• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's Wrong With This Template?

G

Gladius

Hello All,

After a years play I have decided to cast my lot into faction playing and PvP.
May I have your appraisal of my current template and suggestion on how to upgrade it in order to be best equipped for the task in hand.

TIA to all!

Anatomy 115
Focus 115
Chiv 90
Tactics 115
Hiding 60
Stealth 100 (with jewels)
Resisting Spells 80
Fencing/Archery 120

-G-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop focus, pick up healing, ninjitsu, bushido or meditation or some combination of the above.

Reasons:
Meditation - Mana will be key to whatever you want to do. Between chiv-heals and weapons specials, if you don't have mana, you're dead.
Ninjitsu - With shuriken, smoke bombs and animal forms, you have ways to get away if things go badly
Bushido - adds ability to heal or to do extra damage
Healing - healing. If you're in factions, then you're using the enchanted bandages anyhow, so why not get the benifit of healing as well?

G

Gladius

Drop focus, pick up healing, ninjitsu, bushido or meditation or some combination of the above.

Reasons:
Meditation - Mana will be key to whatever you want to do. Between chiv-heals and weapons specials, if you don't have mana, you're dead.
Ninjitsu - With shuriken, smoke bombs and animal forms, you have ways to get away if things go badly
Bushido - adds ability to heal or to do extra damage
Healing - healing. If you're in factions, then you're using the enchanted bandages anyhow, so why not get the benifit of healing as well?
Noted, however on Ninji I find it hard to move on Stealth for some reason I get revealed after a few steps? What could be causing this? Actual Stealth is just 40 it goes 100 coz of jewelry bandana and legs.

I would be inclined to try Meditation instead of Focus but don't you think I should junk anatomy as well since it goes with focus? That way it clears the road for Ninji or better yet Bushido or Healing. Please advise and TIA.

-G-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anatomy goes with tactics (additional damage) or healing (enables cure/ressurection as well as heals additional damage). Focus has a similar effect as meditation but restores stamina as well as mana and a LOT more slowly. Since meditation is key to having mana, nearly everyone chooses med over focus (That being said, I do have 40 focus on my tamer, but that's because he was constantly running out of stamina by even walking)

You could drop anatomy, but then healing is not an option and you'll do less damage.

I can't help with stealth issues, since I'm no stealther myself.

The only other room you have to play is the 80 points of resist, which is typically considered too low for PvP. You may be able to drop it entirely or raise it to 110-120 at the cost of some meditation.

A

Arch Magus

The template doesn't have enough Hiding for Stealth to work properly.

Drop Focus. bump Hiding to GM.
Put the rest into Med or Focus. You decide if you need Stamina regen, mana regen, or if you can get enough on your suit.

Depending on how you play this character, you probably don't need Healing. Chiv and pots should keep you alive just fine, as long as you pick and choose targets, have allies, and stay hidden most of the time.

I recommend replacing Resist with Ninjitsu. Wolf form would make your template perfect for a Dismounter.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gladius:

Stealth makes a passive Hiding check EVERY time your stealth counter triggers a new stealth check (which is based on the steps you take and at what speed you move). The only way to pass these reliably is to have GM hiding.

G

Gladius

Ok now after much deliberations on info gathered we now come into a crossroad. The following Template is now on the table for consideration.

Hiding - 100
Ninjitsu - 50
Stealth - 40 (100 with Jewels)
Chivalry 90 (fixed)
Anatomy - 100 (trimmed down from 115)
Tactics - 100 (trimmed down from 115)
Fencing/Archery - 120
Meditation - 100

My take on the issues at hand are the following, however I do hope you folks can still throw in your inputs in order to arrive at a much clearer field on the matter. I do know many players are facing a similar situation and the contributions would be highly appreciated.

1. Since no room for Healing aside from Chivalry, potion supplimentation
would be mandatory.What I do is keep a bag of potions open for use at all
times and set up a macro to drop a weapon to take the drink then equip
the weapon again(tedious but the only way I know).

2. I took off Resisting Spells since not having it at GM would make it useless in
PvP sorties. I must do say that I feel somewhat naked without it (any
tips on this more so if faced to fight a
Mage or Nec is at hand).

3. Lastly I see the Template to more or less insure I will survive and jump off
to safety if things go crazy with Ninjitsu, however if it's a rare one on one
fight (which I don't really mind fighting to the death in respect to my
opponent) how would I fare? What type of players would be best suited to
use this template?

My TIA

-G-

A

Arch Magus

Hiding - 100
Ninjitsu - 50
Chivalry 90 (fixed)
Fencing/Archery - 120
Meditation - 100

how would I fare? What type of players would be best suited to
use this template?

My TIA

-G-
This is a hit-and-run Stealth sniper template, not a 1v1 type character.
Don't stick around to fight mages, there's no honor in being stupid, lol.
Use him to supplement the team. Dismounting is the key here.
This would be a very valuable support character when played right.

I would further recommend dropping Med and buffing up your Tactics at least for more damage. Try for some mana regen on the suit and see how comfortable you are.

Dismounts, remember that. :D

T

T_Amon_from_work

I'm with Arch Magus on this one ... somewhat. Drop Meditation (soulstone?) and take Tacs up to at least 110 (higher if possible). A level of Focus (fast training, passive regen, works with ANY armor setup) might be the ticket for regaining mana. I think it's MR 1 for each 20 points.

Divine Fury for Stam replenishment, Close Wounds for healing (and pots), Focus plus mana regen items in your suit should do for mana replenishment. Don't forget leeches in weaponry ... they can be real helpful.

G

GFY

Hiding - 100
Ninjitsu - 50
Chivalry 90 (fixed)
Fencing/Archery - 120
Meditation - 100

My take on the issues at hand are the following, however I do hope you folks can still throw in your inputs in order to arrive at a much clearer field on the matter. I do know many players are facing a similar situation and the contributions would be highly appreciated.

1. Since no room for Healing aside from Chivalry, potion supplimentation
would be mandatory.What I do is keep a bag of potions open for use at all
times and set up a macro to drop a weapon to take the drink then equip
the weapon again(tedious but the only way I know).

Yes carry heal and cure potions. I forget if they reveal you if you drink them while hiding.

2. I took off Resisting Spells since not having it at GM would make it useless in
PvP sorties. I must do say that I feel somewhat naked without it (any
tips on this more so if faced to fight a
Mage or Nec is at hand).

Carry a trapped box to break a paralyze spell. Carry magic apples to remove curses, carry petals to counter poison. Resist spells isn't "necessary" if you know how to counter spell effects.

3. Lastly I see the Template to more or less insure I will survive and jump off
to safety if things go crazy with Ninjitsu, however if it's a rare one on one
fight (which I don't really mind fighting to the death in respect to my
opponent) how would I fare? What type of players would be best suited to
use this template?

You should really consider pushing your ninja skill as high as possible. 120 if your planning on PVP. This alone could make all the difference in how well the template plays out.

Your template (being a ninja) is designed for hit and run, not stand and fight tactics. Use smoke bombs to hide if your attacked or if you attack and it starts going badly.

You should only look for one on one encounters unless your part of a group attack. Don't jump into a group players and expect to do well. Stalk single players and eliminate them one at a time.

Lastly, carry a large supply of deadly poisoned shirkins. Use them often and they can really help in fighting other players.

My TIA

-G-
GFY