• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's your favorite Roleplay event or moment in UO?

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A couple of threads here got me to thinking about what has been my favorite RP event or moment. What I would forward to most were the jousting/dueling events held by many different hosts over the years,and naked dungeon crawls,if that counts as an RP event. My old ax warrior would always attend those...for obvious reasons. *snickers*

So what's your most favorite RP memory from over the years?

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the in game wedding . i love seeing the different outfit people would come up for the weeding dress

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The story of Charnadis. One of the largest and best written RP events of all time. The story and plot was launched by Adammair Walker, and dealt with the slow possession of many folks from the community by the Demon Charnidis. Followers,(cultist) would drop books or hand them out at other player events. Within the pages and words of the book the possession took root, and manifested itself in many different ways through whomever fell under the spell. Adammair and his partner in Game Alraune were without a doubt two of the best RPers and story tellers of our community.

Second to this would be the KOY plotline which ended in the death of Lady Katya DeCourtney. It was a tale of valor which ended in the tragic loss of the beloved leader of KoY.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The story of Charnadis. One of the largest and best written RP events of all time. The story and plot was launched by Adammair Walker, and dealt with the slow possession of many folks from the community by the Demon Charnidis. Followers,(cultist) would drop books or hand them out at other player events. Within the pages and words of the book the possession took root, and manifested itself in many different ways through whomever fell under the spell. Adammair and his partner in Game Alraune were without a doubt two of the best RPers and story tellers of our community.

Second to this would be the KOY plotline which ended in the death of Lady Katya DeCourtney. It was a tale of valor which ended in the tragic loss of the beloved leader of KoY.

That first one... sounds pretty epic. I would have loved to have been a part of something like that.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is really hard for me to answer, because the role-playing I experienced from around the start of Catskills until Trammel was like one really long, super awesome party in my memory. There were a lot of great story-lines, encounters, conflicts, wars, etc., that it's too difficult to recount them all. That's not to say there weren't some really great memories post-Trammel either, it just wasn't exactly the same.

One great random memory that always sticks out was back when I was playing a member of Clan Gunn, who were the rivals of Clan Stewart of the Highland Sosarians. Some people might remember Lachlan Stewart of that guild, the guy who brought us Kent's Last Pint in Yew. Anyway, the whole fiction behind the Highland Sosarians was that we were natives of Cove who resented Britannia for taking over their homeland. During the summer of 1998, the Kingdom of Winterfell decided to take up residence in Cove, and some of the Highland Sosarians were pissed (in-character) about it. One day, there was a caravan event (I think organized by Rutger Dag of the Paladins of Trinsic) that was making it's way between Cove and Yew. Clan Gunn decided to sabotage it, so my Gunn character found the Town of Yew Militia (not to be confused with the later Yew Militia), a group that was made up of Shadow Clan alts. She was an innocent looking teenage girl (at least on the outside), and convinced the Militia men that the caravan had been possessed by demons and were on their way to destroy Yew. We tricked the two groups into fighting, and were able to disrupt the caravan and strike a blow in the name of freedom for Cove. It was totally spontaneous, unplanned, and random fun, and most importantly, no one complained after the fact!

I also still laugh about the time Judas kissed Whorrid Inc. of the Undead during some good guys vs. bad guy battle, only because it was kind of screwed up and unexpected.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When Rotep used a shatter potion on me in New Haven and was Guard whacked. His corpse lay... pantless in front of the New Haven Bank.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When Rotep used a shatter potion on me in New Haven and was Guard whacked. His corpse lay... pantless in front of the New Haven Bank.
I believe that was an accident when shatter pots were glitched and worked as an aggressive act in trammel, I have like 700 of those things left.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Far and away, my favorite were the full-contact story nights in the Red Eye Tavern on Napa. The "final" story night when Trammel was just started and we went and had the whole audience killed was the perfect climax to those events.

Second was when the United Pirates went and raided a PGoH fishing event and kidnapped one of the participants. We lost the day, but had a lot of fun.

Third was when Pike created a month long quest involving different players/ homes/ NPCs. It took a lot of coordination and planning, and went off perfectly.

Fourth (and final for now) was when we arranged (together with Kasaven) an EM event in Red Skull bay. I admit, I had more fun with the preparation than the event itself (which was insane, by the way).

So, first, an ongoing themed event which was unique to us. Second a spur of the moment, "lets get into trouble" event. Third a meticulously planned ongoing event. Fourth, an event with help from "up high".

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
One fun memory for me,though not for my 'mark' happened only a couple of months ago. Gillian was hosting a tavern night at the Skara Inn. I decided to bring my thief to prank her by moving the items around between the two boxes and locking the boxes as well. She ended up not RP'ing that and kept having someone come unlock it. Though it was fun for me,I stopped soon and stealthed away.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
One fun memory for me,though not for my 'mark' happened only a couple of months ago. Gillian was hosting a tavern night at the Skara Inn. I decided to bring my thief to prank her by moving the items around between the two boxes and locking the boxes as well. She ended up not RP'ing that and kept having someone come unlock it. Though it was fun for me,I stopped soon and stealthed away.

This is one of those things.. Yeah.. I really didn't handle that openly the way I should have.. though there was MUCH discussion in guild chat on it. I tend to get in a zone when I'm hosting an event. I'll work on that for future ones *winks*.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smacks on the head*

That was so frustrating! You suck! :p

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is one of those things.. Yeah.. I really didn't handle that openly the way I should have.. though there was MUCH discussion in guild chat on it. I tend to get in a zone when I'm hosting an event. I'll work on that for future ones *winks*.
Yeah it's all good. I just wanted to 'make public' my little antagonist thief girl. Maybe I should have partied you up first and asked instead of being too random.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yeah it's all good. I just wanted to 'make public' my little antagonist thief girl. Maybe I should have partied you up first and asked instead of being too random.
Nope.. never feel you have to ask. That's really the point of rp... spontaneous interaction. And there are consequences.. There are consequences for leaving the keys in the crate.. just as there are consequences for every other rp decision. In that instance you did nothing wrong. I fully admit Gillian should have been rp vocal.

So on that note.. my turn for favorite rp moment. Years ago.. my very first guild was OES.. Bryelle Vaughn (me) was put to death in a ritual that would change her from her mortal coil into the wraith she would be evermore. Izrem, her mentor and tutor in all things Oblivion, prepared her for what was to come. My guild as whole gathered around. The Entropic Chant resounded and Bryelle was changed. It was in depth, it had a touch of history, and it left an indelible mark on my imagination and my roleplay.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another of my favorite moments was something a bit on the silly side. The Knights Rest was celebrating its annual Yule party, and all the good folks, and folks of hidden agendas were coming to the party. On the outside, looking in were those known to be of evil intent. Among these was Leston Alcanter, the leader of Lich, and a known lich himself. Now, I hate to see anyone denied a chance to have fun and RP with others, so Aedon overlooked the strange actions of the man that showed up asking to be allowed to work at the party. He seemed a bit off, but had a wonderful cackling laugh, so Aedon of course gave him the job of playing Santa that night.

The elves, rangers and other good sorts kept asking Aedon if he happened to notice something odd about Santa, to which Aedon replied, "well, he does seem jollier than most." It was a real hoot watching Leston, in Santa garb sitting on a throne going; "Cackles, I mean ho ho ho. Come sit on my lap and tell me what you want." Beleg was one of the few elves that took a chance, sat on Santa's lap, and received his Yule gift.