• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats with all the crashes????

S

Shayne

I've played on 5 different computers thinking that something may be wrong with mine. I've tried playing on Win2k, 98, 2 xps, and a vista. All the hardware was pretty good, dual core +, 512mb video+, raid sata's, 3gb+ ram. Every one of them at some point in time would crash. I would recall *CRASh*, I would drag a bow to my bank box *CRASH*, I would trade someone, and when I clicked accept *CRASH*. I've been playing UO for since it came out in 97. I have never had so many freaking crashes until recently. Any one else feeling the same or does anyone have a reason / solution? It didn't matter if I ran with or without UOAssist, or UOMap.

D

DHMagicMan_1

What server are you playing on? What version of the Client? 2D or KR?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been a number of reports of this sort of thing over the last few months and I've been getting it too from time to time. I have theories and speculation, but alas I've never been able to reliably reproduce something to submit as a bug and I didn't see anything mentioned in the early previews of pub 56.

R

Rubican

I too have been crashing several times a night - no reason to it either, can be doing totally different things and than *CRASH* to desktop. Annoying to say the least.

S

sapphirediablo11

I only seem to crash if... i go into a gate, recall, or enter a new area :| but i've gotten used to it... being in tram and all i wont die :D

U

UOKaiser

Yea I get this all the time usually its a gate and boom instant crash.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I play on Lake Austin with 2D Client and don't remember the last time I crashed to the desktop.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the Devs listened to all the people asking to turn the clocks back 11 years. Now if they could just turn them forward again without AoS.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
yea I was thinking maybe this is the 11th anni, celebration they are reminding us of all the server crashes from years gone by.