes player B who perhaps, for the sake of the discussion, is a returning player.

Not only he/she will need to build up skills, get powerscrolls, gather resources to imbue a PvP competitive suit (which will already take a whole lot of gaming time....), but he/she will ALSO have to farm those specially exceptional pieces which really can make the difference in a PvP fight.

This, too be competitive, since the PvP engine happens to give quite some importance to numbers, over fighting tactics....

Unfortunately, because of the quality loot nerf, while Player A was able to easily and fastly build up a large stock of uber quality items, Player B on top of all that he/she needs to do to get "on par", will ALSO have to spend way, but WAY more time to farm for those exceptional pieces which truly can make the difference in a PvP fight.

This is not working towards a goal, this is just running uphill with a ton of overweight on one's own shoulders while other players had it much easier simply because they were there for the right spawn before the quality loot nerf kicked in.

Well, to each his/her own opinions, but to me not only this is not fair, but I am worried that the uphill might deter too many players from even trying, especially when they get to know that, while they have to struggle to get the really exceptional pieces, players before them who did it before the nerf got them in loads, much faster and with way more ease......

I am convinced that spawns should be the same for all players regardless of the time when the spawns are hunted by different players, and quality of loot should not change as there should never be early or late birds but simply birds...

This is why I have always said and will always say that loot quality should NEVER EVER be nerfed.

Loot quality for new content should ALWAYS start conservatorily (i.e. start with worse quality or slower drop times) and then, slowly be increased to a better quality of loot or higher drop rates with fine tuning from the Developers to the point where it stops and stays there for all players to take advantage from.

But NEVER EVER loot quality or drop times should be nerfed because doing it, would only benefit those players who jumped on that spawn early on and punish all players who came to it later on, after the nerf.

That's at least as I see it.
so your saying that very usable but not perfect pieces should be trash. thats what we're talking about here, not nerfed to the point where nothing is good, just it makes sense that items of high intensity should at least hold some value. currently they are being unraveled. i agree that the balance should have been done before it went live, but believe me kryonix really did spend time on it. i talked with him some way back when this pub was in the beginning and believe me he put alot of time into balancing the loot and realized the consequences if he got it wrong. as we know however, nothing in UO is perfect and im sure, as we've seen on this particular 1 boss the loot intensity will be further tweaked.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps

Ok I understand your argument here, but no disrespect almost sounds like you're just upset because you specifically couldn't benefit..or just are the "voice of the people"

Here's some of mine since we're begging here
I wasn't around for dreads so bring them back

I had my accounts off during the magincia invasion and missed out on all th rare expensive rubble..so bring it back

I wasn't around for the intial UO housing flood so I don't have a castle and don't think it's fair I have to pay 5 bil gold for it when it's only supposed to cost like 200k or something..

We all have missed out on something or other, it's just the nature of the game, and any other game for that matter..

We all don't get trophies for showing up, as much as society pushes that..

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we should redo major events every time also because someone got caught in traffic or couldn't log on because their computer broke?
Its a game bro. New and existing players will always miss some content or goodies for a million different reasons.
A couple of those reasons being glitches or coding errors.
I just feel like some shortsighted players are like those kids on the playground in second grade wailing that the rules aren't fair in kickball every time they make an out.
Not sure how many young children anyone else has been around but I can tell you for sure that at some point they all go through a "that's not fair" period. And it is ugly lol

Were we talking merely of deco items, then missing them out because of traffic or whatever would not be a problem at all.

But when it comes to items which matter in fights, especially PvP fights, then no, a game that wants PvP to be an important aspect of it should not forbid players to have them "as well" nor should make some players life in the game tougher to get them as compared to other players who got them before a nerf.....

Infact, Replicas come to my mind, introduced to help all those players who missed the actual items....

And then come to my mind Minax Artifacts from Blackthorn Dungeon to help those players who missed the actual items....

And rightfully so.

Items which make the difference in PvP fights should never ever be exclusive to only a few players nor ever become harder to get for other players only because they did not hunt for them early on, before the nerf.....

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps

Ok I understand your argument here, but no disrespect almost sounds like you're just upset because you specifically couldn't benefit..or just are the "voice of the people"

Here's some of mine since we're begging here
I wasn't around for dreads so bring them back

I had my accounts off during the magincia invasion and missed out on all th rare expensive rubble..so bring it back

I wasn't around for the intial UO housing flood so I don't have a castle and don't think it's fair I have to pay 5 bil gold for it when it's only supposed to cost like 200k or something..

We all have missed out on something or other, it's just the nature of the game, and any other game for that matter..

We all don't get trophies for showing up, as much as society pushes that..

As I said, missin out deco items is one thing, missing out items which DO MAKE the difference in PvP fights is an entire other story.

I am fine with missing out deco items, not about missing out items which can make a difference in fights, especially in PvP fights.

No player should ever benefit from a head start position in PvP just because they got exceptional items available to them before a nerf and not so much can other players because a nerf kicked in.

Deco items ? No biggie there.

How many people out there have fun from losing PvP fights ?
I suspect not many......

Hence, if we want PvP in Ultima Online to thrive we must make sure that NO PLAYER can maintain, for no reason, a upper hand position which would allow them higher chances in winning PvP fights because of their better gear.

This, especially if the upper hand is provided by a dividing line called "nerf of loot quality" where a few players can get great item in loads before the nerf and all other players will then have to struggle to get 1 or 2 after the nerf .......

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so your saying that very usable but not perfect pieces should be trash. thats what we're talking about here, not nerfed to the point where nothing is good, just it makes sense that items of high intensity should at least hold some value. currently they are being unraveled. i agree that the balance should have been done before it went live, but believe me kryonix really did spend time on it. i talked with him some way back when this pub was in the beginning and believe me he put alot of time into balancing the loot and realized the consequences if he got it wrong. as we know however, nothing in UO is perfect and im sure, as we've seen on this particular 1 boss the loot intensity will be further tweaked.

I am talking about some players farming lots of perfectly usable Legendary items which WILL make a whole world of difference in fights, especially PvP fights, thanking to the fact that they did it before the nerf, or adjustment or "tweak" if you prefer, and all other players who will NOT be equally able to get them either in the same intensities or quality or time, because a nerf, an adjustment or a "tweak" was done later on...

Let's imagine that a Bow showed up in Ultima Online and that it was a uber killing machine.

Now, that 1 players had it, it would be extremely unbalancing because all other players could not compete.

But if ALL players had the same one bow, regardless of how great it was, it would not matter because all players in a fight would be able to use them and benefit from using them.

This, is what I am talking about.

I can understand that those players who already have better items would not like other players to also be able to get them as good or as easily as they got them, clearly those better items give them a great advantage in their fights against other players...... but for Ultima Online as a game this is not good, IMHO, if PvP is wanted to be an important aspect of it.

As I see it, all items that matter in fights (especially player-player fights), especially those of the highest quality, should be available to all players likewise (which means same comparable quality AND also same faming time to get them...) and no nerf, adjustment or "tweak" should create a "divide" in between players that would make these items available to them in any different way.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said, missin out deco items is one thing, missing out items which DO MAKE the difference in PvP fights is an entire other story.

I am fine with missing out deco items, not about missing out items which can make a difference in fights, especially in PvP fights.

No player should ever benefit from a head start position in PvP just because they got exceptional items available to them before a nerf and not so much can other players because a nerf kicked in.

Deco items ? No biggie there.

How many people out there have fun from losing PvP fights ?
I suspect not many......

Hence, if we want PvP in Ultima Online to thrive we must make sure that NO PLAYER can maintain, for no reason, a upper hand position which would allow them higher chances in winning PvP fights because of their better gear.

This, especially if the upper hand is provided by a dividing line called "nerf of loot quality" where a few players can get great item in loads before the nerf and all other players will then have to struggle to get 1 or 2 after the nerf .......
again pops i agree with you, but in UOs history its never happened like this.
for example:
prepatch shields
prepatch damage eater armor
double reforged damage eater armor
double reforged anything
prepatch fc1 not counting towards imbue weight.

i missed out on all of those, and i missed out on the magincia "deco" items
in regards to those items being "just deco" its billions worth of deco that could be sold and put towards perfect gear.

its been like this forever. stuff gets changed, those who happened to get stuff before benefit, those who didnt make do. not saying thats right, its just the way it is and i wouldnt expect anything to change.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I see it, all items that matter in fights (especially player-player fights), especially those of the highest quality, should be available to all players likewise (which means same comparable quality AND also same faming time to get them...) and no nerf, adjustment or "tweak" should create a "divide" in between players that would make these items available to them in any different way.
i disagree. maybe in a perfect UO, or the original UO, but a big draw of the modern pvper is having something thats better than most others. again not saying thats right, but its a reality and half the game to many pvpers.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry popps but you obviously just dont get it.
The abundance of some high end items for a short period of time will in no way alter any type of pvp one tiny iota.
Wearing a basic sorcerer's suit setup I could kill any one of your mages in the most uber expensive suit ever built. That is a fact and that alone discounts 90% of the nonsense you keep spouting about the recent loot glitch.
And the fact that you keep referencing returning or new players is insulting. There is no new gear in existence that will help a new player beat an experienced mage so what really is your point here?
You quite obviously have 'have not' issues and everything you say points to that.
The points you keep making have no relevance to new or returning players. Any experienced pvper will kill a new or returning player very quickly no matter what they are wearing.
What I believe you are bothered by is the fact that an uber item or two can make a difference to a casual vet pvper. The type of pvper that wants to be elite but doesn't wanna take the time or effort to take it to the next level by farming for months to obtain or buy uber items.
You want this type of player to be given items to make him 'equal' and that is sad and contrary to the whole spirit of UO imo.
It is quite similar to the longtime players that whine about the oldest vet rewards. It kills them that they have been playing a long time but not quite long enough so they want to take things away from others or change the entire system to make thgings 'equal' lol.
*shakes head*

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i disagree. maybe in a perfect UO, or the original UO, but a big draw of the modern pvper is having something thats better than most others. again not saying thats right, but its a reality and half the game to many pvpers.

I have always heard, from PvPers, the argument that PvP is great because the fight against a NPC is dull, while the fight against a human controlled character is way more challenging.

So, it looks to me, the key word here is "challenging".......

Now, in order to have a "challenging" fight, such fight, I would guess, should either be on an even basis or, even better, against all odds.

That is, I would imagine, winning against someone who is less prepared, less geared up, should not count as "challenging".......

The problem with Ultima Online PvP, to my opininion, is that fights outcomes are too much gear based and that modifiers factor in for too much. I'd much prefer fighting tactics to matter more in determining who wins and who loses a fight because tactics are human controlled and thus show more one's own fighting "skill", while modifiers, just play out "coldly" within an engine which factors them in, sees which numbers are higher and then says who won by landing the most hits, hurting the most and so forth.

Yes, I'd like UO to be more skill focused rather then item focused because I think that in this way the "human" factor could prevail much more over cold, modifier numbers to tell who should win or loose a fight ......

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems impossible to craft 150 Luck pieces with Copper Runic Hammers, which was possble before and it seems way harder to get 100% elemental weapons with Shadow Runic Hammers and Oak Runic Fletcher Tools.
Is there any info about that? This makes the smaller runics almost useless again.
I crafted an entire plate luck suit today..zero hiccups it's just RNG. Sometimes good, sometimes not as much..keep forging away on test. You'll see!
Copper Runics
Powerful
Auspicious
(Sometimes I got 2 MoDs and the second mod was useless)
150 Base Luck pre enhance

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always heard, from PvPers, the argument that PvP is great because the fight against a NPC is dull, while the fight against a human controlled character is way more challenging.

So, it looks to me, the key word here is "challenging".......

Now, in order to have a "challenging" fight, such fight, I would guess, should either be on an even basis or, even better, against all odds.

That is, I would imagine, winning against someone who is less prepared, less geared up, should not count as "challenging".......

The problem with Ultima Online PvP, to my opininion, is that fights outcomes are too much gear based and that modifiers factor in for too much. I'd much prefer fighting tactics to matter more in determining who wins and who loses a fight because tactics are human controlled and thus show more one's own fighting "skill", while modifiers, just play out "coldly" within an engine which factors them in, sees which numbers are higher and then says who won by landing the most hits, hurting the most and so forth.

Yes, I'd like UO to be more skill focused rather then item focused because I think that in this way the "human" factor could prevail much more over cold, modifier numbers to tell who should win or loose a fight ......
UO is FAR more skill based then you think..I'll mage duel naked with 2/6 and regs..and majority of the time kill a lesser skilled player in a max HPR/mr/eater suit

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
42 Lesser Reforges with Copper Runics with Powerful, Auspicious. Done on Ringmail gloves, 0 150 Luck pieces. Testing with Plate to see if that's where the issue is.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i reforged ALOT lately with copper hammers for 100 mana leech and a mixture of oak / ash kits for 100 percent elemental weapons. seemed alot harder than it used to be, and i know its not the luck mod, but on average id say about 75 reforges (powerful with copper regular with oak) to get the ones i was looking for. rng is of course always a factor. had a streak of about 200 with no 100 leech and i was getting worried but then got 3 within 10 reforges.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i reforged ALOT lately with copper hammers for 100 mana leech and a mixture of oak / ash kits for 100 percent elemental weapons. seemed alot harder than it used to be, and i know its not the luck mod, but on average id say about 75 reforges (powerful with copper regular with oak) to get the ones i was looking for. rng is of course always a factor. had a streak of about 200 with no 100 leech and i was getting worried but then got 3 within 10 reforges.
A year or so ago I was burning luck leather pieces for my tamer. Which I ended up imbuing before powdering..that was bright but another story regardless. Newbie mistakes, but anyways..I went thru about 10 kits and just called it a wash and was just so damn frustrated. I literally said ok one more, and on that last kit I got gloves,sleeves, and a tunic with 150 luck..so Ya the RNG is a ******* and loves to play games. Oh another fun story that happened yesterday. I was imbuing a ring for a buddy and on the last mod had a 2% chance or something equally ugly and I was like oh great this is going to take forever, and bam first shot!! So it all balances out!

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is not an RNG issue!

It appears to have become the norm that every time there is an unannounced change we get some "know it all" posting how it's UO's infamous RNG.

Something has changed to runics and it's not just 1 person that's noticing it. This is going back several weeks now.

I'm glad you got your luck suit crafted good for you, but that is no way makes you an authority on crafting.

Changes have been made to runics and the properties intensities; and Soulweaver may be right on the money that these changes were unintended and the result of the new loot code. Regardless, there were changes made.

This is something that needs to get addressed, and when we get people in here stating it's RNG when it's not it's not helping matters.

Last edited:

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We are no longer able to craft 100% Elementals with Oaks Runics ,...since the change 90% is the best you can get. If you want 100% you need ASH and then run the risk of getting some unwanted Mod on the weapon.

Essentially overnight, Oak Runics prices have plummeted and Ash Runics have skyrocketed. The fact that Ash Runics are going for 10 times what an Oak Runic is going for should send up a big red flag that something is wrong.

The chance to get a 100% Elemental with a Shadow Runic Hammer has significantly decreased, and what would have been a 100% Elementals are now showing up at 90%.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still getting 100% Elemental Out of Oak Runics. %'s still seem lower than they used to be though. Burning a bunch to see what we get.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are no longer able to craft 100% Elementals with Oaks Runics ,...since the change 90% is the best you can get. If you want 100% you need ASH and then run the risk of getting some unwanted Mod on the weapon.

Essentially overnight, Oak Runics prices have plummeted and Ash Runics have skyrocketed. The fact that Ash Runics are going for 10 times what an Oak Runic is going for should send up a big red flag that something is wrong.

The chance to get a 100% Elemental with a Shadow Runic Hammer has significantly decreased, and what would have been a 100% Elementals are now showing up at 90%.
i made 100 percent elementals with oak this past friday. powerful reforge of quality

agreed it seems to be much lower chance than before.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not an RNG issue!

It appears to have become the norm that every time there is an unannounced change we get some "know it all" posting how it's UO's infamous RNG.

Something has changed to runics and it's not just 1 person that's noticing it. This is going back several weeks now.

I'm glad you got your luck suit crafted good for you, but that is no way makes you an authority on crafting.

Changes have been made to runics and the properties intensities; and Soulweaver may be right on the money that these changes were unintended and the result of the new loot code. Regardless, there were changes made.

This is something that needs to get addressed, and when we get people in here stating it's RNG when it's not it's not helping matters.
Sorry that I have hurt your feelings, in no way shape or form was I saying shut up its workin stop crying babies..all I was doing was putting in my input and saying. I 100% have used the right runics based off the chart that's been used for years now. Completed a full luck suit using that exact same formula. So when I look at it, nothing has changed. Listen UO is a buggy game, always has been. For all we know it's character bound, maybe it was something coded and the few that are having issues were affected. Same with the sticking stats, people being naked with 40lmc etc etc. I'm sorry YOU and a select other cannot get what you're trying to get. But I'm telling you now, I in the last 3 days just finished a luck suit with the same methods as before. Take it for what it is!

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Elden, Smoot, and Azmodanb you guys are correct regarding Oak Runic it is still possible to craft 100% Elemental. On Atlantic 2 weeks ago I tried about 200 wooden items and got nothing. Last night on TC after Elden claims it's still possible I reforged 150 Bokutos I ended up with 3 100%. 2% batting average that still clearly proves there has been a change, and a ****ty one at that.

@cazador This been talk of this on the crafters forum going back several weeks now. There have been plenty of people asking "WTF is up with runics!?" and "Has there been a change of some kind to runics!?", "How come I can't craft 150 luck anymore!?" that's it's effected enough people it's blatantly obvious it's nothing pertaining to the RNG.

I knew day one when I the change took place. I blew through 200 items and not 1 100% Elemental with Oaks and then I moved to Blacksmithing and started testing with weapons...same things I went through well over 80 items before getting one 100% elemental.

God forbid the Devs would change something an not announce it to the UO Community.:rolleyes:

And while were on the topic runics... hatchets are not showing their proper hue when enhanced to 100%.

WE'RE NOT HAPPY. Change the runics back to how they've been functioning for years.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, when you do make changes please inform the community and give an explanation as to why and when your are implementing changes.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it seems this change wasnt intended, so please stop bashing at the devs, ESPECIALLY in the thread i started. :rant2:;)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious, why is everyone bent on max luck on the armor pieces? If using 6 pieces the difference between 190 and 140 is 7%? Is that difference worth the obscene increase of price? As a matter of fact, you can max out luck with 140 armor pieces... am i missing something?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a matter of fact, you can max out luck with 140 armor pieces... am i missing something?
I think I'm missing something! How can you get max luck with 140 when you can make 190 parts?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, why is everyone bent on max luck on the armor pieces? If using 6 pieces the difference between 190 and 140 is 7%? Is that difference worth the obscene increase of price? As a matter of fact, you can max out luck with 140 armor pieces... am i missing something?
you are correct its only around 7 percent chance if you are up around 2k luck base on armor. why would someone go to all the trouble? same reason they do everything else else in uo because its rewarding to reach the maxes. not because of actual effectiveness of what that suit might get you.

a lower luck suit played right, with either higher sdi or higher damage output actually yields better items in the long run.

i see max luck is for someone who basically auto-attacks or doesnt cast offensive spells on a tamer. its also very nice for those who script jewels.

if your actually playing, if wearing a luck suit cuases you to kill substantially slower the luck suit is not worth it.

i run around 1200-1600 luck on my sampire suit. any more than that and my damage output / ability to take on muliple mobs would be diminished to the point where the luck would not be worth it.

even on that suit tho, having the 190 luck pieces allows for more room for non-luck pieces like weapon, jewels, tally, etc.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I'm missing something! How can you get max luck with 140 when you can make 190 parts?
140*7 (armors+shield and weapon)=980
Mempo=300
Jewels= 400
Garb=140
Luck totem=140
Thats 1960 + bushido 1k + luck statue

Check my math though... coco crispy day and all.