• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats wrong with lvl 6 loot?

catfish154

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me or has something happened to the loot from level 6 treasure chests. Like the past 20 or 30 i've dug were pretty much junk and like 1 legendary out of 20 or so chests, with 2400 luck. Did I miss something or is this just my bad luck?

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I've been getting 1 legendary out of every 5 chests, and most of the time it's junk. Finally last night after 30+ chests I got a usable legendary item.

catfish154

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so did something change we dont know about? a couple weeks back i was averaging 1-2 legendaries per chest and alot of greater and majors and even now those are getting hard to get without being cursed.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They said nothing changed as far as loot is concerned, but this game suffers from the "butterfly effect". There is no mention in the patch notes that SA (splintering, soul channeling, etc) items were added to creatures loot in the other dungeons, but somehow that got put in place with the last patch. This had an effect on the number of cursed items in some of these monsters. So it's very possible there was either an unintended change to chest loot or intentional unadvertised change.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They said nothing changed as far as loot is concerned, but this game suffers from the "butterfly effect". There is no mention in the patch notes that SA (splintering, soul channeling, etc) items were added to creatures loot in the other dungeons, but somehow that got put in place with the last patch. This had an effect on the number of cursed items in some of these monsters. So it's very possible there was either an unintended change to chest loot or intentional unadvertised change.
The overall quality of loot in level six chest decreased for my a few weeks back after a patch happened. May have been a side effect. The Devs have stated they have not changed the system but that does not mean it may not have changed. But as you know the RNG can be sticky sometimes to advantage or disadvantage in this game.

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i fully agree, there were at least 1 leg and some majors in the lvl 6 maps, the last i dont know how much i only got junk

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did 8 lvl6 & 3 lvl7 chests yesterday and not a single legendary.

I agree something seem to have changed.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just did 7 lvl 6 Fel chests with max 3300 luck and not a single legendary.

Also heard someone in general chat say that luck did not affect the loot inside the chest any longer? what!?!? @Bleak

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also heard someone in general chat say that luck did not affect the loot inside the chest any longer? what!?!? @Bleak
I have not heard of a change, @Kyronix just posted a couple of months ago in a post about luck and SOS chests https://stratics.com/community/threads/sos-and-luck.329604/#post-2499509

This is from Publish 86 http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_86
  • Loot obtained from monsters, SoS Chests, Treasure Chests, Dredging Hooks, and as Quest Rewards will be influenced by the luck of the individual getting the loot.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have just started collecting maps and saving them because there is something amiss with the chest loot now.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just did 6 more fel maps with 3,310 luck.
0 legendaries...
7 major
10 greater

Also did 4 ilshenar lvl 7 maps last night with 2,400 luck and got only 1 legendary.

Maybe time to retire from t-hunting. More aggravating than it is worth.

O'siris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am right there with you Grimiz, When I started thunting again I got two legendaries farely fast, now I am on a 30 or so chest dry spell. :-(

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty much same here lately - and I hardly ever get an L7 map from the chests

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
Wee need Devs resolution of this question.
What changes ( not declared in ofcial announcement) was made in Tr Chest items generating since the 86 pub finaly released ?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
Wee need Devs resolution of this question.
What changes ( not declared in ofcial announcement) was made in Tr Chest items generating since the 86 pub finaly released ?
No changes have been implemented to treasure chest loot since Pub 88 went world wide, as referenced here.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So maybe the loot that seemed exciting at first seems boring now because it has become common now?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't think that's it, Yadd.... quality and frequency of items has certainly changed - and not just the loot, the specials are diminished also... can't remember the last time I saw a coffin piece.... I loot chest and partner loots spawn and he reports that loot isn't the same as earlier, either

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, that's been was my impression too, and yet they say nothing has changed - ?

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No changes have been implemented to treasure chest loot since Pub 88 went world wide, as referenced here.
I have to disagree Kyronix... Maybe there have been no intended ie planned changes but the quality of items from t maps have taken another dive... and MIB loot was never upgraded with Pub 88 contrary to what was released in the patch notes. I and a few others have tested MIB's loot quality with and w/o luck and there is zero difference... I personally have done 300+ mib's (one of the perks of working nights and the ability to play)just to get a wide range to base my opinion off of.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the luck bump was deactivated?
It had to be activated to be deactivated.

What I find funny, there has been no comment regarding this in over a month. Since then I have done another 150-200 mibs just for turn in points and the few ancients that Ive managed to collect

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, today i got 5 (five) legendaries from 7 lvl map chest at feluca with 3230 luck. /Unfortunatly all 5 was trash/
NEVER seen such amount before in 7 lvl chest(an 6 sure).