• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats your funniest story about our new players in ea-land?

H

HoTDeViL

I own a store in ea-land and its quite funny when new players come in. I greet everyone and mostly dont get an answer because many dont know how to talk in roomchat.
some funny things happend in my store already.

the thing which made me most laugh behind my screen was when in roomchat showed up "rosebud"

what was your funniest story?

P

Paula777

LOL this I found in another post:

The other day I had a newb in the house trying to strike up a convo with the icecream man

G

At our store in EA we had 3 new players on the lot, one who hardly spoke english ( that was fun ) and was demanding I tell her how to get $ so i preceeded to help her or attempted to. After about 5 minutes of silence i said "Ok, you get all that? If not cntrl h hun" another 5 minutes goes by she says "I don't see a cntrl icon anywhere". LOL By this time i was already a tad aggravated with the other 2 newbies. One IMing me asking me how do i chat with you LMAO. The other complaining i won't GIVE him a dog and clothes. *head desk* I don't mind the newbies but i don't always have the patience which is why I normally send them to Mandi K, and often have to practically hold their hand to get them there! Bless you Mandi!

Y

YadaSc

I have helped a ton of them.. lol but my fav was this guy. I had a two story beach house. He would have a time getting up stairs to eat and shower and stuff. lol then he couldn't NEVER get back down.. lmao omg the migraines.. that was the lest of it really.. lol but he survived and so did I
What we really need is Parachutes !!!!!

Oh. wait.. that was over a year ago. lol sorry read the post wronge.

G

I was chilling at my lot... and a newbie comes in. Now, we talk, I beg him to Subscribe, explain a bit of the games history, standard. In the middle of this, he asks... "can we make out?" XD

And I was a male, thank you very much.

G

I went to a welcome house last week. The owner told me she had a noob trying to strike up a conversation with the Mc Donalds guy. LOL I thought that was hilarious.

I

imported_Founder

LoL Before the merges, I actually held weekly segments on Calvin Creek's skill lots called " n00bs say the darnest things " where we would all take turns talking about our favorite stories. Over the 5 year span, I had way too many to list here, so I will just mention the most recent one that happened on a Level 1 DJ Job Lot:

After 1 minute intermission, somebody wasn't fast enough to get back to her DJ station, so after NCP took over her spot, she was furious at the NCP DJ and started yelling "WHY DID YOU TAKE MY SPOT???? HOW DARE YOU!!!"

Also, another newbie's sim stopped dancing and she started looking for a bathroom.

Also, various DJs are trying to be dancesrs and vice-versa.

PS: I remember starting a similar thread on the old TSO boards about 4 years ago and it was locked because the moderators at the time thought that this was an offensive thread to new players.

I

imported_Danny Dots

I haven't seen them do anything funny, I've just heard them be rude. I understand they are new and don't really know what is going on, but its a life rule that kindness will get you father than being rude...

I guess the funniest thing I saw a newbie do was type motherload in group chat, lol... Also I had a newbie at my house that said my fridge was broken because he couldn't cook a meal on it

G

Kinda sad and funny and cute, all at the same time:

*newbie thought the factory job was just one shift and went home after the first shift each day, for several work days....until we told her is was not over yet, when she started to leave. She was very surprised to find out she could stay for more shifts, and make a lot more money per *work day*.

*another newbie, said "great game" and poofed, just seconds before the end of shift and payout.

*and then there was the one that kept getting a screwdriver or wrench, to 'activate' a station.

They are just new and awkward....and it can be annoying to get killed by them in the factory, or overwhelmed with questions, but it can also be amusing to be reminded of how we were the first time we played.

In Beta, I had to ask someone how to find the bathrooms, because I did not know how to zoom in/out and lower the walls! I think this may be the root source of my dislike of size 8 lots.......

I also had to ask someone in an IM how to chat in room....I kept looking for a text box to put it in (before chat history), and there was none for chat, but there is an easy to find one for PM's....I did not know you could just started typing!
~
~
~

J

Justina0618

I thought it was kind of funny when a newbie asked why the repair guy was doing magic.